Updykes in the Student Section?

AUFlyer99

I was there, and yes there were a lot of Alabama fans in the Student Section. It's not really that surprising considering the amount of money that those tickets were going for vs what we pay for them that students often sell their tickets, but it was very frustrating having little pockets of crimson in what was supposed to be a sea of orange and blue, especially considering that the Athletic Department once again oversold tickets, meaning there were Auburn students in the Student Section who couldn't find seats because a 40 year old Bama fan had bought a Graduate Student's ticket (who had never actually planned on going to the games, but had just planned on making a quick buck) was sitting there yelling "SCAM NEWTON" at everyone.

Can't really be mad at the updykes for buying tickets from Auburn students. It's our own fault. Students should be prohibited from selling their tickets to Bama. Just saying.

How did they get in with a student ticket? Back in my day, it was easy as long as you knew another student. You could buy a regular ticket, go over to the student section, have your student buddy go in grab his/her buddy's student id and bring it out to you and you just had to flash it to the security guard at the section to get in. Do they not patrol the student section anymore? I know you can't get in the student only gate.

Can't be mad at uat, they wanted a ticket and they were plentiful. If our students and more importantly our season ticket holders want to sell to our most hated rival then that's an Auburn problem.

I agree. Our Student Section should be for Auburn student's ONLY. STOP selling your tickets to those damn (tree killing) Updykes or to any other Bammer freak.

How did they get in with a student ticket? Back in my day, it was easy as long as you knew another student. You could buy a regular ticket, go over to the student section, have your student buddy go in grab his/her buddy's student id and bring it out to you and you just had to flash it to the security guard at the section to get in. Do they not patrol the student section anymore? I know you can't get in the student only gate.

The way it works now-a-days is that students have an Ignited card that contains their tickets for every game. When you go through the gate, a security guard swipes your card through a scanner. It lights up green if you have a ticket, and red if you don't. It doesn't matter if you are 6 years old and a Tennessee fan or an Auburn student, if you have a card that lights the thing up green, you get in the game.

Every other sport it's a "flash it at the security guard" deal, but football actually has tickets.

The way it works now-a-days is that students have an Ignited card that contains their tickets for every game. When you go through the gate, a security guard swipes your card through a scanner. It lights up green if you have a ticket, and red if you don't. It doesn't matter if you are 6 years old and a Tennessee fan or an Auburn student, if you have a card that lights the thing up green, you get in the game.

Every other sport it's a "flash it at the security guard" deal, but football actually has tickets.

Thanks!! Was curious how it's done now.

Disappointed in those who sold their tickets to bama fans. I understand if someone is in need of money but sell to an Auburn fan!!

So the AU students had to give their Activity card to the Bammer so that the Bammer could get into the game, and they then returned it after the game? Since there are no "paper" tickets for the students and they get loaded on to the ACT card, thats the only way the uat fans could get in.

It wasn't just the student section ...

Oh, they were everywhere. And when Henry scored that last TD, they erupted in our stadium because uat covered the spread and won money. :puke:

So the AU students had to give their Activity card to the Bammer so that the Bammer could get into the game, and they then returned it after the game? Since there are no "paper" tickets for the students and they get loaded on to the ACT card, thats the only way the uat fans could get in.

This is correct. Usually, the few games I sold my ticket (never an SEC game, even in that 2012 debacle), I (others do this too) charge an extra 10 buck "security deposit" to make sure I get my card back. If it doesn't get returned, it's like 5 bucks to cancel the original and get a replacement so it's a rather low risk endeavor.

There is a simple solution and this is the way it should be. Make the Iron Bowl tickets in the student section non-transferable to anyone other than another Auburn student. No need to have bammer filth in the student section.

That would not only put an end to the students buying tickets just to make a profit but get the tickets in the hands of the students who want to see the IB in the first place.

This is a fact...it was obvious each time bama had big plays... at times it was hard to tell if it was us or them that did something good.

sun doesn't shine on the same dogs butt everyday....theirs will come...and I will be in attendance to witness.

There is a simple solution and this is the way it should be. Make the Iron Bowl tickets in the student section non-transferable to anyone other than another Auburn student. No need to have bammer filth in the student section.

That would not only put an end to the students buying tickets just to make a profit but get the tickets in the hands of the students who want to see the IB in the first place.

The point is though that the tickets aren't transferred, the card is. They can't accurately track who has what card because it would take 9000 years for the students to get in (tbh it's bad getting in as is. I was in line at 9:00 yesterday to get a decent seat.).

This is a fact...it was obvious each time bama had big plays... at times it was hard to tell if it was us or them that did something good.

sun doesn't shine on the same dogs butt everyday....theirs will come...and I will be in attendance to witness.

Very true. I couldn't watch the game but listened on the internet. It got loud when uat did anything.

The point is though that the tickets aren't transferred, the card is. They can't accurately track who has what card because it would take 9000 years for the students to get in (tbh it's bad getting in as is. I was in line at 9:00 yesterday to get a decent seat.).

You can't track the cards but you can spot Bama shirts in an Auburn student section. Guards could come over, check the bammers "tickets" and then confiscate the transferred ID card, resulting in the student buying a new ID card plus losing privileges to student tickets for a football game the following year.

I saw students selling to Bammers on Auburn Ticket Exchange. I thought about posting a long diatribe on there about not selling to Bammers, but I didn't. I'm glad this guy had the guts to put it out there and that it is getting some attention. He did it in a clever and humorous way and if there are any Bammers who can read, he probably made them mad.

You can't track the cards but you can spot Bama shirts in an Auburn student section. Guards could come over, check the bammers "tickets" and then confiscate the transferred ID card, resulting in the student buying a new ID card plus losing privileges to student tickets for a football game the following year.

There were Bama fans in that student section that are Auburn students. Like it or not, that does happen.

Nonetheless, that goes against University policy. The whole reason that students have a card with tickets separate from their Tiger Card (which has dining money, swipe access to buildings, etc on it) is so that students can sell their tickets to non-students without the fear of someone stealing the card and getting access to buildings or stealing dining dollars.

I don't like Bama fans in the student section. But there isn't anything we can do with the current system to stop it other than asking people to not sell to Bama fans.

Oh, they were everywhere. And when Henry scored that last TD, they erupted in our stadium because uat covered the spread and won money. :puke:

And so too the referees..... :angry::flame:

Archived