Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

Has anyone heard what they are going to do with the outside of the jumbotron?

LED screens ... but not before this season.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As others have said, PM doesn't know what he's talking about on this issue.

As for Plainsman Park, the only "upgrade" item I've heard relates to getting a better video board. BTW - here's a cool recent video:

That is one pretty stadium! Everyone else is: "NOT EVEN... CLOSE"!

As of this week there will be some changes to the playing surface of Plainsman Park (new soil, sod, infield laser leveled, etc.) and improvements to the drainage system and irrigation. There's "talk" of some minor improvements down the first base line but those plans haven't made it to our desk yet.

There's also some things in the works for JHS after the 2016 season. From what I'm hearing Petrie Hall personnel will be moved to Beard-Eaves while work begins on that side of the stadium, along with renovation work to Petrie. It's not the beginning of the major overhaul (if and when the money comes in for it) but it will help them prepare for it when it comes.

That big screen was the only Jacobs would talk about when he was talking to the Auburn Family or to the media. He'd hardly every mention the team and the upcoming 2015 season.

That big screen was the only Jacobs would talk about when he was talking to the Auburn Family or to the media. He'd hardly every mention the team and the upcoming 2015 season.

Don't blame him.......................j/k j/k

Jacobs needed to distract our attention away from the piss poor ending to the 2014 season. The AubieTron gave the fans something to look forward to and brag about during the off-season. We viewed the daily construction of the thing with anticipation and excitement. While our coaches and the media threw out projections of the Heisman hopeful Jeremy Johnson, and the sky high pre-season rankings of our team. :bananadance:

I sent an email about the renovation this morning in regards to response by the Board of Trustees. They were set to make a decision by the end of April. I received word that by the end of this month we should receive some additional information.

I sent an email about the renovation this morning in regards to response by the Board of Trustees. They were set to make a decision by the end of April. I received word that by the end of this month we should receive some additional information.

Thanks Logan, that's good to know.

Thanks Logan, that's good to know.

Agree. Thanks Logan for the info.

• 3 weeks later...

Any news yet Logan?

Any news yet Logan?

RIR's info on this is the real deal. Would be shocked if anything deviates from what he posted.

Here's a good start. Yes, i know it's not all going to the stadium but a good example is here below.

Auburn kicks off $1 billion campaign, announces largest gift ever to university

Published: 04/18/2015

By: Mike Clardy

AUBURN UNIVERSITY – With the public kickoff of an ambitious $1 billion comprehensive campaign Saturday – including the announcement of the largest single gift in school history—Auburn University is delivering a renewed commitment to its students and faculty, a continued promise to the state of Alabama and a shared responsibility to the world.

Auburn also announced it has raised more than $775 million to date in support of the "Because This is Auburn" campaign, the largest in Auburn's history and one of the largest fundraising campaigns to date in the state.

"Today, we show the world why we believe in Auburn University," said Auburn President Jay Gogue. "This effort is unprecedented in Auburn's 160-year history. This campaign will add new chapters to Auburn's story and will make Auburn stronger for all the generations that follow."

Before Saturday's kickoff celebration at the A-Day football game, John and Rosemary Brown, both 1957 Auburn graduates, committed to Auburn $57 million, the largest gift in school history. The gift will fund two major new facilities: a new performing arts center and a student achievement center in the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering.

http://ocm.auburn.ed...-university.htm

John Brown, in case anyone is curious...

http://www.forbes.com/profile/john-brown/

Any news yet Logan?

Not yet. I've also been checking elsewhere for some updates, but still empty. Once I get something I will be sure to let the site know.

Any news yet Logan?

Not yet. I've also been checking elsewhere for some updates, but still empty. Once I get something I will be sure to let the site know.

Told "not happening anytime soon" stage last time this topic came up. Has been a couple of weeks since this has been mentioned or talked about in my circles. My guys really seem disinterested with anything AU football. So who knows.

Anyone else seeing the disinterest in AU football from people who are usually hard core? Not a good thing. I get cold and hot on this myself.

I am very disinterested. Of course I will cheer as hard or harder this year, but I am very cold on Auburn football right now. I'm gonna be at a lot of softball tournaments for my daughter's team this fall, so I will miss some games I normally go to. To be honest, it doesn't bother me. I really hope they do something this year to pull me out of this funk I'm in.

Told "not happening anytime soon" stage last time this topic came up. Has been a couple of weeks since this has been mentioned or talked about in my circles. My guys really seem disinterested with anything AU football. So who knows.

Anyone else seeing the disinterest in AU football from people who are usually hard core? Not a good thing. I get cold and hot on this myself.

I never in my life thought I'd be as apathetic about AU Men's athletics as I've become over the last 18 freaking months. I was grateful when the football/basketball/baseball seasons mercifully ended.

I am very disinterested. Of course I will cheer as hard or harder this year, but I am very cold on Auburn football right now. I'm gonna be at a lot of softball tournaments for my daughter's team this fall, so I will miss some games I normally go to. To be honest, it doesn't bother me. I really hope they do something this year to pull me out of this funk I'm in.

I've been in this funk too for almost 2 years now. I used to be so passionate, now... I've been looking more forward to a couple of trips we have planned then football this year. In the past, this was not the case.

Any news yet Logan?

you need to see a doctor but I can't believe Auburn men finished 13th in Mens SEC all sport trophy

"Good afternoon Logan,

No worries at all, we appreciate your interest in the project. At this point in time there is no new updates. The Athletics Department is continuing to evaluate donor and fan interest, design modification and financial feasibility of the potential project.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to let me know. Have a great rest of the day and War Eagle!"

"Good afternoon Logan,

No worries at all, we appreciate your interest in the project. At this point in time there is no new updates. The Athletics Department is continuing to evaluate donor and fan interest, design modification and financial feasibility of the potential project.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to let me know. Have a great rest of the day and War Eagle!"

JJ told reporters today at the SEC meetings JH project is priority 1 on facility projects but he would make a decision in the Fall about whether to go forward with the project or tabling it indefinitely.

Archived