3* S Daniel Thomas (AU signee 2/3/16)

WarDamnEagleWDE

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not convinced we did not get the better of the 2. Already forgot Warrior. I'm a Thomas fan

Glad we gave him his chance.But I thought we weren't going to sign him?

Ha, it's a fluid thing this recruiting business.

Indeed.

The really sunshine-y spin is that maybe we told him that to make sure that he didn't miss another opportunity hanging on our "maybe".

I think Daniel Thomas is a better football player than 1/2 the safeties he's ranked behind.
#Auburn
— JC Shurburtt (@jcshurburtt)
February 3, 2016

reminds me of Darren bates a little.

Aw man, don't get my hopes up. LOVED that guy. Mean as hell. And exactly the kind of LB I was thinking Thomas might turn into (based off no legit info whatsoever, just hoping probably). I soooo hope you're right.

I think Daniel Thomas is a better football player than 1/2 the safeties he's ranked behind.
#Auburn
— JC Shurburtt (@jcshurburtt)
February 3, 2016

reminds me of Darren bates a little.

Aw man, don't get my hopes up. LOVED that guy. Mean as hell. And exactly the kind of LB I was thinking Thomas might turn into (based off no legit info whatsoever, just hoping probably). I soooo hope you're right.

i haven't even seen film. Just going by him being a relative unknown till late then basically starting four years.

HE looks good on film and really goes for the INT and great hands. So, what made him only a 3*? He is too small for a Safety? Isnt he as big as Rudy Ford?

i didnt look at his tackling ability..since most show all his INTs...

HE looks good on film and really goes for the INT and great hands. So, what made him only a 3*? He is too small for a Safety? Isnt he as big as Rudy Ford?

I wonder if he got around to camps?

I wonder if he got around to camps?

He'll be a sleeper. Screen cap it

Apparently Muschamp was close to getting his commit before he left. So it would seem that he had him rated over Warrior.

Or thought he couldn't get Dale Carter's son.

Glad we gave him his chance.But I thought we weren't going to sign him?

The staff thought we had Warrior at the time.

Apparently Muschamp was close to getting his commit before he left. So it would seem that he had him rated over Warrior.

Boom had Warrior higher. We had made a big move w/ Warrior behind the scenes til just before Boom & crew left. We lost all the momentum but Coach Crimedog did a hell of a job picking up the ball & making UT fight like hell to hold Warrior.

Archived