Countess

AUGoo

When Blake decided that we were the guys to go to, I thought that we were getting some all world leadership and experience. I was under the impression that the guy was all-B1G and thought to be NFL caliber talent. I was disappointed to see him beaten quite a number of times this season with a penalties that did not help our D. Throw in the dropped INT yesterday....

Do you think he regrets coming to AU? Why didn't he go pro? Were my expectations too high? Is being all-B1G not that great an honor on D?

When Blake decided that we were the guys to go to, I thought that we were getting some all world leadership and experience. I was under the impression that the guy was all-B1G and thought to be NFL caliber talent. I was disappointed to see him beaten quite a number of times this season with a penalties that did not help our D. Throw in the dropped INT yesterday....

Do you think he regrets coming to AU? Why didn't he go pro? Were my expectations too high? Is being all-B1G not that great an honor on D?

Go do a little research. Find out what position he played in the big 10. Then look at his play this season.

Then come back and post.

Go do a little research. Find out what position he played in the big 10. Then look at his play this season.

Then come back and post.

Why would he transfer to a place that did not play to his strengths?

Then come back and post.

he was our most dependable db. I wonder if some posters even watch the games.

Then come back and post.

he was our most dependable db. I wonder if some posters even watch the games.

Amen. I thought he played excellent yesterday

He played well for us this year. His hands are hooks though.

He is a very solid safety. His drop yesterday was one of the 4 plays we did not execute on that sealed our fate.

Countess played well for us all year. He helped solidify the secondary for us. There were plenty to be disappointed with on the D, none really came from the secondary, IMO.

Countess played well for us all year. He helped solidify the secondary for us. There were plenty to be disappointed with on the D, none really came from the secondary, IMO.

+1, secondary was our defensive strength. We had like no pass rush and they still did well.

I thought Countess was solid all year. Dropped 2 pick-6 for sure (one against KY too). I keep waiting for a game-changer on the back end (Landon Collins, Tony Conner two recent examples). Thought Tray Matthews was that guy but hasn't worked out so far (injuries).

I thought Countess was solid all year. Dropped 2 pick-6 for sure (one against KY too). I keep waiting for a game-changer on the back end (Landon Collins, Tony Conner two recent examples). Thought Tray Matthews was that guy but hasn't worked out so far (injuries).

Carlton Davis has the potential to be that game changing DB. Easily the best defensive freshman we had this year.

Carlton Davis has the potential to be that game changing DB. Easily the best defensive freshman we had this year.

Agree with this. He's a baller.

Countess played all over the defensive backfield and I think, gave good leadership. None of those guys play perfect and they are always out there by themselves where any mistake is amplified and visible to the world. His job this season seemed to be:...make a play when the other guys get lost, take the wrong man or just get caught standing still when the receiver goes by.

I expect he came to AU because he thought he would be joining a team that had a chance to make the playoffs.....but little did he know there would be an offensive meltdown and he was joining a team that could not score enough points to win even when the defense played well.

We will find out how good he was this year when he is gone next year and we have nobody to replace him with same versatility. Davis can be a leader but who else?

Don't know what games you were watching. Countess played well. I'm glad he came here. He may be having second thoughts as I'm pretty sure he didn't think he was going to a 6-6 team.

Solid is not the super human game changer I was expecting.

Thought Ford was solid.

i dont know where or how the hell you expected that. he was not a full time starter at Michigan.

+1, secondary was our defensive strength. We had like no pass rush and they still did well.

+2, Blake was a great addition to our defense this year Secondary played very good pass coverage with limited help from pass rush and also came up and supported well on the run. Ford was our leading tackler. In our defense LB's should be leading tacklers.

Solid is not the super human game changer I was expecting.

Thought Ford was solid.

i dont know where or how the hell you expected that. he was not a full time starter at Michigan.

That, and Harbaugh would've never released him from his scholarship...

Why in the h*ll is the OP calling out one of our players like this? That kid does not deserve to have a thread about how disappointed someone is in his performance on the field. Good Grief too many of you have lost all perspective.

Sorry that you read it that way Belle.

Just asking about the guy and the build up he was given when he came.

He obviously busted his ass and gave his best.

What I know about the in's and out's of football I have learned from here and wondered mostly about the hype and did he live up to it.

Archived