Richt Fired

PigskinPat

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...stupidity reigns in Georgia....hate it for MR but AU should benefit from this...recruits plus we get rid of a coach who has had our number for quite a while.

Hope we are calling their recruits right now.

Opens the door for a potential Rocker return of Garner is fired.

Garner will not be fired. It looks like Grimes may retire and Garner will take over the O Line which opens the door for a D line coach, it may be Rocker.

Garner will not be fired. It looks like Grimes may retire and Garner will take over the O Line which opens the door for a D line coach, it may be Rocker.

You're probably right. I should've worded it differently.

I thought LSU admins were stupid. At least they came to their senses. I don't know what UGA admins are thinking. The only difference is the majority of LSU fans wanted Miles to stay. I don't know if it is a majority but there are many UGA fans who wanted Richt gone. Idiots. They will not get anybody near as good as Richt after this. Smart will probably be the front runner but would UGA hire an unproven head coach? I don't think so.

I thought LSU admins were stupid. At least they came to their senses. I don't know what UGA admins are thinking. The only difference is the majority of LSU fans wanted Miles to stay. I don't know if it is a majority but there are many UGA fans who wanted Richt gone. Idiots. They will not get anybody near as good as Richt after this. Smart will probably be the front runner but would UGA hire an unproven head coach? I don't think so.

Why not? They did with Richt.

Richt has had a very nice run at UGA. Pretty certain they beat us more than we beat them while he was there. I hope we may pull Rocker from this. That may help our DT scenario.

Richt has had a very nice run at UGA. Pretty certain they beat us more than we beat them while he was there. I hope we may pull Rocker from this. That may help our DT scenario.

Richt owned us while he was there. Glad he's moving on.

Would love this

Richt owned us while he was there. Glad he's moving on.

Yep....I've been a member of the "fire Richt" club for a couple years.....well, a member in spirit at least. Wonder if Bobo is available?

Bet that changes things with Kirby Smart.

I don't see them firing Richt only to turn around and hand the keys to a coordinator who has never been a head coach anywhere at any level.

Hard to believe that a school would fire a guy with his record unless they had a pretty much guaranteed back-up plan to replace him with someone who fans would see as a "step up". I just can't see Smart being that person......but stranger things have happened.

Garner taking over the O-line? Is that really a possibility?

Garner taking over the O-line? Is that really a possibility?

That's the speculation from some.

Wow, a bit surprised by this. But, when I lived in GA, the fans were constantly saying they wanted him gone.

Archived