Memphis's Fuente to replace Beamer at VT

RunInRed

"Source" said, waiting on VaTech to say.....

"I turned down 12 other opportunities" ...

Justin Fuente had said in recent weeks that he turned down interest from schools before, but Virginia Tech was one he couldn’t pass up.

I turned down 12 other opportunities. You know what I mean?” Fuente told Local 24 in Memphis. "Every other one called, I turned down — not that they offered the job — but to talk.”

Fuente was always open and honest that he would look at opportunities and make the best decision. Virginia Tech was the one that made the difference.

There were a lot of opportunities that came across our desk. We didn’t mess with any of them except for this one,” he said. “We asked a lot of questions and did what I said we’d do all along, and that’s take in all the information, sit down and try to make the best decision possible. Whatever decision we made, we’d wake up every morning and make it work.

http://coachingsearc...except-this-one

43f782e3f6070594c351995533cc56d3.jpg

Beamer built a solid program up there. Will be interesting to see who actually stays on staff there and who leaves. You would imagine Fuente would want to be able to be his own man there as HC. Too many Beamer fellas still there would make that hard to me.

Beamer built a solid program up there. Will be interesting to see who actually stays on staff there and who leaves. You would imagine Fuente would want to be able to be his own man there as HC. Too many Beamer fellas still there would make that hard to me.

Hard to see him keeping Leoffler who is the anti-Fuentes when it comes to offensive strategy.

Archived