Question on responding to posts

au701948

What specific steps must I take when I want to respond to a "specific" comment in one of the forum's topics. I see other folks responding and the response they have responded to is carried directly above their comment. I have not yet learned how to get that to happen so that my comments will be more in context. Thanks for help in advance.

What specific steps must I take when I want to respond to a "specific" comment in one of the forum's topics. I see other folks responding and the response they have responded to is carried directly above their comment. I have not yet learned how to get that to happen so that my comments will be more in context. Thanks for help in advance.

In the bottom right of the comment box, there is a button that says 'quote'. Hit that, and you're in business.

I think he is referring to breaking up a quote into several in the same post and responding to different points.

In which case you would have to manually manipulate the [ quote] [ /quote](no spaces).

Takes some playing around to figure it out, so use this thread to practice.

I think he is referring to breaking up a quote into several in the same post and responding to different points.

In which case you would have to manually manipulate the [ quote] [ /quote](no spaces).

Takes some playing around to figure it out, so use this thread to practice.

That is definitely an option or just put your cursor where you want to comment and change the color of your text for that portion of your comment.

• 1 month later...

Archived