2016 Grad Transfer OT Tyler Catalina (UGA commit. 2/15/16)

ellitor

Although I'd love to scream "It's the frickin Catalina Wine Mixer!!!!!" after every good block, I'm not sure I'm seeing that this helps us much. I dunno, not feeling this one.

We scream "Pow! Pow!" after a good block. The Catalina Wine Mixer is the party we throw to convince him to transfer.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is that Mr. Catalina Wine Mixer was the best player on his team and made second team all conference on a team that won 1 game last year. He must have something going for him....not sure it translates to the SEC but we're not the only ones looking with interest.

All I can say is that Mr. Catalina Wine Mixer was the best player on his team and made second team all conference on a team that won 1 game last year. He must have something going for him....not sure it translates to the SEC but we're not the only ones looking with interest.

Agreed. Good is good. The level of competition might make the coaches have to work a little harder to get a solid evaluation done but they can still see if the guy has a quick step, has good pad level, knows how to use his hands and space his feet, etc.

I'm still always surprised when NFL players introduce themselves on a game broadcast and I learn the names of a few schools I'd never heard of before. Just a long winded way of saying don't discount this guy because he played at Nowhere U.

This is NOT good news.. but it looks as if we are gonna loose the OL game this NSD... Boooo

God Bless our red shirt freshman, see ya in the spring! War Eagle!!

Your post seems to indicate that you don't think this guy can be a good football player for Auburn. Am I reading that correctly? If I'm not, that will surprise nobody and you can disregard. If I AM reading that correctly, may I ask why you think that?

We might need him as a stop gap with experince to let Sammons get SEC ready as a RedShirt. Also Horton and James are real possibilities at OT

We might need him as a stop gap with experince to let Sammons get SEC ready as a RedShirt. Also Horton and James are real possibilities at OT

I can't get too enthusiastic about a GT. Unless there has been a coaching change where he is, why is he transferring? On the other hand, what can it hurt? We have plenty of slots and he'll only count against the 85 limit for one year. Why not?

They still haven't taken down their tweet. That's a recruiting violation.

I also noticed he got an offer from UGA and TAMU today and Penn State yesterday. He'll be a tough pull.

He just said this: I signed a financial aid agreement in December however I am still going through the process of taking visits and exploring all options

They still haven't taken down their tweet. That's a recruiting violation.

I also noticed he got an offer from UGA and TAMU today and Penn State yesterday. He'll be a tough pull.

I'm talking to myself I know...but just received a tweet saying he had already signed a financial aid grant agreement back in December, so I guess technically ISU can talk about him. He's definitely still open in the recruitment process though.

He just said this: I signed a financial aid agreement in December however I am still going through the process of taking visits and exploring all options

beat me to it!

Yes

No we dont

Yes we do

Let's just say we need another OL much less than we need some other position players.....like another couple LBs for example.

Yes

No we dont

Yes we do

Let's just say we need another OL much less than we need some other position players.....like another couple LBs for example.

We don't need any stinkin LB's

Yes

No we dont

Yes we do

We don't need any stinkin LB's

PBRs flowing tonight already, I see.

:cheers:

Archived