Riley Cole

JMassie11

Just decommitted from the turds due to them wanting him the grey shirt. Does Auburn offer? Would not contribute immediately but looks to have upside.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just decommitted from the turds due to them wanting him the grey shirt. Does Auburn offer? Would not contribute immediately but looks to have upside.

Want to stick it to Bama? Sign with Auburn ?

Want to stick it to Bama? Sign with Auburn ?

I agree 100%. IMO could also get in a certain other recruits ear about sign in with us as well....fingers crossed

Want to stick it to Bama? Sign with Auburn 😂

We need more players that wants to stick it to the man...

Based on spuat's evaluation of LBs during recruiting and their subsequent play on the field, then we should make Cole a priority. A grayshirt offer from spuat is >>>>> greater than our LB recruiting for many years.

wde

This depends on our staff's evaluation of his ability. We here on this board don't know if he can help us or not. I'd really like to add an in-state LB to this class, if the guy wants to be an Auburn Tiger and our coaches think he can help us.

If he has a nose for the football pick him up. One of my favorite LB's in the conference is Brooks Ellis at Arkansas for that reason. Cole reminds me of him with his size at 6'3 230, Ellis is 6'2 244. Don't care what the guy is ranked, if the guy is willing to work, hit, fit holes, and not run the wrong way then I can't complain.

From what I've read we haven't offered. Is this correct?

He committed fairly early and probably wasn't the highest guy on our board, but now that we are where we are, who knows?

Stick it to Alabama for this guy? Alabama will not give it a second thought, if they were asking him to grey shirt. That is because they are getting 2 5* LBs and really dont need Cole for now..and just want to make sure he doesnt go anywhere else.

Alabama simply would have signed him if they didnt get any of the other top LBs. They have no recruiting problems when it comes to stockpiling LBs.

That is our problem..((((

Stick it to Alabama for this guy? Alabama will not give it a second thought, if they were asking him to grey shirt. That is because they are getting 2 5* LBs and really dont need Cole for now..and just want to make sure he doesnt go anywhere else.

Alabama simply would have signed him if they didnt get any of the other top LBs. They have no recruiting problems when it comes to stockpiling LBs.

They could very easily get a third 5* linebacker from California.

I'm sure UAB is on him. A Jake Ganus type. We apparently had no interest in Jake, but he was far and away top tackler on UGA this year. Without JG's big plays AU wins. I doubt our staff is interested but it's a new defensive staff so you never know. Hope UAT regrets that "business decision" someday.

I'm sure UAB is on him. A Jake Ganus type. We apparently had no interest in Jake, but he was far and away top tackler on UGA this year. Without JG's big plays AU wins. I doubt our staff is interested but it's a new defensive staff so you never know. Hope UAT regrets that "business decision" someday.

Better play calls, Auburn wins, even if uga had two Jakes. But I get your point.

Based on spuat's evaluation of LBs during recruiting and their subsequent play on the field, then we should make Cole a priority. A grayshirt offer from spuat is >>>>> greater than our LB recruiting for many years.

wde

makes sense to me....at least talk with the guy.

PS...he doesn't have much of an offer list but I bet that once a kid like him gets associated or thought of as a bama commit, most schools just back away....no point in wasting time chasing after him. Wonder if he has been getting a lot of phone calls the last few days?

Not on AU's board.

Not on AU's board.

why is that not a surprise?...figures

Committed to Bama

Not on AU's board.

Well he is a LB so we would not generally be interested. L O L

Not on AU's board.

Supposedly the staff are not taking any reaches w/ their remaining spots in this class & see Riley as a reach.

Not on AU's board.

Supposedly the staff are not taking any reaches w/ their remaining spots in this class & see Riley as a reach.

If he is decommitted from Bama, why is he listed in Rivals Recruiting? He isn't committed to any Rival. He is a legit in state LB. Why in the world would he not be a take? 3 star LB Riley Cole (LONG TIME turd LB commit) who won the LB mvp at the Atlanta Opening is a stretch, but 3 star Tre Threat wasn't? Seems legit. He is an in state LB. Why in the world are we not all over this kid? Maybe because I'm many decades ago from Oneonta that makes me have a special interest in this kid, but come on... I don't see how he could be considered a stretch, being as he was named the best LB at the Atlanta Opening.

THIS is the type of decision that put us in the LB spot we are in now.

They could very easily get a third 5* linebacker from California.

Most likely what is happening. :-\

If he is decommitted from Bama, why is he listed in Rivals Recruiting?

Because he is not an AU target. The Rivals section is for recruits who are not AU targets whether they are committed somewhere or not.

Well done E.....

What did I do? lol

Archived