Current Active Shooter in Colorado Springs

Texan4Auburn

Unknown number of casualties, several officers wounded. Shooters is making a stand in the Planned Parenthood building and situation is contained there. Using a long gun and took several other items into the building that are suspect and possibly improvised devices. They are not in voice contact with the individual as of 4:11 mnt time.

Choose whichever news source you wish.

Apparently there are still others inside the building that the police are trying to get out.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CU21gseUwAA43ea.png

Wow! That's almost 1/10 as many people as drown in an average year. 1/10. Shall we close all swimming pools, public and private?

"From 2005-2009, there were an average of 3,533 fatal unintentional drownings (non-boating related) annually in the United States. " http://www.cdc.gov/H...-factsheet.html

Good, good. Close your eyes and deny the data. Shove another turkey leg in your mouth.

55.png

Wait, it's 42 mass shootings? I thought it was 350?

Different criteria between the graphs.

American terrorism. Not much outrage from the folks that generally weigh in so strongly.

Yeah genius, because there is no organized global threat or crusade. These are local , isolated and completely unrelated acts. Unlike militant Islam.

Seriously, what is the mental defect with you and others like you who want to whitewash what happens under the name of Allah, but then amp up magnify rare instances like this?

American terrorism. Not much outrage from the folks that generally weigh in so strongly.

Yeah genius, because there is no organized global threat or crusade. These are local , isolated and completely unrelated acts. Unlike militant Islam.

Seriously, what is the mental defect with you and others like you who want to whitewash what happens under the name of Allah, but then amp up magnify rare instances like this?

I haven't whitewashed anything. Please take your meds.

see post #3

see post #3

And you continue to not get it.

351 shootings, 351 different stories. 351 different motives.

Unlike violent jihad, whether it's JV team, al-Qaeda, Boko Harem, Hezbollah, Hamas, Abu Sayyaf... they're all killin' for allah.

see post #3

Which says 351, post #5 says 42. "Different criteria"? By a factor of roughly 8? You should have picked your chart and stuck with it. Even accepting the (doubtful) number of 351, that's not very many individual whackos in a nation of millions.

see post #3

And you continue to not get it.

351 shootings, 351 different stories. 351 different motives.

Unlike violent jihad, whether it's JV team, al-Qaeda, Boko Harem, Hezbollah, Hamas, Abu Sayyaf... they're all killin' for allah.

You said this was a rare instance. It's not so now you go on you raptor rant. I bet this guy was killing for his god too...

IMG_20151128_083554.jpg

see post #3

Which says 351, post #5 says 42. "Different criteria"? By a factor of roughly 8? You should have picked your chart and stuck with it. Even accepting the (doubtful) number of 351, that's not very many individual whackos in a nation of millions.

Mass shootings in the US are on the rise. Period.

shootingsSince2011-mfms11.png

]You said this was a rare instance. It's not so now you go on you raptor rant. I bet this guy was killing for his god too...

Yes, it's extremely rare, if you want to only include those who shoot / blow up abortion clinics, as a means of stopping the snuffing out of innocent life. All those other drive - bys and random school / work place shootings ? Have ZERO connection to what his psycho did. We don't even know his motives, as of yet, and still you want to rush in and lump him in w/ the rest on your list.

Ft Hood wasn't " work place violence ", despite what your dear leader might want to claim. Major Hasan killed for Mohammed. Just like his JV team buddies.

]You said this was a rare instance. It's not so now you go on you raptor rant. I bet this guy was killing for his god too...

Yes, it's extremely rare, if you want to only include those who shoot / blow up abortion clinics, as a means of stopping the snuffing out of innocent life. All those other drive - bys and random school / work place shootings ? Have ZERO connection to what his psycho did. We don't even know his motives, as of yet, and still you want to rush in and lump him in w/ the rest on your list.

Ft Hood wasn't " work place violence ", despite what your dear leader might want to claim. Major Hasan killed for Mohammed. Just like his JV team buddies.

Nice rant...

I bet he was an avid watcher of MSNBC also...

Nice rant...

Translation - " I have nothing to counter, so I'll just call valid points a " rant " and then toss in some nonsensical side comment about what news channel this guy watched. "

Nice rant...

Translation - " I have nothing to counter, so I'll just call valid points a " rant " and then toss in some nonsensical side comment about what news channel this guy watched. "

I've learned not to counter your rants because you'll just pick up the goal post and move it.

My point is simply mass shootings in the US are on the rise. That's the terrorism threat we face. That's terrorism in America.

My point is simply mass shootings in the US are on the rise. That's the terrorism threat we face. That's terrorism in America.

It's not. There is no unifying , organized force at work here. It's terrifying, but it does not fit the definition of what is " terrorism".

Terrorism

NOUN

• the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims
    As I stated before, there is no connection between all of these incidents.

There is no one standard definition of terrorism.

FBI

Terrorism is the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

Sounds like the Colorado planned parenthood shooter to me.

... in furtherance of political or social objectives.

That right there debunks your claim that the hundreds of shooting incidents have any connection to each other, thus making them anywhere on par w/ militant Islamic terrorism.

The lone act by 1 unaffiliated shooter, whose motives are yet to be determined , should not be confused w/ the broader fight against " terrorism " as it's been reported.

FBI

Terrorism is the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

If you want to take any definition of terrorism then you cannot equate the charts you put up as terrorist acts as a lot of them were crime related.

FBI

If you want to take any definition of terrorism then you cannot equate the charts you put up as terrorist acts as a lot of them were crime related.

Terrorism is a crime.

Archived