Malzahn's Postgame Presser - Iron Bowl

RunInRed

Summary of 12 pressers: We gotta get better and we will.

^This :thumbsup::yes:

His coach speak is worse than Chizik's. Makes me cringe.

Well at least his record is better, I think, so far ...

Summary of 12 pressers: We gotta get better and we will.

^This :thumbsup:/> :yes:/>

When he gets fired he'll say, "we just didn't get better"

He should be ashamed at our QB and O Coodinator play. He is a millionaire, what does he care of that embarrassing loss!

Who would you have preferred at QB today? Obviously the staff didn't anticipate the JJ melt down. They can't control mental blocks. It sucks, but there weren't a whole lot of other options to go with.

Have to respect that he refuses to throw players under the bus. It would be easy to forget what's important in these situations and go in to cya mode. I don't agree with all his decisions as a HC, but I do respect the person he is.

Have to respect that he refuses to throw players under the bus. It would be easy to forget what's important in these situations and go in to cya mode. I don't agree with all his decisions as a HC, but I do respect the person he is.

Only an idiot would throw players under the bus. SMH

Just did the math though I'm a little cross eyed at the moment. Chiz vs Gus in the first three years of SEC play is:

Chiz : 15- 9

Gus: 13-11

Just did the math though I'm a little cross eyed at the moment. Chiz vs Gus in the first three years of SEC play is:

Chiz : 15- 9

Gus: 13-11

Well, Chizik did have Gus ...

Only an idiot would throw players under the bus. SMH

Saban does it regularly. So do many others. But go ahead and get an attitude about Gus not being idiot if that makes you feel better. SMH at you syh over something so noncontroversial. I guess some just have to create a fight where there isn't one to make themselves feel better.

He should be ashamed at our QB and O Coodinator play. He is a millionaire, what does he care of that embarrassing loss!

Who would you have preferred at QB today? Obviously the staff didn't anticipate the JJ melt down. They can't control mental blocks. It sucks, but there weren't a whole lot of other options to go with.

The staff recruited, developed, and evaluated the Quarterback position. The staff should definitely be blamed. Good football coaches recruit to run a particular scheme and adjust accordingly when there may be some challenges. Gus was unable to do this.

The staff recruited, developed, and evaluated the Quarterback position. The staff should definitely be blamed. Good football coaches recruit to run a particular scheme and adjust accordingly when there may be some challenges. Gus was unable to do this.

Starting qb folds under pressure. Happens to multiple qbs a year and those coaches apparently don't see it coming either.

Backup qb was averaging over 250 yards a game in his last 3 starts before getting injured (properly developed and evaluated)

3rd string qb required surgery a week or two after the season started.

So your beef is with one single qb not panning out. Weak argument.

Look at Ohio State. Sure they won last year with 3 qbs. The 2cnd and 3rd string QBs last year started this year and had to benched for the qb that had moved to WR. I suppose Urban should be blamed for two of those 3 not working out this year?

Starting qb folds under pressure. Happens to multiple qbs a year and those coaches apparently don't see it coming either.

Backup qb was averaging over 250 yards a game in his last 3 starts before getting injured (properly developed and evaluated)

Look at Ohio State. Sure they won last year with 3 qbs. The 2cnd and 3rd string QBs last year started this year and had to benched for the qb that had moved to WR. I suppose Urban should be blamed for two of those 3 not working out this year?

First, I'm not blaming the players, I'm blaming the staff. Urban went 10-1 this season with QB challenges soo I'm not sure what your point is? I think you just made my point that Gus wasn't a good coach this year.

First, I'm not blaming the players, I'm blaming the staff. Urban went 10-1 this season with QB challenges soo I'm not sure what your point is? I think you just made my point that Gus wasn't a good coach this year.

The guys is a little slow. Give him a break. He doesn't even know that both of the QBs will get drafted. J.T. was just the better fit for the offense.

Archived