Who would you say is the dark horse or sleeper in 2016 class

doc4aday

I thought that this might be a bit of fun now that we have our class filled for 2016. We all know that there will be a sleeper or dark horse. It is fine for more than 1 recruit in that there might be several. My picks:

1. Prince Sammons: (I would love to see this young man wind up as a DE...It would be awesome if the Prince could be at one DE position and Prince Wonnago at the other. Two 6-8, 275 lbs. DEs on the field at the same time would scare the crap out of the turds when we play them in 2016).

2. Marlon Character: I see sleeper all over this young man. I think he may be one of the top steals in all of the SEC classes. He will be a gamer in the truest sense and will have a decent chance to be all Freshman SEC for 2016.

I am excited to see what any of you think with regard to this.

WDE & WDC

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick Coe and Daniel Thomas are worth mentions as well

Those two are my sleeper picks as well.

I'm extremely biased here, but Brodarious Hamm could be the next Greg Robinson.

My bad, I should have mentioned Mr. Manning. The young man could in a few years be back ready to tear it up. As an Auburn Family as we have become over the years, we all need to say a special prayer each day for this young man. We need to support his family in any way possible. Money will help with the medical bills, but letting his family know we have their back, and welcome them into the Auburn Family like we did with Shawn Coleman's folks.

I would guess that Shawn will keep in touch and be there for him and his family. This would mean a lot to the Manning's no doubt.

LOL, we seem to have a whole bunch of 'darkhorses'. Maybe the OP could define the term.

Dark horse is pretty much interchangeable with sleeper. Dark horse just sounds cool I guess!

I wish there could be some continuity with the recruiting services as far as rating players with the star system. It is sort of irritating when you see a recruit with a total of 3 sites that has him as a 4 star and 1 site has him as a 3 star. Then the young man winds up as a 3 star when he has 3 total 4 stars.

Archived