• Created
  • Last Reply

WR - Nate Craig-Myers

OL - Landon Dickerson

OL - EJ Price or Demetri Moore

DT - Derrick Brown

LB - Elysee Mbem-Bosse, Jamal Couch or Donta Evans

CB - Jayvaughn Myers

S - If Character decommits then I'd say go after someone at WR or S (Richards or Warrior).

Only reason I didn't have EMB in as my LB projection is because I'd have thought we'd/he'd have pulled the trigger already.

No doubt who the new DC turns out to be will affect things on the D side.

I think we lose Newkirk due to grades, and most likely 1-2 more because that's how this thing goes every year so I'll do 8:

EJ Price

Nate Craig Myers

Jayvaughn Myers

EMB

Landon Dickerson

Derrick Brown

Then 2 of 3 potential surprises

*Surprise DE: Tomon Fox

*Surprise LB: Donta Evans

*Surprise DT: Tyler Clark

****SUPER SURPRISE: LB Ben Davis

Is character expected to flip?

I don't care who the six is really. I feel like the foundation is set with the current commits and everybody else is icing on the cake.

Is character expected to flip?

I don't care who the six is really. I feel like the foundation is set with the current commits and everybody else is icing on the cake.

I like your perspective. I would say we are seriously lacking though in the LB department.

I think we lose Newkirk due to grades, and most likely 1-2 more because that's how this thing goes every year so I'll do 8:

EJ Price

Nate Craig Myers

Jayvaughn Myers

EMB

Landon Dickerson

Derrick Brown

Then 2 of 3 potential surprises

*Surprise DE: Tomon Fox

*Surprise LB: Donta Evans

*Surprise DT: Tyler Clark

****SUPER SURPRISE: LB Ben Davis

That would be super, indeed.

Loving everyone's confidence in Derrick Brown.

Is wishful thinking or does the staff really feel that good about him?

His mom really likes Garner, but most believe he signs with UGA. I think we have a chance, but definitely a hard get.

Dead horse dept: If two of those six aren't linebackers, it will be "another year, another year we've screwed the pooch". I will submit that last year's class, 2015, was a big step up in linebacker recruiting, but one year out of every five or six won't cut it.

Dead horse dept: If two of those six aren't linebackers, it will be "another year, another year we've screwed the pooch". I will submit that last year's class, 2015, was a big step up in linebacker recruiting, but one year out of every five or six won't cut it.

Yeah, the question is who are we looking at in terms of LBs?!

EMB seems like an obvious target, except that he apparently isn't. Then who else? Obviously Ben Davis, but no one thinks we have a chance there. So, who else, realistically?

:dunno:

Seems like we may already have screwed the pooch on this one.

EMB seems like an obvious target, except that he apparently isn't. Then who else? Obviously Ben Davis, but no one thinks we have a chance there. So, who else, realistically?

I fear you are correct. I'm reduced to "The coaches must know something about EMB that we don't know". That's the only thing that makes any sense. There's nobody else on the scene unless they have somebody in Deep Cover, and I don't believe that sort of stuff.

I fear you are correct. I'm reduced to "The coaches must know something about EMB that we don't know". That's the only thing that makes any sense. There's nobody else on the scene unless they have somebody in Deep Cover, and I don't believe that sort of stuff.

The only other thing I can figure is that we may know who the new DC is going to be and are waiting on him to make the decisions about LBs. For whatever reason, Boom seemed not to be high on EMB. Maybe we are telling him to wait until our new DC takes over.

A lot of posters were high on Brown committing to Auburn about two weeks ago. But since KS was named head coach at UGA it seems some of talk is not so good. Maybe AJ and CRG can convince him to come to Auburn.

Mikey's right...we need to follow the 2015 class with another solid class of LB's.

I just don't understand AU's lack of players at LB over the last few years. Snake bit I guess.

Archived