Softball Signees

If you go to the softball section of the Auburn Athletics site and click the Facebook link, there are photos and bios of the 8 signees for next year. Interesting that we signed another from Tuscaloosa after getting Bree Fornis from there last year. Hard to believe that the season starts in mid-February.

I don't mean this to be taken as a negative, but our softball squad is very sporty on the eyes and in the field.

War Eagle! The momentum this program has his amazing (and is still getting better and better! The stadium will have 900 more seats added this upcoming spring. War Damn Softball!

I believe we will be competing in the NCAA's for a long time coming we have a great team and we keep adding to it.

I'm a little lost here (not unusual). These players have one more year of high school ball left and will enroll at Auburn fall of '16. Their first season to play as Tigers will be 2017 correct?

I'm a little lost here (not unusual). These players have one more year of high school ball left and will enroll at Auburn fall of '16. Their first season to play as Tigers will be 2017 correct?

Yes............. old fart

Look forward to seeing these ladies next October when they play the fall schedule. This year it was free admission and good seats available. Justus Perry has my interest. She and her dad have traveled all the way from Minnesota to play for the Birmingham Thunderbolts.

• 1 month later...

Some interesting stuff about Justus Perry one of our 2016 signees. She has written a number of blogs on a site Flosoftball which apparently follows top softball players across the country. She was initially recruited by Myers to Arizona State and now to AU. She played for the Birmingham Bolts club team and she and her dad made many flights to B'ham. In order to support her, her parents have moved from Minnesota to Auburn. Justus will play with Ashlee Swindle another 2016 signee at Curry HS in Jasper this season. One of her blogs talks how impressed she was with the coaches and the relationships she has developed with them. She gave a lot of credit to Cory Myers in contributing to her development. She also had a good blog expressing her respect for her parents and their support. She plays infield and I suspect will get a look at 1st base.

Archived