2016 JUCO RB Tyren Jones

ellitor

The former Bama RB will be at the Iron Bowl & is an AU target.

Will have 2 to play 2

My guess is we ultimately won't offer but from what I read I would not be surprised if we do.

@JLeeAU21 35m35 minutes ago

Tyren Jones, the former Alabama running back now at Hutchinson JUCO, is visiting Auburn for the Iron Bowl -> http://rvls.co/1MRr4Y8

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Corey Grant turned out okay. Why not!

Corey grant was not kicked out of bama.

I didn't know he was kicked off but now I do. Good to know. Still want him!!

Yeah, for pot. Big freaking deal.

Agreed. That means the only difference between him and most of the other guys is that he got caught.

Agreed. That means the only difference between him and most of the other guys is that he got caught.

My guess it's it's more like Saban used it as an excuse to process him so he could sign a full class.

My guess it's it's more like Saban used it as an excuse to process him so he could sign a full class.

Good point.

Out of curiosity I looked up the details of Jones' arrest. Four passengers in the car, two were arrested. Jones was arrested for possession of a small amount of grass and was released on $1000 bond. He was serving an indefinite suspension for his second violation of team rules, and was dismissed.

It's hard to develop an educated opinion without knowing the nature of his first two transgressions. For what it's worth, I just asked a uat friend of mine and he said Jones got caught "getting high on campus" and then failed a surprise drug test at a later date. He also said if "the other one" (I assume he means Scarborough) doesn't prove himself to be 100% healthy, Jones will resign with them.

WDE!

Forgetting his being dismissed do we really need him. PB, JR, ROC, KJ should be back next year plus Malik Miller will be here next year. Do we expect PB or JR to leave early? So reality as a Juco RB he probably wouldn't get any PT next year so we would only have him for 1 year. Shouldn't we be looking for another HS RB for next year or two for 2017.

Forgetting his being dismissed do we really need him. PB, JR, ROC, KJ should be back next year plus Malik Miller will be here next year. Do we expect PB or JR to leave early? So reality as a Juco RB he probably wouldn't get any PT next year so we would only have him for 1 year. Shouldn't we be looking for another HS RB for next year or two for 2017.

I really don't feel comfortable with the RB situation right now minus Jovon Robinson. Peyton is a huge asset but mostly as a blocker. Hopefully he improves for next year but I don't know if he can win us games against SEC opponents. Kerryon and Roc need to add some size during the off-season and they will be great if they can.

There are indications that Jovon may declare for the NFL. I think that's a huge mistake since he SHOULD be the focus of our offense next year.

That's the only reason that I think that we would take Tyren.

There are indications that Jovon may declare for the NFL. I think that's a huge mistake since he SHOULD be the focus of our offense next year.

He is almost 22. Would be over 23 if he stayed one more year at the time of the draft. His RB value would be zilch at 23. He came in with Yeldon and Yeldon is already getting paid. It's hardly a mistake for a RUNNING BACK.

He is almost 22. Would be over 23 if he stayed one more year at the time of the draft. His RB value would be zilch at 23. He came in with Yeldon and Yeldon is already getting paid. It's hardly a mistake for a RUNNING BACK.

It's a mistake for a RB that won't get drafted.

It's a mistake for a RB that won't get drafted.

no it's not. He probably wouldn't get drafted next year if he can't get drafted this year because he would be older and have more wear and tear on his body. Use your head.

He doesn't even need to be drafted, all he needs is a free agency chance to make his career start also. He needs FOUR years to bring in 65,0000 dollars in annuities after the age of thirty five from the NFL pension plan. Longevity is a big deal. And he is at a disadvantage right now as an older college running back.

There's talk around the complex Jovon may go pro.

They were high on a few other rbs that's why. Need room at the time.

Pun intended

Agreed. That means the only difference between him and most of the other guys is that he got caught

We don't need any more RB's who can be caught. Need a few that no one can catch!

CAP reported to camp at age 23.

There's talk around the complex Jovon may go pro.

If he looks great on Saturday, his stock could soar.

Archived