Our beat writers making fun of our head coach....

cole256

Those guys are total jerks. How can we get rid of them? Anyway to ban them from press conferences? They will be shocked if we pull off a win on Saturday. It would be great to freeze them out then.

Mostly it was just stupid. Three newspaper reporters who shouldn't be on tv trying to be tv personalities, and trying too hard to be funny. I didn't think it was horribly disrespectful, just really poor jounalism. Gus ran a guy off from a high school football practice and that's noteworthy? Gus got upset because reporters were grilling him about exactly what trick plays he might run the week of a big game and that means he's paranoid? 4 minutes of my life I won't get back.

I went ahead and reported the video. AL.com would be a heckova lot better if they just didn't have some privilages that they presently have.

Childish? Perhaps, but so is their reporting.

Thanks Tiger and TT.....will save those 4 minutes (minus what it takes to type this) and better still... avoid giving the jerks a click on their pitiful website.

al.com, that is all that needs to be said. The National Enquirer of the pachyderm crowd.

Those guys are total jerks. How can we get rid of them? Anyway to ban them from press conferences? They will be shocked if we pull off a win on Saturday. It would be great to freeze them out then.

Simple, you and everyone you know just stops clicking the link (AL.COM).... you take away the money and it dies a natural death. The difference will be noted if suddenly every AU fan stopped going there.

You want to lead the charge?

I can't believe AU people give al.com the clicks it needs. :dunno:

Simple, you and everyone you know just stops clicking the link (AL.COM).... you take away the money and it dies a natural death. The difference will be noted if suddenly every AU fan stopped going there.

This. Beat me too it.

I can't believe AU people give al.com the clicks it needs. :dunno:

This. Beat me too it.

I haven't clicked any AL.com article in 2+ years. Even longer for the AJC.com in ATL. I would rather get a root canal.

The "War Eagle Extra" columns at the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer are about the only place for AU people to go get information without some negative slant, and it's not associated with al.com.

The only times I've clicked an al.com link in about four years is when I've been tricked into doing so by the link not neing clearly identified.

I'll make the pledge. I've 100% stopped listening to Pondscum. I don't normally view Al.com either, but I wanted to see how bad it was. I fell for the OP! Thanks for the alternative, Mikey. I'll check it out. I mostly get my "news" from here. lol Sad, I know.

What is this al.com you speak of? As an Auburn fan, I am not familiar with the site. Seriously, I started many years ago, as many of us did, on the al.com message boards. Hated it, but it was about all we had. Actually that is where I found AuburnEagle.com. I have only gone back when absolutely necessary but never to their football forums. I am already boycotting.

These jerks, Crepea and Marcello, are the same ones that wrote more than one column each and made a video that made a Federal case out of our players making statements about players on other teams. That was the last time I was there.

So yesterday, the 24/7 Bodda Getta board linked a Scarb column where he takes the bama players to task for talking smack and making bulletin board statements. So while I was there, I decided to scan the headline page just to see if those 2 idiots wrote something about it too. Surprise surprise, not a word from them. I see they had time to make a video about Gus though. Their agenda is obvious and that place is a waste of time.

4 minutes of listening to themselves talk and saying nothing. Surprise Gus doesn't give anything away about what we will do in the Iron Bowl unlike Saban who has already provided their playbook and signals to Auburn (SARCASM)

We ran a variant of Fight Song in 2013 and 2014 where an unbalanced line created an ineligible wide receiver, and the ineligible WR dropped back to create a fake bubble screen threat. Fight Song does the same thing, but instead of two WRs to one side (with one being ineligible), it splits a tackle out wide, and the tackle fakes the bubble screen.

The problem with Fight Song is it means you have one fewer pass blocker protecting the QB, so it is likely only a threat against a 3-man rush prevent defense.

This trick works because it causes a defender to respect a false threat and reduces the coverage for the other WR on that side.

When we ran the play with the ineligible WR, we had an eligible tackle on the other side of the O-Line, so we had pass protection if needed. But I think we often ran this formation as a running play away from the ineligible WR (and towards the eligible OT).

Another idea behind Fight Song is not have the OT bubble screen threat, but to simply make the defense lose the TE on the opposite side (the five man line makes the defense believe the eligible TE is really an ineligible OT), and roll the QB towards the split OT so the split OT can provide pass protection. I would guess if you did this along with a pulling lineman, you could create a moving pocket, and potentially open up the TE across the middle.

Don't remember exactly how I found this site,but I'm glad I did.Have not been on al.com in a couple of years and don't miss it at all.

I can't believe AU people give al.com the clicks it needs. :dunno:/>

This. Beat me too it.

Well, this is the first time I have listened to one of their deals, and the last. I will pretty much be boycotting that site.

Hey, did you guys read that erudite editorial piece full of journalistic professionalism and sagely insight over at al. . . . oh, wait, never mind.

These three guys have taken every shot at Auburn they could all year long. I think it ought to be a requirement that sportswriters should have to reveal their colleges or if they are a fan of a particular school. None of them have the fortitude to do this. If you look at most of the sportswriters in the state they are either graduates of Alabama or big fans or they realize that their audience is mostly made up of Alabama fans and they play to them. Either way it is not ethical journalistic conduct.

JW Shewmake

These three guys have taken every shot at Auburn they could all year long. I think it ought to be a requirement that sportswriters should have to reveal their colleges or if they are a fan of a particular school. None of them have the fortitude to do this. If you look at most of the sportswriters in the state they are either graduates of Alabama or big fans or they realize that their audience is mostly made up of Alabama fans and they play to them. Either way it is not ethical journalistic conduct.

JW Shewmake

Just a reminder...these guys DO NOT work for AU and they have no obligation to write favorable articles about the school or coaches. It's pretty simple. And of course...ethics and journalism ? ,,,not a lot of that around these days.

If AU people don't like what they say....don't read their work. Meanwhile, please respect the First Amendment of the US Constitution.

Archived