Thank Goodness Fot This College Pres.

Proud Tiger

I'm so glad to see a college president with some gonads. Wish there were more like him as well as in other positions of leadership. Bet you won't even see it in the MSM.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/11/30/university-president-rebukes-self-absorbed-narcissistic-students.html?intcmp=hpbt4

Its just one more example of the idiocy that goes on today. I think it also plays a role in the income equality stuff. There are companies that are begging for skilled tradesmen. Trucking companies can't find enough people to fill those slots. It's not prestigious and people look down their noses at that but you make good money and you don't end up with a mountain of debt. Marco Rubio brought this up last week and people went berserk.

"People who don't show love matter!!" Who is with me!...</sarcasm> That president did the absolute right thing....if the trend keeps going there will be nothing that can be said on a campus or the ones with the loudest voice will win...the next question that I have for these universities that are planning on creating safe places for these displaced students...will they make a safe place for those that feel unsafe by the protests of these students?

"People who don't show love matter!!" Who is with me!...</sarcasm> That president did the absolute right thing....if the trend keeps going there will be nothing that can be said on a campus or the ones with the loudest voice will win...the next question that I have for these universities that are planning on creating safe places for these displaced students...will they make a safe place for those that feel unsafe by the protests of these students?

Let's give the liberal universities the refugees. Spread the pain.

Well one of my ex-teammates from my club days did get tossed from this university for showing love to a female in the campus library. No clue why he went there when he had other offers, at the time (and probably still is) sex outside of marriage was grounds for expulsion even if it happened in Norman during holiday breaks. Couple of us went with him there for a recruiting trip. I was dating a girl that was about to go to OU at the time, so I was 120% out lol. They were 120% done with me also when I straight up asked if I would be booted for having sex with a OU cooed in Norman.

Hell even being 21 and having one glass of wine off campus was (and probably still is) grounds for discipline.

They dropped out of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities over rulings for same sex relationship employees and students.

Don't kid yourself. This school is a safe space for those with certain views and is intolerant of those that do not share that view.

Kid complaining about the sermon should of been smart enough to never go there in the first place if he did not fit in with their ideology. Just like my friend should of never gone there lol. Should of been like me and after a few hours said ya, this isn't the place for me and headed south to Norman and enjoyed the rest of the weekend.

"A chapel sermon on love left a student at Oklahoma Wesleyan University (OKWU), feeling “offended” and “victimized.”

But instead of capitulating to the offended young scholar at the evangelical Christian university of the Wesleyan Church..., "

This would have been a worthwhile article if they quoted the "offensive" parts of the sermon and explaining why the "capitulation" verbage was used.

This may have been just some healthy give and take from an outspoken student for all we actually know.

After all, it's certainly possible to say something offensive in a sermon. Like T4Auburn said, he/she should have known what to expect, but that doesn't mean they don't have the right to express themselves about it (presumably before leaving).

Archived