Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per Phillip Marshall, today, the improvements are on track to start at the end of the season and be ready for 2017.

Marshall is so far out of touch its not funny.

Per Phillip Marshall, today, the improvements are on track to start at the end of the season and be ready for 2017.

It's also a two year project. No way the entire project is done by the beginning of the 2017 season.

:lmao:

Marshall is so far out of touch its not funny.

Yup. I trust RIR's source on this MUCH more than PM's.

Perhaps the people who donate to AU don't consider another athletic upgrade as Auburn's most pressing financial need...count me among them. Those who disagree should sit down and write some six figure checks...JMO

Honestly....we need to get baseball on track and improve Plainsman Park or we should just can the program and start up Men's Soccer. We have the 12th best park in the conference now and in a few years it will be the worst.

Of course the program itself has helped to contribute no doubt.

Honestly....we need to get baseball on track and improve Plainsman Park or we should just can the program and start up Men's Soccer. We have the 12th best park in the conference now and in a few years it will be the worst.

Of course the program itself has helped to contribute no doubt.

It's actually a nice park for the attendance we get. No point revamping that til fan interest is up so we sell out more than the Bama series.

PP is a great little park...but the arms race in the SEC bodes little hope if we are to compete with the likes of Ole Miss, MSU, Arkansas, LSU and now the turds with their new digs. I don't know how we are going to ever be competitive long term in baseball.....been waiting for over 10 years. ;)

PP is a great little park...but the arms race in the SEC bodes little hope if we are to compete with the likes of Ole Miss, MSU, Arkansas, LSU and now the turds with their new digs. I don't know how we are going to ever be competitive long term in baseball.....been waiting for over 10 years. ;)

True but facilities have nothing to do w/ our struggles. It's a real good park for the demand we get. Revamping it would just be throwing money away right now. Bama's is new & nice but it's capacity is still only 58% of LSU's, 57% of Arky's, 51% of Ole Miss's, slightly bigger than UF's who is the #1 team in the nation, little over a third the size of Miss St., about 70% of SC's, bit smaller than TAMu's,

As the moment we are 10th in SEC capacity: ahead of, Vandy, UK, Mizzou, & UGA. Bama is mid pack @ 7th. Also remember the parking deck is free & not ticketed. When we are good those 3 levels of the PD brings our actual # attendee up quite a bit.

The quality of a sports facility is more than just seating capacity. PP park is pretty basic at best.

The quality of a sports facility is more than just seating capacity. PP park is pretty basic at best.

Should have used the old jumbotron at PP... Because throwing a big screen at things makes it better, right?

Baseball America didn't think so 2 years ago. They rated PP as one of the best college parks in the nation in 2014. That simply could be due to us honoring Fenway w/ a Green Monster & honoring Camden Yards w/ the outside designs but it's still worth noting.

Should have used the old jumbotron at PP... Because throwing a big screen at things makes it better, right?

They couldn't do that because of several things. 1. several parts for that unit had become obsolete and therefore are no longer available, 2. in the process of taking it down, several pieces had to basically be broken to get them down. Reusing that video board was never an option.

They couldn't do that because of several things. 1. several parts for that unit had become obsolete and therefore are no longer available, 2. in the process of taking it down, several pieces had to basically be broken to get them down. Reusing that video board was never an option.

I could be wrong but I thought ox's post was a joke.

Missing the yellow font.

I was kidding and Implying that Jacobs thought that a big screen would help one stadium, thought he might do the same for the other.

Missing the yellow font.

I was kidding and Implying that Jacobs thought that a big screen would help one stadium, thought he might do the same for the other.

Maybe I missed the point too but I figured the Aubitron was installed to increase fan enjoyment.....was I just dreaming about all the complaints regarding the sound system, scoreboard, etc over the years. How soon some people seem to forget. .... :dunno:

Missing the yellow font.

Maybe I missed the point too but I figured the Aubitron was installed to increase fan enjoyment.....was I just dreaming about all the complaints regarding the sound system, scoreboard, etc over the years. How soon some people seem to forget. .... :dunno:/>

Depends on your opinion of needs vs wants. Jumbotron was a want IMO

As others have said, PM doesn't know what he's talking about on this issue.

As for Plainsman Park, the only "upgrade" item I've heard relates to getting a better video board. BTW - here's a cool recent video:

Missing the yellow font.

Maybe I missed the point too but I figured the Aubitron was installed to increase fan enjoyment.....was I just dreaming about all the complaints regarding the sound system, scoreboard, etc over the years. How soon some people seem to forget. .... :dunno:/>

Probably so...but when you have a stadium like JH....Probably any thing not related to safety is a "want" to one group of fans or another.

Missing the yellow font.

Probably so...but when you have a stadium like JH....Probably any thing not related to safety is a "want" to one group of fans or another.

Have to agree.

Has anyone heard what they are going to do with the outside of the jumbotron?

Eventually making the outside smaller screens I believe.

Has anyone heard what they are going to do with the outside of the jumbotron?

Eventually making the outside smaller screens I believe.

Good. It looks very tacky right now with the back exposed.

Archived