It's been discussed before.....

musicitytiger

Should we seriously consider leaving the SEC? I know, there's tradition, rivalries, etc. It's fun belonging to a conference that allows us to play the best (maybe not this year but most). There's the passion the fan base has for teams in the south.

Having said all of that, what I witnessed Saturday was reminiscent of 1970's WWF wrestling officiating minus the steel chairs (barely). At that point, it's no longer a sport but a glorified exhibition. Maybe we should pull an a&m, tell bama and this corrupt institution to go eff off, while our school pulls P5 money from another conference?

I'll take that as a "no I haven't thought of that", ha ha

I have heard of jumping to the east. Which I would like that.

I am sorry but you must have got lost. This is not the BOL. You need to just step back away from the computer, you are either a bama fan or had to much to drink. I Don't have any idea what game you watched but the one I watched it was not uat that beat us but ourselves with mistakes. Again folks spend to much time listening to finebum and the other bspn joke writers. uat is not world beaters this year they are really very average. I suspect that an Iowa team would kick their rears if they make it to the playoff , much like OSU did last year. They just look the part due to the SEC being so bad this year. Look at UF playing in the championship after going to OT with a FCS team two weeks ago and getting curb stomped by FSU this week. In a true opinion poll by experts uat would not even make the final four with their history this year. What a joke OP. WDE

Well there is one conference that has a larger payout, it's own channel, and better officiating. I have no allegiance to a crooked conference that does its best to impede our school's progress in every big game.

My allegiance is to my school, the rest of this conference can well......

Eagle Eye - I was referring to officiating, not throwing in the towel on competing w/ bama. I saw the same thing, a beatable bama team who's front 7 got pushed around for at least half the game.

Off topic but I sure hope grimes stays, his lines have showed some real grit.

I've thought for years we should be in the East. Especially after Missouri and A&M joined.

Well there is one conference that has a larger payout, it's own channel, and better officiating. I have no allegiance to a crooked conference that does its best to impede our school's progress in every big game.

My allegiance is to my school, the rest of this conference can well......

We can't just pull up stakes and leave. For one thing there would be a large buyout of some sort. Second is the other sports besides football. Think of the expense and travel for basketball, baseball and all the women's sports. It ain't happening so might as well put it out of your mind.

East would be awesome. Athens, Nashville, Gainesville, Knoxville, Lexington, and Columbia are a lot better than Starkville, Baton Rouge, Fayetteville, College Station, Oxford, and Tuscalooser. Only place I'd miss is the pretty ladies of Ole Miss.

We should be in the East with bammer as our permanent cross division foe.

I wish we would spank them a few in a row, move to the east, and play them on a rotational basis. Just sick of the Gumps and the rivalry.

I don't think the SEC 100% caters to bama.

I do think we, like other conferences I've watched, caters to the favorites. Whichever team in the conference becomes the clear cut option to be our conferences NC team gets breaks. It's like that for a lot of different conferences. Everyone wants a NC in their conference.

I don't think the SEC 100% caters to bama.

I do think we, like other conferences I've watched, caters to the favorites. Whichever team in the conference becomes the clear cut option to be our conferences NC team gets breaks. It's like that for a lot of different conferences. Everyone wants a NC in their conference.

Yea....sorta like how they supported us in 2004 and 2010???? WE WERE THE ONLY OPTION in both of those years. If we were supported by the rest of the SEC, how did Cam win the National Championship and Heisman, but not SEC athlete of the year(they gave it to a tennis player from Tennessee????)?

Auburn should be in the SEC East and Missouri should be in the SEC West.

UA might fuss about the loss of an annual Tennessee game?

UA might fuss about the loss of an annual Tennessee game?

Bama definitely won't give up that rivalry. Tennesse hasn't won in years so why would they? Auburn and Tennessee could switch spots maybe and they join the west.

Auburn isn't going anywhere folks. May as well waste your brain cells on another topic because we aren't hauling ass to the East and we damn sure can't afford to leave the most profittable conference in the country.

Should we seriously consider leaving the SEC? I know, there's tradition, rivalries, etc. It's fun belonging to a conference that allows us to play the best (maybe not this year but most). There's the passion the fan base has for teams in the south.

Having said all of that, what I witnessed Saturday was reminiscent of 1970's WWF wrestling officiating minus the steel chairs (barely). At that point, it's no longer a sport but a glorified exhibition. Maybe we should pull an a&m, tell bama and this corrupt institution to go eff off, while our school pulls P5 money from another conference?

What did you witness Saturday. Are you referring to the Iron Bowl, where the best team clearly won. You sound like a bammer........

Well the OP is right about one thing, there was a 'rasslin' match going on out there and Bama's #76 was one of the main grapplers. It really was pathetic to witness.

I'm not an SEC homer either but I don't see us ever leaving the conference. We just need to get better and fight through the obvious.

There aught to be an expansion to 6 teams - eventually 8 play off wise which should provide some more breathing room besides i'm not so certain some of these other conferences haven't caught up to the sec. The big 10 next year should be ferocious. however i am a fan of making the regular season as tough and with as much on the line as possible every game and that's primarily found in the sec where we should stay.

This is the smartest thing ever thought of. We belong in the East. Our West Conference team should be bammer. We rotate the rest like what we do know. It makes so much sense to do this. We play UGA every year as we already do. I would think that the West would welcome Mizzou. This would be an overall easier team for the West to play. I miss our annual battle with UT every year. There are more scenic place for our fans to visit than the West. LSU, MSU, OM,UAT, and TAMU are not very scenic places to visit. Arky by far is the most scenic place we play on our schedule.

This is the smartest thing ever thought of. We belong in the East. Our West Conference team should be bammer. We rotate the rest like what we do know. It makes so much sense to do this. We play UGA every year as we already do. I would think that the West would welcome Mizzou. This would be an overall easier team for the West to play. I miss our annual battle with UT every year. There are more scenic place for our fans to visit than the West. LSU, MSU, OM,UAT, and TAMU are not very scenic places to visit. Arky by far is the most scenic place we play on our schedule.

Though by no means assured, we might could see Atlanta more often?

West is an ugly neighborhood of late.

Archived