3* S Daniel Thomas (AU signee 2/3/16)

WarDamnEagleWDE

unless the coaches feel like Warrior will sign elsewhere if Thomas is on board.

They could feel that way,but IDK why Warrior would be threatened by Thomas.

It's not about Warrior feeling threatened. The staff appears to be set on 1 & only 1 more Safety in this class. Warrior or Thomas.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not about Warrior feeling threatened. The staff appears to be set on 1 & only 1 more Safety in this class. Warrior or Thomas.

and Kipp Adams just cb'd Warrior to AU...

and Kipp Adams just cb'd Warrior to AU...

Yup. Every UGA reporter has him to AU. I hope they know something since Nigel lives there & his announcement will be on Atlanta TV.

Heck, I'd take Warrior AND Thomas. With the injuries we've had in the secondary and the academic redshirts we might have, an extra safety who is a baller would be a schollie well spent imo.

I'm with you on this one IronMan. I'm also tired of all this "Just wait until next year stuff". It's time to sign some kids that want to come to Auburn. The Thomas kid wants to come here and we have vacancies, probably more vacancies than we want if some of the academic questions floating around are true.

Heck, I'd take Warrior AND Thomas. With the injuries we've had in the secondary and the academic redshirts we might have, an extra safety who is a baller would be a schollie well spent imo.

I'm with you on this one IronMan. I'm also tired of all this "Just wait until next year stuff". It's time to sign some kids that want to come to Auburn. The Thomas kid wants to come here and we have vacancies, probably more vacancies than we want if some of the academic questions floating around are true.

Put me in the sign him camp also. Whether we get Warrior or not. (Not Sarcasm)

Since IronMan, Mikey and I think we should sign him. I am sure when Gus sees this post he will give him a commit-able offer LOL - I couldn't remember Sarcasm Font

Put me in the sign him camp also. Whether we get Warrior or not. (Not Sarcasm)

Since IronMan, Mikey and I think we should sign him. I am sure when Gus sees this post he will give him a commit-able offer LOL - I couldn't remember Sarcasm Font

Yep I feel the same way.

Welp.

Spoke w/ 3-star DB Daniel Thomas (Lee H.S., Montgomery, Ala.) & Auburn coaches told him their class is full. He will not get an offer.

@matthewcstevens

This is good

It indicates goodness with Warrior; but I still want to sign Thomas.

Welp.

Spoke w/ 3-star DB Daniel Thomas (Lee H.S., Montgomery, Ala.) & Auburn coaches told him their class is full. He will not get an offer.

@matthewcstevens

This is good

I still don't see the problem with having both but that's above my pay grade.

Welp.

@matthewcstevens

This is good

Could mean that there are some guys signing that we aren't aware of. Could mean they are holding spots because they anticipate needing them later.

Welp.

@matthewcstevens

This is good

I seriously doubt that the class is "full". It may be full in that they don't want to sign another safety but unless they've got a pocket full of silent commits we are not going to make our 25 limit, no way.

It's above my pay grade too, but Thomas is a good football player that wants to come to Auburn and unless those silent commits are real we should take Thomas. Put 20 lbs on him and he can play OLB, a position at which we are in woeful need. We have one (1) LB in this class and the uncommitted S/LB that we are said to be pursuing apparently has grade problems.

WTH?????

Welp.

@matthewcstevens

This is good

The coaches have told Thomas the class is full. I don't see how unless they have several surprises hidden away for Wednesday or they are saving for at least three Early Enrollees for next January.

Has Thomas got better options than AU? If he wants to go to AU and doesn't presently have an offer maybe he should ask for a gray shirt or become a walk on. If he really has SEC ability he'll show out in practice and be on scholarship next year. If he doesn't, his best bet is to go elsewhere.

Has Thomas got better options than AU? If he wants to go to AU and doesn't presently have an offer maybe he should ask for a gray shirt or become a walk on. If he really has SEC ability he'll show out in practice and be on scholarship next year. If he doesn't, his best bet is to go elsewhere.

He has offers from Clemson, North Carolina, Minnesota, Louisville and a few other Power Five schools. I don't know which or if any offers are committable.

Welp.

@matthewcstevens

This is good

The coaches have told Thomas the class is full. I don't see how unless they have several surprises hidden away for Wednesday or they are saving for at least three Early Enrollees for next January.

It's their way of saying on the staff's board they are only taking 1 more S regardless of how many spots are left under the 25 & they likely feel pretty good about the other guy.

He has offers from Clemson, North Carolina, Minnesota, Louisville and a few other Power Five schools. I don't know which or if any offers are committable.

He'll be fine if he goes to south Carolina, Clemson. Maryland.

I just hope we land Warrior

Per Brandon Marcello, Auburn is "full" and can't offer Daniel Thomas.

I watch the recruiting talk, but that's the end of what I know. I'm wondering. Does this mean Auburn knows who's coming? Or does it mean Auburn is waiting on a few, but there will be no room for Thomas no matter what.

I don't want this to be about Thomas, but I sure would like a kid who wants Auburn enough to hold off other teams above one who's marginally "better." Just the same, how do you read this "full" business?

I read it as the coaches know who is coming or suspect who is coming and have looked at their numbers and said we are closed...no more room...we may be surprised that we didn't take our full numbers but I suspect that if follows the coaches plans...

Archived