Muschamp a top target for South Carolina

Auburnfan91

Tweets 67-6Sa3z_normal.jpg Bruce Feldman

@BruceFeldmanCFB 9m

ICYMI -- SOURCE: #Auburn DC Will Muschamp getting consideration for #SouthCarolina coaching vacancy: jobfoxs.pt/1NYGU38 View details·

https://mobile.twitt...49244082176?p=v

Sorry if the format looks off, I always have trouble posting twitter or youtube content on here. I'm not savy enough to get the hang of it I suppose.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he goes Auburn boards will implode...

Huge opportunity for him though.

I think he can do better frankly by waiting. Build his name up again and let some time pass after the disaster at UF.

I don't think Muschamp could do that much better. Name the teams that would be better than South Carolina that Muschamp could get.

I think he can do better frankly by waiting. Build his name up again and let some time pass after the disaster at UF.

I don't think Muschamp could do that much better. Name the teams that would be better than South Carolina that Muschamp could get.

Well for starters...he would probably do better to go to another school outside of the SEC and then prove that he is a good HC then take a pick when another coaching position opens up. Going to USCe he would be hard pressed to recruit there. Also, if he couldn't get them back to 10 win seasons (like Spurrier did during his run) he would be out sooner than later and then no chance at a better job...if he went the other route made some mistakes he would survive as a HC longer and be able to get into the bigger leagues when it is his choice and not have to settle. Stoops might be out soon at UK (next year if they don't perform)...USCe has a taste of winning and they want it so it would be a really tough place to make a comeback...

Don't think WM goes anywhere this year. jmo

I'm going to need some shoulders to cry on if he goes. Thanks for volunteering.

I do not mean now. I mean in 2 or 3 years. Frankly if UGA insists on Smart, I think that will open up again within 3 years.

No disrespect to WM - but he had one of the premier jobs in the nation and did not get it done as a HC. He was a head coach and the only proof is he did not do well when given the role. There are far better former HC with far better resumes IMO....I think if he goes back it will be a non power 5 school that gives him a shot to prove he can do it second time around

If he doesn't you think the SC boards implode? It feels like they're getting trolled twice in two years by the same people concerning the same person...

CWM may not want to be a head coach again....yet. Who says that he is looking? He make A LOT of money at AU without the headaches and troubles of being the HC.

As far as the comments about Stoops being gone from UK next year, that is highly likely. Towles is transferring and the other QB is a nut case...UK will be worse than AU in 2012 after Trotter left.

I don't think Muschamp's going anywhere. Any AD considering candidates will ask himself this question: "If Muschamp couldn't win at Florida what makes anyone think he'd win here?" The answer is there is no reason to think he'd win "there" no matter where "there" is.

All they'd have to do is watch the episode at Saturday's Iron Bowl game. That's exactly why Muschamp is a fine coordinator but not head coach material.

I don't think Muschamp's going anywhere. Any AD considering candidates will ask himself this question: "If Muschamp couldn't win at Florida what makes anyone think he'd win here?" The answer is there is no reason to think he'd win "there" no matter where "there" is.

All they'd have to do is watch the episode at Saturday's Iron Bowl game. That's exactly why Muschamp is a fine coordinator but not head coach material.

Bingo...I mean he had one of the best jobs in the nation....

I will bet anything Muschamp will have multiple opportunities to become a head coach again. With so many Head Coaching jobs open, he will get calls, so will Gene Chizik.

I sure hope you are correct. There are however, allot of really stupid AD's out there. A certain couple come to mind.

Archived