NO. 1. Equestrian BESTS NO. 3 BAYLOR, 15-5

augolf1716

Nice

http://www.auburntig.../013016aaa.html

AUBURN, Ala. – The No. 1 Auburn equestrian team returned to competition Saturday, hosting No. 3 Baylor and came away with a convincing 15-5 victory over the Bears at the Auburn University Horse Center. With the win, the Tigers improved to 6-1 on the season.

"From the beginning of the season, I knew we were good and we really showed that today," head coach Greg Williams said. "This is an extremely talented group and they competed with a lot of emotion."

A trio of Tiger freshmen earned MOP honors on the day in Ashton Alexander, Caitlin Boyle andAli Fratessa. Alexander, competing in her first meet as a Tiger, was honored on Equitation over Fences, while Boyle secured her first-career MOP award on Equitation on the Flat. Fratessa's came in Reining and was also her first-career honor.

"This sport keeps getting better and better and it showed today," Williams said. "All the MOPs were freshmen and it's exciting to know we're going to be good for a long time."

The Tigers took a commanding 8-2 lead into halftime, winning Horsemanship and Equitation over Fences. The Horsemanship riders picked up four wins for Auburn with junior Hannah Stephens earning the first point in a 72-69.5 win over Aspen Crew. Senior Griffin Knight picked up her sixth win in Horsemanship this season with a 72-62.5 victory over Kaylee Mellott. Freshman Lauren Diaz bested Mary Brown, 74-73, while senior Hannah Loseke capped things off with a 73.5-72.5 win over Charlotte Green.

The Hunt Seat riders took Equitation over Fences with a 4-1 victory. Alexander opened the event with her first-career win, defeating Savanah Jenkins, 87-68. Senior Elizabeth Benson earned her sixth win this season in the event with a tight 85-84 win over Brittney Mirkov. Freshman Hayley Iannotti scored an 86 to give the Tigers another point in the event and classmate Boyle finished with an 88-78 win over Alicia Gasser.

After intermission, Auburn bested Baylor in Equitation on the Flat, winning the event 3-2. Boyle picked up the Tigers' first point with a convincing 89-78 victory. Benson followed with an 85-81 win over Rachel Van Allen, while junior Tory Hoft secured a 83-77 victory over Paige Parker.

The Reining crew put together stellar performances, defeating Baylor 4-1. Knight earned a decisive 72-64 win over Charlotte Green, while sophomore Alexa Rivard defeated Ginger Chant, 72.5-67.5. Senior Haily Munger continued the winning ways with a 72-69.5 victory over her Baylor opponent and Fratessa closed out with a 75.5-66 win over Michelina Carbone.

Auburn faces Alabama Sunday, Jan. 31, in an exhibition meet in Tuscaloosa. The Tigers then travel to SEC rival and No. 2 Georgia, Feb. 13, for a big meet in conference action. The meeting will be the second of the season between Auburn and the Bulldogs.

For the latest on Auburn equestrian, follow @AuburnEQ on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AuburnEQ.

That's a heck of a beat down for the ladies against one of the best.

I'd intended to go to that meet but had to help move a sick relative instead. Anybody that likes horses, girls or just likes to see Auburn Tigers kick booty should give it a try!

I'd intended to go to that meet but had to help move a sick relative instead. Anybody that likes horses, girls or just likes to see Auburn Tigers kick booty should give it a try!

Well that's me just wished I leaved close enough to attend.

Archived