Anyone else feel like this?

Dual-Threat Rigby

It JUST came across my mind that there was actually another game on the schedule. This might be the biggest epitome of an embarrassing season that you want to end in the history of Auburn football. Probably would've felt better if we never actually had a chance to win than to be playing in the fourth quarter.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2012 wasn't the epitome of an embarrassing season? This season was a disappointment to be sure, but they were still playing hard at the end...

Yeah 2012 sucked

True but I just took a look at the 2012 stats and they were not that much different than this year.....averaged 305 yards per game on offense and 400 on defense. Like this year IMO, we were a QB away from a decent offense. Take a look at that 2012 roster....a bunch of young players but boy I would love to have those guys back here again.

Dang dude, you should just be happy we didn't get completely run out of our own stadium. Tough loss for sure, but worst season ever? Nah...2012 was excruciatingly painful because the team had given up around mid season. This team gave it their all in every game. I can't be mad at that, we are just missing some key pieces to being a great team. On to next year. Have a beer...it helps.WDE

No we need an upgrade at wr. On defense we need some linebackers and Cass has been playing awesome we'll need somebody to replace him as well. We need help on online as well or just need them to improve

2012 wasn't expected to be anything special. no one except optimistic fams saw that being a real good season. We were top 6 this year with two Heisman candidates on this offense and an elite defensive coordinator. While Will still did his with Lawson in, this offense was a complete collapse and couldn't have been less surprising. How do you go from two spots from the playoffs to a barely bowl eligible team?

any holding call on Lawson would have been huge in this game, but the SEC needs Bama to get into the playoff, way too much money involved

Yep!

We just need a stud quarterback with an attitude. That's really all we lack right now.

Well I do think that stud QB would appreciate a couple reliable wide receivers too....but otherwise, I agree with you. Lots of good guys coming back next season....

Oline did a damn fine job against that front.

They owned bammer until 2nd half when we got into obvious passing downs and those couple series we got pass happy.

No we need an upgrade at wr. On defense we need some linebackers and Cass has been playing awesome we'll need somebody to replace him as well. We need help on online as well or just need them to improve

we don't have a wr that would be in two deep at most sec teams. Mckizy disrupts qbs but does not finish the play. Hell Lawson too.

Impotent offense tonight .

Dang dude, you should just be happy we didn't get completely run out of our own stadium. Tough loss for sure, but worst season ever? Nah...2012 was excruciatingly painful because the team had given up around mid season. This team gave it their all in every game. I can't be mad at that, we are just missing some key pieces to being a great team. On to next year. Have a beer...it helps.WDE

I didn't say worst

I said most embarrassing

being an unranked team that was coming off a nothing season and ending as a nothing isn't as bad as coming off a less nothing season, being extremely talented and top 6, and ending as a nothing.

Oline played well against that front of nfl first rounders. Nick Marshall would have tore it up tonight.

2012 wasn't expected to be anything special. no one except optimistic fams saw that being a real good season. We were top 6 this year with two Heisman candidates on this offense and an elite defensive coordinator. While Will still did his with Lawson in, this offense was a complete collapse and couldn't have been less surprising. How do you go from two spots from the playoffs to a barely bowl eligible team?

The two things that both seasons had is common was inadequate QB play and the fact that more than 25 players graduated from the previous year's team. 2012 had some of AU's better players in a long time.....but unfortunately most were freshmen or sophs.

This team played with some heart. This years' team could have done more, but didn't ... And that is disappointing ... But they did not quit. I always want my teams to fight. Talent and execution have nothing to do with effort and attitude.

Regroup and fight again next year.

Archived