How hot is Sumlin's seat now?

lionheartkc

After the defection of BOTH of his star QBs, he signed a total of 1, 3-star Pro style QB. And people think we have quarterback issues. Sumlin's teams have always lived and died by their QB play.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His seat is hot but the NFL will come knocking, he's already generated some interest (at least rumor wise).

Is that real interest, or spin from his agent hoping to garner actual interest?

I don't think the seat is hot heat. Remember they got Trevor Knight as a graduate transfer so he is eligible to play immediately. I expect he will be the starter next year and he has a lot of good receivers to work with. I look for them to be dangerous next year with chief running the defense and Knight at QB for the offense. He is better and more experienced than either one they lost. That having been said you have to wonder what Sumblin is doing to run good players off.

I don't think the seat is hot heat. Remember they got Trevor Knight as a graduate transfer so he is eligible to play immediately. I expect he will be the starter next year and he has a lot of good receivers to work with. I look for them to be dangerous next year with chief running the defense and Knight at QB for the offense. He is better and more experienced than either one they lost. That having been said you have to wonder what Sumblin is doing to run good players off.

Isn't Trevor one and done? Right now, they have a 3-star and some walk-ons to take over for him in 2017, unless they get another transfer. That or they are going to have to count on getting a ready-to-play true freshman in next year's class. Not a good place to be at all.

Isn't Trevor one and done? Right now, they have a 3-star and some walk-ons to take over for him in 2017, unless they get another transfer. That or they are going to have to count on getting a ready-to-play true freshman in next year's class. Not a good place to be at all.

Well, we were in a similar boat in 2010 and 2013, brought in 1 JUCO QB each year and.....

Well, we were in a similar boat in 2010 and 2013, brought in 1 JUCO QB each year and.....

Both years, we had a 4 or 5-star QB on the roster without the JUCO QBs, so we had a chance to be good without them. We were better with them, but we weren't in a bare cupboard situation.

• 3 weeks later...

Humm

Texas A&M’s Jordan Davis Announces Transfer, Leaving Aggies With No Scholarship Tight Ends

It will be interesting to see if A&M has a team next year at the rate they are losing key players.

I think the West will be a shoot out just like it is every year. Who know which team will step up and take the West? All teams have needs that they have to address, all of them are returning some talented/experienced players...so it will come down to the coaching IMO.

^Our athletics program feels exactly like it did 3 years ago. I'm so sick of being at the bottom of the SEC, which could very well happen again this year. There is NO EXCUSE for the Misses and Arky to be ahead of us.

• 2 months later...

There's a QB we can go after now. The trouble that a combination of timing, poor choice of words, and Twitter can cause is amazing.

...And yet ALL the media in Alabama will talk -write about are 4 AU players and mj.....smh

There is NO way Sumlin survives this and makes it to next season. He'll be fired in December IF he makes it that long. Dumpster Fire

There's a QB we can go after now. The trouble that a combination of timing, poor choice of words, and Twitter can cause is amazing.

More likely end up at OSU

There is NO way Sumlin survives this and makes it to next season. He'll be fired in December IF he makes it that long. Dumpster Fire

It's his own fault. Live by the thug culture, die by the thug culture. A&M will be far better off without him. He brought down their reputation.

There is no one in this world at the moment who hates social media more than Kevin Sumlin.

Archived