Obamacare in action

AFTiger

We didn't have to read it to know it was going to happen. ACA just defies economics.

The shuttered company is no longer paying its claims, leaving doctors unsure whether they will ever be paid for seeing Health Republic patients. Some doctors have turned patients away, or are bargaining directly with patients over their medical fees…

Health Republic’s collapse has forced a panicked scramble among patients and doctors in upstate New York. Local doctors have worried that Health Republic will default on bills, and at least one practice, the Llobet Medical Group, has turned away patients who have Health Republic insurance.

“This was one of the biggest disasters ever,” said David Cordner, an administrator at Llobet Medical Group, a primary care practice with offices in Margaretville and Kingston. “I don’t understand why New York didn’t see this a lot sooner. Nobody got paid. Where was the money going?”

http://hotair.com/ar...g-new-patients/

Sadly no one seems to worry about a better plan. The GOP just talks a lot.

So does Harry Reid "Nyet"

Reid is a disgusting POC. But I won't go there and derail the thread.

Got to ask because the article doesnt say it exactly, but is the $$$ shortage from the ACA or just flat out mismanagement? This sounds more like poor management to me.

Now the ACA certainly has issues and i still say the first to fix the ACA will be the next highly esteemed President.

Got to ask because the article doesnt say it exactly, but is the $$$ shortage from the ACA or just flat out mismanagement? This sounds more like poor management to me.

That was my thought on reading the article: In what way is this the fault of the ACA? Sounds more like poor, perhaps even criminal, decisions on the part of Health Republic's management. The article, to my reading, doesn't provide enough details to assign blame.

When doctors provide care to an insured patient. Payment is not guaranteed because the patient may not have ever made a payment. The patient, by law, has 90 days to make the first payment. In that case the doctor eats the cost. So doctors are naturally hesitant to accept patients from an exchange insured patient. For example, a person with a condition requiring an expensive medical procedure, can sign up for insurance, receive an insurance card, get the procedure done and never make a payment to the insurance company.

Insurance companies that are dependant on the ACA individual insurance markets are losing their a$$.

Archived