Congrats to Dana Marquez, Equipment Manager

McLoofus

Won the inaugural Innovation in Safety award from the Maxwell Football Club. Very, very impressive stuff IMO. I think we discussed awhile back that dude invented safer pads.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012816aaa.html

Understood if it gets moved but I hope it gets to live here for a bit.

awesome!

Very good for Dana, Auburn and all the players wearing better equipment because of this event.

I'll be the capitalist geek and hope he can benefit financially from this too. The guy is an inventor with engineering capability. He has a good future should he go pro!!!

You won't hear about this in the Alabama media since it deals with someone from Auburn. Now, if it was someone from UAT, the Alabama media would be doing all they could to promote him for a Nobel Prize.

Most likely...this is the type of story that should have huge headlines. Great job by Dana, and I liked how he said "we" and "our staff" and tried to share credit for this individual award.

They did a feature on him on the Auburn Football Everyday show a year or two ago. Great inside look at that side of things and the work that goes into all of it.

Congratulations. Well deserved a man who is improving safety for Auburn football players and players at other schools.

You won't hear about this in the Alabama media since it deals with someone from Auburn. Now, if it was someone from UAT, the Alabama media would be doing all they could to promote him for a Nobel Prize.

That's no joke. Al.com wrote for weeks on that stupid medical tent bama uses on the sidelines. Not a word on an innovation that will actually increase player safety.

Archived