Guessing We Will Need....

Malcolm_FleX48

Look for us to sign 3-4 LBers next year in 2017. We lead for Ignont and Benton in 2017. We will also sign two RBs. I have to assume that we're looking to sign a grad transfer this offseason. Seeing as we only signed 21 (23 if you count Dean and Phillips)

Correct me if I'm, but don't you need a lot of linebackers and defensive ends to run the 4-2-5 the right way? the only thing I remember about the 4-2-5 is that we couldn't stop anybody from gaining lots of yards and points.

Look for us to sign 3-4 LBers next year in 2017. We lead for Ignont and Benton in 2017. We will also sign two RBs. I have to assume that we're looking to sign a grad transfer this offseason. Seeing as we only signed 21 (23 if you count Dean and Phillips)

2-3 LB's and signing a grad transfer has nothing to do with signing 23 this yr, but has more to do with being able to count back 2 next yr.

Correct me if I'm, but don't you need a lot of linebackers and defensive ends to run the 4-2-5 the right way? the only thing I remember about the 4-2-5 is that we couldn't stop anybody from gaining lots of yards and points.

you are wrong. The type of 4-2-5 was more of the issue along with an inability of the coaching staff and players combined in knowing their assignments, whether it was the player or coaches to blame does not matter anymore but someone was always blowing an assignment when we last ran that D

Pretty much if Williams and mcbryde aren't good we're hurting

Yep....and it will be Steele's fault of course...

However, can't understand why Auburn, with a lack of depth at LB, can only sign one 3-4 star while Bama, with an abundance of depth at LB, can sign three 5 stars.

Bama puts LB in the NFL. There's your reason in a nutshell

However, can't understand why Auburn, with a lack of depth at LB, can only sign one 3-4 star while Bama, with an abundance of depth at LB, can sign three 5 stars.

Bama puts LB in the NFL. There's your reason in a nutshell

Not that long ago we were doing that too. Seems we lost the knack for it.

Don't forget about Williams and Davis

Well I was saying we know Tre is good. I'm hoping Holland can play in space and I think Davis is decent but I think we need Williams and mcbryde to be special...minimum as good as Garrett was

Don't forget about Williams and Davis

Well I was saying we know Tre is good. I'm hoping Holland can play in space and I think Davis is decent but I think we need Williams and mcbryde to be special...minimum as good as Garrett was

agree with you

Got Bates, Bynes, Ford and Lemoneir playing LB in the NFL now....of course two of them were DEs at AU.

Any "leftovers" (transfers, etc) still on the vine that could provide depth? Did that kid that refused to greyshirt at Bama sign with anyone?

Yeah. South Alabama.

Interesting...had a couple better offers.....but stayed close to home....still will be wearing red...guess that was important.

But now that the dust has settled from recruiting, I guess we can let the world (and young dissatisfied GradT linebackers) know via social media that we still might have a place for them....though I'm wondering if maybe we now have a full house and no room for a gradT or late Juco. ....unless it would be the slot that has Davis penciled in.

Mikey or someone....do we have room for a GradT ?

We have room for three more signees in this class but I don't think the coaches want to sign three more. Maybe one if the right guy becomes available.

I don't recall us ever getting a JUCO linebacker and I really can't recall a JUCO LB ever being a hot commodity. Why that is I couldn't guess, but it appears that JUCO linebackers with the talent to help SEC teams are simply not to be found.

Grad transfer? Is there even one GT in the entire country that plays LB? The pool of quality GT players is extremely tiny regardless of position. I don't think that's an area in which teams can go hunting with much hope of success. Yes, maybe a buck deer wanders into downtown Nashville from time to time, but Printer's Alley isn't the place you'd choose for deer hunting and wishing for a GT to appear as if by magic isn't how you'd hope to fill your recruiting needs.

Any "leftovers" (transfers, etc) still on the vine that could provide depth? Did that kid that refused to greyshirt at Bama sign with anyone?

Yeah. South Alabama.

Interesting...had a couple better offers.....but stayed close to home....still will be wearing red...guess that was important.

But now that the dust has settled from recruiting, I guess we can let the world (and young dissatisfied GradT linebackers) know via social media that we still might have a place for them....though I'm wondering if maybe we now have a full house and no room for a gradT or late Juco. ....unless it would be the slot that has Davis penciled in.

Mikey or someone....do we have room for a GradT ?

We have room for three more signees in this class but I don't think the coaches want to sign three more. Maybe one if the right guy becomes available.

I don't recall us ever getting a JUCO linebacker and I really can't recall a JUCO LB ever being a hot commodity. Why that is I couldn't guess, but it appears that JUCO linebackers with the talent to help SEC teams are simply not to be found.

Grad transfer? Is there even one GT in the entire country that plays LB? The pool of quality GT players is extremely tiny regardless of position. I don't think that's an area in which teams can go hunting with much hope of success. Yes, maybe a buck deer wanders into downtown Nashville from time to time, but Printer's Alley isn't the place you'd choose for deer hunting and wishing for a GT to appear as if by magic isn't how you'd hope to fill your recruiting needs.

the only grad transfers I ever heard much about are QBs. That Mullany receiver bammer got from the Pac 12 was a shot in the arm. But I agree they are few and far between.

too bad we missed the boat on some of the uab defectors last year (unless I forgot some)

One of them went to Georgia and was their leading tackler last season. We could have used that guy! I'm not aware of any others that made waves in the SEC.

2-3 LB's and signing a grad transfer has nothing to do with signing 23 this yr, but has more to do with being able to count back 2 next yr.

We saved spots in this class for grad transfers that would count for this year.

Who are the GT's we're getting?

Why would we save spots for Graduate transfers when they don't count against the counter list from this years class?

Signing only 23 this yr allows us to have 2 additional early enrollees from the 2017 class count back to the 2016 class and this is what we are doing is my understanding.

Who are the GT's we're getting?

We have offered the Catalina kid the OT. Most of the graduate transfers will be known at the end of the spring semester or closer to the end is when the tend to announce that they are intending to transfer

Why would we save spots for Graduate transfers when they don't count against the counter list from this years class?

Signing only 23 this yr allows us to have 2 additional early enrollees from the 2017 class count back to the 2016 class and this is what we are doing is my understanding.

We signed 22 that will count, leaving 3 openings available. T. Manning signed but won't count until his medical situation is corrected. Same situation as S. Coleman several years ago. Grad transfers do count, assuming a team can find one out there that they want. That pool of players is extremely small.

Hey Flex, I enjoy and am always impressed with your insight with the team. You look like you could suit up and hit the field for us!

I do think we will have to run a 4-3 most of the time due to LB depth. With a 3 LB set, we should be able to do OK as long as we do not have many injuries. LB position is one that often has the higher number of injuries than other defensive positions. If we were to field a team at this moment and include all 2016 signees, I would like to see how this would look.

Maybe some better than me could come up with this. I would do this, but would likely screw it up big time. My area of somewhat expertise is the art of prediction! My wife tells me that I should get in touch with the medium called Sylvia Brown!

I have picked a good few pick 3s and pick 4s for the Carolinas. I do not gamble, but do enjoy predictions here and there. Try these numbers this weekend for the Powerball. 11,43,27,14,35 with the PB #26

Archived