2016 JUCO RB Tyren Jones

ellitor

There are indications that Jovon may declare for the NFL. I think that's a huge mistake since he SHOULD be the focus of our offense next year.

That's the only reason that I think that we would take Tyren.

He is almost 22. Would be over 23 if he stayed one more year at the time of the draft. His RB value would be zilch at 23. He came in with Yeldon and Yeldon is already getting paid. It's hardly a mistake for a RUNNING BACK.

So, he's got value at 22 and none at 23. He's proven little at 22 but COULD have a great year at 23. He's quite fortunate that you are not his agent.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are indications that Jovon may declare for the NFL. I think that's a huge mistake since he SHOULD be the focus of our offense next year.

He is almost 22. Would be over 23 if he stayed one more year at the time of the draft. His RB value would be zilch at 23. He came in with Yeldon and Yeldon is already getting paid. It's hardly a mistake for a RUNNING BACK.

CAP reported to camp at age 23.

And CAP will be hoping for atleast four seasons on an active roster in the NFL just for retirement purposes. Did you read my other post? Overall, I have always believed that a player should take the money when they can anyways so it's not like I'm changing my views any at all.

So, he's got value at 22 and none at 23. He's proven little at 22 but COULD have a great year at 23. He's quite fortunate that you are not his agent.

Like an NFL agent would tell him that even though he has the skills of an NFL back, he needs to wait until he is 23 to join the NFL and get paid. It's like the NFL agent would have forgotten that the running backs have the smallest shelf life in the NFL and most don't last until 28.

Like an NFL agent would tell him that even though he has the skills of an NFL back, he needs to wait until he is 23 to join the NFL and get paid. It's like the NFL agent would have forgotten that the running backs have the smallest shelf life in the NFL and most don't last until 28.

All the more reason to enhance draft stock to get guaranteed money.

All the more reason to enhance draft stock to get guaranteed money.

That is true if he could get drafted in a spot with guranteed money like the first round or the second round. Trend goes the other way though.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/123542/inside-slant-running-back-cliff-after-age-27

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/07/31/running-backs-shelf-life-arizona-cardinals/2603313/

Well when you don't get pt when you're clearly the best back on the team....hell I'd be concerned too

yep....thats not a good sign

He misses a lot of snaps because Barber has to come in for him on plays that require blocking. This year at least, Robinson is only the best back when he's going to carry the ball. But I'm sure the NFL will just overlook that item.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/04/blocking_may_play_bigger_role.html

"Due in part to his 232-pound frame, Robinson has been the best pass protector so far. "

"If he knows who he's getting, he does a really nice job there," Horton said. "From a pass protection standpoint, I think Jovon's been the most efficient and effective."

I guess Robinson forgot how to block when the season started.

Well when you don't get pt when you're clearly the best back on the team....hell I'd be concerned too

yep....thats not a good sign

He misses a lot of snaps because Barber has to come in for him on plays that require blocking. This year at least, Robinson is only the best back when he's going to carry the ball. But I'm sure the NFL will just overlook that item.

It's funny how you guys will believe everything. I've seen barber miss plenty of blocks, he's nothing special blocking, remember the Cole guy going over film showing how giving up a sack isn't always the o lineman's fault? They haven't been playing a guy who was head and shoulders better than the competition....of course they better say something.

Corey Grant turned out okay. Why not!

Corey grant was not kicked out of bama.

Yeah, for pot. Big freaking deal.

Agreed. That means the only difference between him and most of the other guys is that he got caught

We don't need any more RB's who can be caught. Need a few that no one can catch!

Well played. Very well played.

http://www.al.com/au...igger_role.html

"Due in part to his 232-pound frame, Robinson has been the best pass protector so far. "

"If he knows who he's getting, he does a really nice job there," Horton said. "From a pass protection standpoint, I think Jovon's been the most efficient and effective."

C'mon...You post an article from April 10th? Bogus much? Apparently he did forget how to block once the season started. Look at our coach's comments at a recent press conference. It was plainly stated that Barber got more snaps because Robinson wasn't as good at blocking. It's still on the first page of the main football forum. Keeping current would help you to avoid appearing so foolish.

I cant blame him for leaving early for the reason Cole said: arguably the best runner on the team and gets ignored for stretches/halves even when they actually want to work him into the game plan plus getting the NFL minimum riding the bench is better than doing the same (to an extent) for free

C'mon...You post an article from April 10th? Bogus much? Apparently he did forget how to block once the season started. Look at our coach's comments at a recent press conference. It was plainly stated that Barber got more snaps because Robinson wasn't as good at blocking. It's still on the first page of the main football forum. Keeping current would help you to avoid appearing so foolish.

well hell atleast I know how to provide a link. Do you really think Jovon forgot how to pass block!

I cant blame him for leaving early for the reason Cole said: arguably the best runner on the team and gets ignored for stretches/halves even when they actually want to work him into the game plan plus getting the NFL minimum riding the bench is better than doing the same (to an extent) for free

Common sense doesn't work around here. Some people are so infatuated with Barber and his three yards that if another RB chooses to go pro, he "is making a huge mistake."

And you're right, even if he was riding the bench, that year would still count toward his NFL pension plan and he would still be making money which he can't right now. Look at Jovon though, he has NFL skills and he will be drafted somewhere this year if he goes pro. He has all the size and the ability to perform on the next level. To suggest he wouldn't be drafted is just foolish.

The fact that this was all he came up with tells you everything

It is par for the course.

So, when the AU coaches say, at a press conference, that Robinson has to come out in frequent situations because he can't block as well as Barber, you guys say the coaches are lying and you know more about his blocking ability than they do? Funny.

So, when the AU coaches say, at a press conference, that Robinson has to come out in frequent situations because he can't block as well as Barber, you guys say the coaches are lying and you know more about his blocking ability than they do? Funny.

Nah, obviously you have a problem with reading comprehension. Find a link that directly contradicts what Horton said before the season and then we will go from there.

No different than the threads where you said coaches may have said certain things but didn't mean them....I guess you only say that when you want to make it work for you

fyi for everyone- It was said only 9 days ago, by Lashlee in the post UGA game presser, as posted on this site.

"Lashlee on Jovon: "Peyton is a better pass protector. He's more experienced and has done it more. That's why he was in certain times."

http://www.aufamily....lashlee-speaks/

Ignore what the coaches say and instead let's personally attack a poster. That is bush league. I remember Cadillac not playing in the first few games because he was not able to pick up the different blitzes. You cannot get your QB killed.

Sorry for the rant but as Golf said this is a Tyren thread.

fyi for all- It was said only 9 days ago, by Lashlee in the post UGA game presser, as posted on this site. So Mikey's statement above "about the presser" happens to be 100% accurate.

"Lashlee on Jovon: "Peyton is a better pass protector. He's more experienced and has done it more. That's why he was in certain times."

http://www.aufamily....lashlee-speaks/

edit: added the wording, "about the presser".

Archived