UCF gets Oregon's offensive coordinator.

AU64

General conclusion is they hit a home run with him.....been the man behind one of the better offenses in college football in recent years.

http://sports.yahoo....zRfMQRzZWMDc2M-

Interesting they could get a guy from the west coast all way to Florida...must be some connection there.

I predict that UCF will be a big problem for folks in their league in a couple years.....all that athletic talent in Florida and a guy who seems to know how to run a dynamic offense.

If Frost shows some good moves in his first year or two, I guarantee Nebraska comes calling when they get tired of Mike Riley

Was thinking the same thing, Frost is a year or two away from being the head coach at Nebraska

The price these middle sized programs pay for developing good coaches.

Toledo, Bowling Green, Memphis, etc, etc.....if they get a good young coach who has some success, they can count on him being gone in 2 or 3 years. The ADs at those schools must be in a continuous evaluation mode looking for their next coach....always on the lookout for the next diamond in the rough.

Was thinking the same thing, Frost is a year or two away from being the head coach at Nebraska

Toledo, Bowling Green, Memphis, etc, etc.....if they get a good young coach who has some success, they can count on him being gone in 2 or 3 years. The ADs at those schools must be in a continuous evaluation mode looking for their next coach....always on the lookout for the next diamond in the rough.

Isn't that really true for most ADs any more? Those who don't have bigger schools snatching up their coaches have psycho fan bases who want a new coach every 2-3 years because they didn't win a national championship every other year.

Isn't that really true for most ADs any more? Those who don't have bigger schools snatching up their coaches have psycho fan bases who want a new coach every 2-3 years because they didn't win a national championship every other year.

Well........there's that also.

Problem with Frost at UCF is he has zero and I mean zero connections in Fl. with recruiting. His staff has got to have some good Fl contacts with regards to recruiting or he will get eaten alive when recruiting.

Problem with Frost at UCF is he has zero and I mean zero connections in Fl. with recruiting. His staff has got to have some good Fl contacts with regards to recruiting or he will get eaten alive when recruiting.

The good thing though is that his system does at least sell itself. UCF has had recent enough success also. So I don't think it will be too hard on him. He will just want to hire some assistants that have connections to the area.

Should be interesting....he will bring a new offensive look to the state....and might appeal to all those kids running wide open offenses in HS only to be offered shollys to schools like FSU and UF who in my view, still run old fashioned offenses.

A couple good assistants from the region and I think UCF could have some good appeal.

OOPS a bit late with my comments....

So maybe I just say.......+1

You mean the kids won't come there just be closer to you, golf?

You mean the kids won't come there just be closer to you, golf?

I send them to Auburn numnuts. CC, Woody, Calvin etc etc.................

OK Golf....just keep that pipeline flowing....

The good thing though is that his system does at least sell itself. UCF has had recent enough success also. So I don't think it will be too hard on him. He will just want to hire some assistants that have connections to the area.

True to an extent but those type assts with Fl. contacts don't grow on trees. I hope he succeeds cause UCF is a sleeping giant with huge potential and I enjoy going to see there games. I can promise you he better hire the right assts or he will not last long. Fl recruiting is cut throat to the max

Current UCF student graduating in May. Terrible year to go out o,n but it has been fun. I think this is a good hire but recruiting for UCF has been a problem for a while. Not to mention him being young means we realistically will not have him for long if he does well.

Hoping with his offense and reputation he can bring in some Florida talent. Just get those kids on campus and they will love it. Still not selling out games but the campus is beautiful.

May not want it. Tough place to win these days, but they have almost Bama-like expectations.

Archived