3* S Daniel Thomas (AU signee 2/3/16)

WarDamnEagleWDE

Updated (2/03/16) - Thomas signs with AU!

AU needs to find a spot for this kid. People I've talked to say he is a stud. Undersized but a player.

635899466086943285-unnamed.jpg

Daniel Thomas, S

Montgomery, AL

Ht: 6'0 | Wt: 190

• Picked up late last-minute offer from AU
  • OV'd to Auburn 1/29

247Sports: 3*

Rivals: 2*

Scout: 3*

Offers: Auburn, Clemson, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Georgia Tech, Jackson State, Jacksonville State, Louisville, Maryland, Minnesota, North Carolina, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Tennessee State, Troy, Tulane and UAB, among others.

Hudl Highlights

CaBTI9oWcAAZkiB.jpg

CaBTI97XEAElxMY.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall who ?

Sounds like on the Marshall thread that we pulled Marshall's offer... Maybe he will hear something today..

I don't think Marshall is relevant here. Different position and we weren't bumping up against the limit anyway. Could be wrong, though.

Marshall who ?

Sounds like on the Marshall thread that we pulled Marshall's offer... Maybe he will hear something today..

I don't think Marshall is relevant here. Different position and we weren't bumping up against the limit anyway. Could be wrong, though.

Who'd a'thunk this required sarcastic colour.

AU needs to find a spot for this kid. People I've talked to say he is a stud. Undersized but a player.

I can back this up. He has torched my Prattville Lions.

Maybe he will get marshall's slot.

If he gets a slot it's likely Warrior's. Does not look like AU plans to replace Marshall right now.

Marshall who ?

Who'd a'thunk this required sarcastic colour.

It didn't.

I'm starting to like these guys who are 6' or taller and hovering around 200 lbs (if those numbers are accurate for Thomas). They can provide depth at several positions and we've actually had some success over the years with versatile guys bouncing around the various positions behind the DL.

From KK FWIW

Kyle Kolumbus ‏@kkolumbo 18m18 minutes ago

Auburn should know today whether we get Warrior or not I think. I believe he's letting the staffs know and we'll offer Daniel Thomas if not.

You called it (or at least KK agrees with what you said earlier in this thread).

I did like what Thomas had to say in an interview excerpt that somebody shared here.

I like Daniel Thomas A LOT! Won't be the worse thing in the world if we get him instead of Warrior. Great enthusiasm for AU, and if WDE is right, he is a baller too!

If he gets a slot it's likely Warrior's. Does not look like AU plans to replace Marshall right now.

So you are saying the coaches think that we get Warrior? We are going to leave dm's slot open and not sign a full class?

So you are saying the coaches think that we get Warrior? We are going to leave dm's slot open and not sign a full class?

We weren't going to sign a full class for a couple months now. Counting Jamel Dean & Kevin Phillips we likely have 22 for 2016 after NSD.

On Warrior, the latest is the staff feels we are a very serious threat for him. They want to wait on him because they believe Thomas would commit on the spot of an offer. The staff wants 1 more safety in the class & it appears to be Warrior or Thomas.

We weren't going to sign a full class for a couple months now. Counting Jamel Dean & Kevin Phillips we likely have 22 for 2016 after NSD.

On Warrior, the latest is the staff feels we are a very serious threat for him. They want to wait on him because they believe Thomas would commit on the spot of an offer. The staff wants 1 more safety in the class & it appears to be Warrior or Thomas.

Thank you!

I assume this plan goes away if Gary or Davis decide to shock the world?

I assume this plan goes away if Gary or Davis decide to shock the world?

Neith 1 of those are back ups nor do they fill the class.

Heck, I'd take Warrior AND Thomas. With the injuries we've had in the secondary and the academic redshirts we might have, an extra safety who is a baller would be a schollie well spent imo.

Heck, I'd take Warrior AND Thomas. With the injuries we've had in the secondary and the academic redshirts we might have, an extra safety who is a baller would be a schollie well spent imo.

...and at 6' 190ish, Thomas could grow into a LB if we needed him to.

I'm with you,if the kid is good enough for scholarship then give him one,if not move on.I would fill up the class if there's quality talent available.The coaches may think they can do better next year,but there are always players lost to injuries and transfers,grades ect that are not forseen.

unless the coaches feel like Warrior will sign elsewhere if Thomas is on board.

unless the coaches feel like Warrior will sign elsewhere if Thomas is on board.

They could feel that way,but IDK why Warrior would be threatened by Thomas.

Archived