Aplha Phi Alpha in Chicago March

Texan4Auburn

Marched against gang violence and black on black violence. Deserves more notice and attention than it is getting.

But last weekend, the men of Alpha Phi Alpha, a historically black intercollegiate fraternity, proved this is not the case.

Nearly 300 men marched in the freezing rain and snow in Chicago's Chatham neighborhood on Saturday to demand an end to violence in their community. Joined by Alderman Michelle Harris and Illinois state Reps. Marcus Evans and Elgie Sims, all Democrats, the fraternity marched down 79th Street, where community members say a gang war is raging.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/alphas-in-the-streets-march_565364c2e4b0879a5b0be458

Marched against gang violence and black on black violence. Deserves more notice and attention than it is getting.

But last weekend, the men of Alpha Phi Alpha, a historically black intercollegiate fraternity, proved this is not the case.

Nearly 300 men marched in the freezing rain and snow in Chicago's Chatham neighborhood on Saturday to demand an end to violence in their community. Joined by Alderman Michelle Harris and Illinois state Reps. Marcus Evans and Elgie Sims, all Democrats, the fraternity marched down 79th Street, where community members say a gang war is raging.

http://www.huffingto...4b0879a5b0be458

Agreed. This is the type of protests or marches the main stream media needs to be reporting. But they would rather report on the black on blue protests, which only promotes more violence and criminal activity by the protesters. I understand the outrage in Chicago with the protests over the officer shooting the 17 year old young man. Apparently, this officer was the bad apple. But, if these protesters would put as much effort into trying to curb black on black violence which is much more rampant than blue on black violence, maybe they could get through to the black youths and gangs.

Chicago actually has these type of marches often. They just don't get covered outside of Chicago.

There is not just "a" bad apple in CPD. There are groups of them. Those groups do as much to aid (endorse and profit off the gangs) and break down trust between the community and the police in those neighborhoods as the gangs do.

Chicago actually has these type of marches often. They just don't get covered outside of Chicago.

There is not just "a" bad apple in CPD. There are groups of them. Those groups do as much to aid (endorse and profit off the gangs) and break down trust between the community and the police in those neighborhoods as the gangs do.

I'm pretty sure I read on here that there was a veterans group that came together to walk the streets of Chicago during school in response to the rising numbers of violence in the streets.

Corruption is endemic in Chicago America. It goes across all agencies. The police are not exempt from it.

Fixed that for you.

It didn't need fixing. Incompetence may be a big problem but corruption isn't.

Corruption is endemic in Chicago America. It goes across all agencies. The police are not exempt from it.

Fixed that for you.

Ya, cause the rest of America all plays by the rules lol.

Fixed that for you.

no not all but you lumped in all law enforcement in with the corruption which is dishonest as there are many communities where the police go by the book and do weed out the bad seeds.

Fixed that for you.

no not all but you lumped in all law enforcement in with the corruption which is dishonest as there are many communities where the police go by the book and do weed out the bad seeds.

There is not just "a" bad apple in CPD. There are groups of them

No I identified that there are pockets of them in the CPD, which was referred to by the UCI individuals in the other articles about Van Dyke "he runs with a huddle of officers".

"We don't have all of Van Dyke's complaints but the complaints of, the misconduct complaints from Van Dyke that we do have in our data tool show by and large excessive force and racial slurs. And he has largely operated with impunity and under a code of silence with the same huddle of officers again and again," said Alison Flowers, U of C Invisible Institute.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/at-least-18-complaints-filed-against-cpd-officer-now-charged-with-murder-/1098265/

Those groups do as much to aid (endorse and profit off the gangs) and break down trust between the community and the police in those neighborhoods as the gangs do.

I then point out that those groups within the CPD break down the trust between the the department as a whole and the community in those gang controlled neighborhoods.

Your statement is dishonest.

My statement that corruption is endemic to the Unites States is just as accurate as the statement that it is endemic to Chicago.

I do like how I get the lecture from you on being dishonest with lumping all individuals together in response to an individual doing the same thing lol.

Archived