Cam Newton, MVP?

RunInRed

It would be unheard of if Cam wins MVP and his teammate, Kuechly, top defensive player. Real possibility for both.

I just read also that Don Shula is really rooting for the Panthers to win out.

Today could've sealed it.

He still did. Even though the Giants came back, it wasn't like Cam imploded. Unfortunately, CAP fumbled the ball one drive( I love him but he doesn't need to be on that field in that situation but he had to because of injury), a field goal got blocked on another, and the other was just Shula going back to his "conservative Shula" ways.

Still, Cam threw for 5 TDs and 0 interceptions, had 420 total yards, and successfully led a comeback at the end of the game.

He still did. Even though the Giants came back, it wasn't like Cam imploded. Unfortunately, CAP fumbled the ball one drive( I love him but he doesn't need to be on that field in that situation but he had to because of injury), a field goal got blocked on another, and the other was just Shula going back to his "conservative Shula" ways.

Still, Cam threw for 5 TDs and 0 interceptions, had 420 total yards, and successfully led a comeback at the end of the game.

Game was much closer than necessary.....the blocked FG turned the momentum. I hated the fumble but I'm not blaming CAP....just one of those things that can happen in the zone read......especially with two players who have not been working together much this season. CAP had a good game, a nice pass reception and some good runs....the fumble ruined a good day for him.

But 14-0 and ho ho ho

I thought he was coming out of the game up 28-7. Then i thought he should not be running qb draws. But he got down and avoided hits. As it turned out they needed every bit he produced.

I was saying I believe he sealed it today.

After the game h e had yesterday is there any doubt that Cam is the NFL MVP for the 2015 season? (I'm sure the Updykes can't dispute it, oh wait, aj mac looser won a gam en against the lowly 49ers so they will think he is the MVP and they will add another national championship)

After the game h e had yesterday is there any doubt that Cam is the NFL MVP for the 2015 season? (I'm sure the Updykes can't dispute it, oh wait, aj mac looser won a gam en against the lowly 49ers so they will think he is the MVP and they will add another national championship)

Lol

Cam was the first QB to throw five TD passes and rush for 100 in a single game in NFL history. M-V-P

..plus 300+ yards passing.

Also, only NFL player to have five consecutive seasons of 3000+ passing yards combined with 500+ rushing yards! War Cam!

Really hope to see the Panthers in the Super Bowl! A Super Bowl win + MVP would be a nice match to his National Championship and Heisman at Auburn. ...but I know: One game at a time and count no chickens.

("He'll never make it in the NFL" Bammers may plant their lips firmly on my derriere! :moon:;D )

I'd say it's likely his. If they do finish undefeated he will get it.

r

I think this is like the Heisman.....there are some anti-Cam votes out there who still can't accept they were wrong about the guy.

It's sad to see some of the TV talking heads trying to find ways to talk him down....and not willing to recognize that put any other QB in the NFL on the Panthers in place of Cam.... and that team would not even be at break-even this year.

JMO but if MVP means something along the lines of "indispensible player" ....Cam is the guy.

I'd say it's likely his. If they do finish undefeated he will get it.

r

I think this is like the Heisman.....there are some anti-Cam votes out there who still can't accept they were wrong about the guy.

It's sad to see some of the TV talking heads trying to find ways to talk him down....and not willing to recognize that put any other QB in the NFL on the Panthers in place of Cam.... and that team would not even be at break-even this year.

JMO but if MVP means something along the lines of "indispensible player" ....Cam is the guy.

I don't think it's anti Cam so much as people believing Brady should get it. The same argument can be made for him as far as indispensable goes. Either one is a legitimate possibility and whichever one wins will have earned it.

Archived