My Recruiting list for Santa

RevNF4AU

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give me some good LBs, DTs, OLs to fill in the class and I'll be happy.

That nails it. We shoulld be good at RB next season and the OL basically got stocked last year. 5 good OL prospects are currently redshirting. One or two good ones in this class is enough.

Franklin is coming to play QB not WR and will possibly get the job and we go back to running 70% of the game. I don't like that offensive perspective because we don't get good WR year in and year out because we become so ground heavy. Malzan will have to fight for his job 6 wins will not be enough. Time to go back to the basics read option and heavy run.

Franklin is coming to play QB not WR and will possibly get the job and we go back to running 70% of the game. I don't like that offensive perspective because we don't get good WR year in and year out because we become so ground heavy. Malzan will have to fight for his job 6 wins will not be enough. Time to go back to the basics read option and heavy run.

Thank goodness you're here to keep us all in the loop with what's going on in the meetings and what not.

Championships aren't built on the one to two superstars. Its build on the shoulders of the really good role players. To me, that is the part of recruiting that we have missed on lately. Not just at LB, but across the board.

I think you nailed it Birdman!! Too many "me" types and not enough good role players who put team and teammates above their own wants.

Especially the what not

Your so smart when it comes to football knowledge, all you do is disagree with people to stir the pot. I learned a long time ago not to argue with fools. How's my Grammer now? Fool. :)

Championships aren't built on the one to two superstars. Its build on the shoulders of the really good role players. To me, that is the part of recruiting that we have missed on lately. Not just at LB, but across the board.

I think you nailed it Birdman!! Too many "me" types and not enough good role players who put team and teammates above their own wants.

You seem to be confusing talent with narcissism. I don't think bigbird was saying that there is a character issue with superstars. What he's saying, I think, is that you don't want to focus on landing a few whales at the expense of landing many big fish.

Thank goodness you're here to keep us all in the loop with what's going on in the meetings and what not.

Never met a dumb Auburn fan in my life

Never met a dumb Auburn fan in my life. So glad we never met cause you are short bus dumb!!! Do you have a life besides coming on message boards and heckling people because they don't agree with you? Grow up please what are you like 50?

As with all things, I suspect there's a question of quantity balanced with quality. If it's a choice between a LB we kind of like and an OT we love? We'd take the OT. If it's a choice between two guys we're equally sold on, my guess is we'd like to build LB depth. If it's the difference between a 24 or 25 man class, I definitely think we'd sign a LB over saving the spot.

I totally agree with most of this. However, in the case of LB I don't think we'd be trying to build depth. At LB, it's pretty much a case of critical need. Returning guys that have demonstrated the ability to play numerous snaps: 1)Tre Williams. 2)There isn't another one.

There seems to be a potential glut at DE. Do you think Muschamp is thinking about converting a couple of those guys to LB?

Never met a dumb Auburn fan in my life. So glad we never met cause you are short bus dumb!!! Do you have a life besides coming on message boards and heckling people because they don't agree with you? Grow up please what are you like 50?

Mod warning in 3...2...1....

Mod warning in 3...2...1....

So pick with people especially me. I respond and you got to crying. You a funny dude, not to bright but funny

As with all things, I suspect there's a question of quantity balanced with quality. If it's a choice between a LB we kind of like and an OT we love? We'd take the OT. If it's a choice between two guys we're equally sold on, my guess is we'd like to build LB depth. If it's the difference between a 24 or 25 man class, I definitely think we'd sign a LB over saving the spot.

I totally agree with most of this. However, in the case of LB I don't think we'd be trying to build depth. At LB, it's pretty much a case of critical need. Returning guys that have demonstrated the ability to play numerous snaps: 1)Tre Williams. 2)There isn't another one.

There seems to be a potential glut at DE. Do you think Muschamp is thinking about converting a couple of those guys to LB?

I was thinking possibly DT.

You are a special breed of message board poster. Never been called short bus dumb before but that one was rich. Just think it's funny that you come onto these boards and tell everyone what's going to happen and expect everyone to agree with you pal. Keep getting butthurt everytime you someone disagrees with you, it'll get you far in life. What are you like 5?

Trolling?

Or really this way?

My favorite was the "50" comment to Clayton. Not sure if that was supposed to be an insult or a compliment or an observation or ...

Clayton is a old name. He's been messing with me because I post my opinion on this forum like everyone else and old people are usually stuck in they ways, he thinks a pocket passer is suited best for malzan offense. I bleed orange blue just like everyone else on this forum. I buy 8 season tickets every year and attend the games. Obviously he don't his post indicate he's watching from home. I also know some of the players personally. It's just messed up that this site is called Aufamily and people like him make this site seem like we all don't bleed orange and blue. It's fine to respectfully disagree but he even has a problem if you comment on a recruit saying things like I think he's going to be good. He seems to be worried about peoples post count but most of his are heckling others members. He's too old to be acting like that.

Trolling?

Or really this way?

My favorite was the "50" comment to Clayton. Not sure if that was supposed to be an insult or a compliment or an observation or ...

Clayton is a old name. He's been messing with me because I post my opinion on this forum like everyone else and old people are usually stuck in they ways, he thinks a pocket passer is suited best for malzan offense. I bleed orange blue just like everyone else on this forum. I buy season tickets every year and attend the games. Obviously he don't his post indicate he's watching from home. I also know some of the players personally. It's just messed up that this site is called Aufamily and people like him make this site seem like we all don't bleed orange and blue. It's fine to respectfully disagree but he even has a problem if you comment on a recruit saying things like I think he's going to be good. He seems to be worried about peoples post count but most of his are heckling others members. He's too old to be acting like that.

I'm 19 years old. Lol. And as much as I'd love to have a pissing contest on this random thread, I don't have the time nor the effort to do so. Keep doing you buddy. Also, I was at every home game this year.

I was thinking possibly DT.

Yea, but sadly, that does nothing for the lack of LBs.

Especially the what not

Your so smart when it comes to football knowledge, all you do is disagree with people to stir the pot. I learned a long time ago not to argue with fools. How's my Grammer now? Fool. :)

Well first off your correct I am very knowledgeable in football. Thank you Willie. As for all I do is disagree and pot stirring yep got me again Willie. Good old golf is a pot stirrer and for your grammer, its spelled grammar by the way, but I'm no grammar Nazi.

One last thing I would not make it a habit to call a Mod a fool.

Especially the what not

Well first off your correct I am very knowledgeable in football. Thank you Willie. As for all I do is disagree and pot stirring yep got me again Willie. Good old golf is a pot stirrer and for your grammer, its spelled grammar by the way, but I'm no grammar Nazi.

One last thing I would not make it a habit to call a Mod a fool.

And while we're at it Willie, it's you're, not your. Sorry!

Ignore prefs are your friend, guys. Trolls are not. They're hungry, though, and they'll eat as much as you want to feed them.

Or just ban the dude so we all don't have to modify our preferences for one person.

Ignore prefs are your friend, guys. Trolls are not. They're hungry, though, and they'll eat as much as you want to feed them.

Or just ban the dude so we all don't have to modify our preferences for one person.

If you do that he will just reappear as Billieguns. Like the bopping groundhog game.

Archived