Players leaving

bmartin3228

I know about the guys that could potentially leave early for the draft . However , I remember some talk about Cowart wanting to transfer and some other guys wanting to leave .(or not being happy) It was talked about mid way through the season . I apologize for not using the topic search and starting a new thread . Was wondering if WDE or someone knows if things have changed.

On another note, awesome to see the guys fight last night . Alabama rarely gets stopped on the goaline line like we stopped them last night .

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowart is probably staying. If I had to bet money, I would think either Roc leaves or Jovon goes to the draft. And because Roc's high school coach now coaches at JSU, I could possibly see him going there. I have no inside knowledge just a hunch.

I could see Montravious and Avery leaving for the draft while Coleman and Lawson come back.

And I am thinking JJ6 will be transferring some where as well.

I have no inside info but I'm thinking both Coleman and Lawson will be leaving. Of all the many times I have been wrong I, for once, hope this is another in a long list of times I have been wrong.

Remember how bad December 2011 was? How it pretty much foretold what was coming? Yeah, that's how I feel about the possibilities of the next month.

I have no inside info but I'm thinking both Coleman and Lawson will be leaving. Of all the many times I have been wrong I, for once, hope this is another in a long list of times I have been wrong.

Coleman, yes. Not sure about Lawson. I would imagine Adams is gone as well.

Remember how bad December 2011 was? How it pretty much foretold what was coming? Yeah, that's how I feel about the possibilities of the next month.

Just a question, but if AUwent, where'd it go? Judging by your bright sunny optimism I'm guessing down its own leg :dunno:

I feel quitr the opposite from you. Also, surely you don't think the D will be anywhere near as bad as 2012 next year do you? And do you really believe SW and TQ and Franklin and woody are all as bad as Frazier? Cmon man.

Just a question, but if AUwent, where'd it go? Judging by your bright sunny optimism I'm guessing down its own leg :dunno:/>

I feel quitr the opposite from you. Also, surely you don't think the D will be anywhere near as bad as 2012 next year do you? And do you really believe SW and TQ and Franklin and woody are all as bad as Frazier? Cmon man.

Sorry dude. I overreacted a bit. I just see patterns, like, pretty much all the time. Often when there aren't. I will freely admit that.

Just a question, but if AUwent, where'd it go? Judging by your bright sunny optimism I'm guessing down its own leg :dunno:/>

Sorry dude. I overreacted a bit. I just see patterns, like, pretty much all the time. Often when there aren't. I will freely admit that.

Sure thing, but where did AU go? I was just kidding about the down the leg thing.

Without producing much Lawson is still seen as high as 2nd or 3rd round.

Staying another year would mean chancing staying healthy all year and having a good year to improve to 1st round.

Cowart is probably staying. If I had to bet money, I would think either Roc leaves or Jovon goes to the draft. And because Roc's high school coach now coaches at JSU, I could possibly see him going there. I have no inside knowledge just a hunch.

I could see Montravious and Avery leaving for the draft while Coleman and Lawson come back.

Ryan Black said yesterday that JSU would be the most logical landing spot for Roc. Hate to see a guy that talented used as little as he's been used.

On JJ, a lot of people are saying that Bmatt posted something about JJ transferring yesterday and then almost immediately deleted it.

Ryan Black said yesterday that JSU would be the most logical landing spot for Roc. Hate to see a guy that talented used as little as he's been used.

On JJ, a lot of people are saying that Bmatt posted something about JJ transferring yesterday and then almost immediately deleted it.

I reckon Ryan and I are thinking alike. I remember that Roc took an OV there for his coach during his senior year and JSU is really close to his hometown, Oxford. And you are right, a 5 star bust even though his talents have been everything we imagined them to be when he arrived at Auburn.

I reckon Ryan and I are thinking alike. I remember that Roc took an OV there for his coach during his senior year and JSU is really close to his hometown, Oxford. And you are right, a 5 star bust even though his talents have been everything we imagined them to be when he arrived at Auburn.

Between Roc and KJ I was hoping they would be utilized more in the passing game with no TE threat and inconsistent WR's. To me he was too talented to keep on the sideline with an offense that desperately needed sparks all season

Maybe the coaches know Cowart is leaving and that's why we are loading up on Defensive Ends this year.

Why in the world would Cowart leave? Why would he even consider leaving? He was the cherry on top of our recruiting class, he was a HUGE get for our coaches. He's a truefrosh that got a lot of PT this year.

We there might be some nfl players on this team but there were not many nfl plays made on either side of the ball. All could come back imo. And that includes Lawson, he got pressure and whiffed too many times. That needs to be cleaned up.

I for one don't think Cowart will transfer. Back when he made that tweet, I honestly think he was just voicing frustrations about Garner riding his backside at practices. Don't forget, even Bo Jackson was unhappy at times his Freshman year, even sitting at the bus station, bags packed and ready to go home. He didnt, but did run some stadium steps.

Cowart's not going anywhere. I would be shocked if Avery Young and potentially Shon Coleman didn't enter the Draft. I think (hope) Monty Adams sticks around for one more year and develops his talents. Doubtful Jeremy Johnson is around next year.

Note this article on JJ6 ... we'll see ...

Despite the rocky 2015 season, Carver Montgomery High School coach Billy Gresham doesn’t expect his former quarterback to seek a quick exit from the program.

The two talked after the game Saturday and as of now Gresham believes Johnson will go into the New Year an Auburn Tiger.

“He’s willing to fight,” Gresham said. “He wants to see how it plays out in the spring and go from there. “

“He’s invested so much of his time into Auburn,” Gresham said. “He waited a long time for his opportunity while other guys might have transferred. He loves his coaches and loves his teammates.”

Johnson will also earn his degree at the school in May.

“He’s an Auburn guy,” Gresham said. “He’s going to get that degree and that’s something he and his family are really proud of.”

“He feels it’s still his job going into the offseason, but he has to gain their trust and I think he knows it’s going to take all the way until that first game (next year),” Gresham said. “It won’t be an overnight turnaround.”

“He has a bright spirit,” Gresham said. “He’s not mad or upset. He understands he needs to play better. He’s going to go reflect on what happened, going to evaluate himself, see where he needs to get better and be a better leader.”

http://www.ledger-en...le47120735.html

Note this article on JJ6 ... we'll see ...

Despite the rocky 2015 season, Carver Montgomery High School coach Billy Gresham doesn’t expect his former quarterback to seek a quick exit from the program.

The two talked after the game Saturday and as of now Gresham believes Johnson will go into the New Year an Auburn Tiger.

“He’s willing to fight,” Gresham said. “He wants to see how it plays out in the spring and go from there. “

“He’s invested so much of his time into Auburn,” Gresham said. “He waited a long time for his opportunity while other guys might have transferred. He loves his coaches and loves his teammates.”

Johnson will also earn his degree at the school in May.

“He’s an Auburn guy,” Gresham said. “He’s going to get that degree and that’s something he and his family are really proud of.”

“He feels it’s still his job going into the offseason, but he has to gain their trust and I think he knows it’s going to take all the way until that first game (next year),” Gresham said. “It won’t be an overnight turnaround.”

“He has a bright spirit,” Gresham said. “He’s not mad or upset. He understands he needs to play better. He’s going to go reflect on what happened, going to evaluate himself, see where he needs to get better and be a better leader.”

http://www.ledger-en...le47120735.html

great attitude to have.

Jason Campbell had a rough 2003 before turning it around in 2004. Not saying that's going to happen but maybe things will slow down this offseason for him.

I don't know who will leave but we have some talent even worse case. Dontavious Russell really showed some Talent at DT as year went on so did Devaroe Lawrence If Monty leaves it will hurt but we other players have gotten better and will be second season in same Defense. CL will hurt big time but we have some players who I think can help us there returning or new players. Cowart won't leave as he would have to sit out a year or go to a small school with no exposure.

I would love JJ to stay and graduate and ideally turn it around he is a class act and a real Auburn man but if he doesn't based on this year losing him won't hurt that much. Roc would hurt I think he has a future Jovon would hurt more. We need another very good RB in the freshmen class. O-Line is what scares me most Losing Coleman and Young means we have to replace 2 starters on O-line we have talent to replace them the 5* from Texas and a bumper crop of Redshirt Freshmen but it takes time even with good players to gel into a unit especially with Clemson being our first game.

The difference between Campbell and Johnson is Campbell had a lot more playing experience before his senior year, and was redshirted. Johnson has very little experience going into next year. That was the one thing I was worried about when white took over. He was losing a lot of valuable playing time if white didn't pan out.

The difference between Campbell and Johnson is Campbell had a lot more playing experience before his senior year, and was redshirted. Johnson has very little experience going into next year. That was the one thing I was worried about when white took over. He was losing a lot of valuable playing time if white didn't pan out.

Campbell was a talented and naturally poised qb he just needed an offensive system to produce. Jj is talented but not instinctive at all. I think he is lights out with a practice, no contact jersey. He is just not a play maker. I hate it because he is a superb human being. I doubt any amount of experience would help. He actually had two starts and extensive pt in a couple other games. He wasn't totally green to begin the season.

Campbell was a talented and naturally poised qb he just needed an offensive system to produce. Jj is talented but not instinctive at all. I think he is lights out with a practice, no contact jersey. He is just not a play maker. I hate it because he is a superb human being. I doubt any amount of experience would help. He actually had two starts and extensive pt in a couple other games. He wasn't totally green to begin the season.

And he was far, far worse than Jason Campbell ever was. I'm sorry to pile on, I guess I'm just defending JC more than anything.

Archived