Way Too Early 2017 Recruiting Class

CameronCrazy

I know the ink is barely dry on the NLI's for the 2016 recruiting class. But I'm very excited for the 2017 recruiting class given the amount of talent in the state of Alabama alone next year. We should be able to sign a couple of extra guys in next year's class. This year we were #9 with only 21 commits. Next year we'll add 27-28 to give us the potential of finally getting a top 5 class. Here are 20 guys that I believe that Auburn has a great chance to land. All but 2 of these guys (Johnston & Gonzalez) are rated 4* or higher.

QB - Lowell Narcisse (former commit)

QB - Jake Bentley (son of former AU coach)

RB - Alaric Williams (AU commit)

RB - Trey Sermon (AU-UF battle, AU may lead)

WR - Nico Collins (AU leads)

OL - Calvin Ashley (AU commit)

OL - Austin Troxall (AU-UAT battle)

OL - Tony Gray (OL MVP of AU summer OL camp)

OL - Netori Johnson (UAT commit; AU pushing to flip)

DT - MJ Webb (AU leads)

DE - Ryan Johnson

LB - Markail Benton (AU-UAT battle, teammate of John Broussard)

LB - Will Ignont (AU leads)

LB - Thomas Johnston

CB - Jaymest Williams (teammate of Kyle Davis)

CB - Tre Shaw

CB - Deon Jones

S - Deangelo Gibbs (AU-UGA battle)

S - Tray Bischop (AU leads)

S - Carlito Gonzalez (AU commit)

Last year we got out of the gate way too slow in my opinion. There are 4-8 guys that I believe that Auburn currently leads for. It would be great to have these guys to commit this spring so that we can really build some strong momentum for Big Cat Weekend.

I don't know if you can count the beginning of last year's as a start at all. The only good that came out of it was a head start on the 17 class. We need at least 3-4 LBs. Same with OL. Probably DBs too. I think those 3 are needs

Looking at the job Rodney Garner did for AU this year, maybe he ought to be the one assigned to recruit linebackers. AU needs linebackers badly.

Is Mikey okay? The leader of the linebackers moaner group has to be lying in a ditch somewhere sniffing paint because we only signed one 3 star linebacker.

Also. Trey Blount, 4 star receiver from Atlanta exchanged war eagles with Carlito Ginzalez yesterday on Twitter. I'd keep my eyes on him.

Challenge for everybody! Match 3 guys right now that will end up signing that's not on the radar and I'll let you in the insider group!

Challenge for everybody! Match 3 guys right now that will end up signing that's not on the radar and I'll let you in the insider group!

Good one.

wde

We need at least 3-4 LBs.

Barring attrition I respectfully disagree here. We will have 8 LBs on scholly next year w/ PT for 2 per play 70-80% of the time. That's basically 4 deep. We are only losing Javy to graduation. Benton is a must for us IMO. I think we will take 2 but consider 3 if we really like the talent.

I think our current status with Benton and Ignont at LB had something to do with this year's LB recruiting. Those two would be huge gets, and only signing one this year possibly helps us next year with them. Time will tell.

For me the biggest needs next year are

QB - Always strive for 1 quality per class

RB - Losing Jovon who is the trend to be the workhorse

LT - Gotta hold Calvin Ashley

Safety - Could be low in depth after next year

Nickel - Could be low in depth after next year

????? E, you are missing the BIGGEST position of need - LB.

Look up 3 posts. I don't see it as a huge need other than getting Benton. Ignont would be very nice too.

E one of the few times I disagree with you. I think we need 3 LB's unless some of the current ones show up. I agree that we have 8 which is enough depth if they were all performing but at this time there are only 2 or 3 that we can count on. Spring and fall practice could change that under new coaches. If a few more of the current ones show out. I will be more then willing to eat crow next year. Actually I will be ecstatic to eat crow next year if we see a dramatic improvement from our Linebackers next year.

I'd say biggest needs of next year are LB,RB, and OT.

It would be extremely nice to land Williams and Sermon. Probably might get one of those 5-9 APB as well.

Benton and Ignont are incredibly important for this Class adding another LB to these 2 would be a nice add.

Holding Ashley. Maybe add Troxell and another OT. I think we need 3.

Collins would be a very nice add to our current WR group. A little different/bigger.

Look up 3 posts. I don't see it as a huge need other than getting Benton. Ignont would be very nice too.

We have quantity but it is not known if we have quality. If we can sign quality, then we need to sign some LBs. This is going to hurt some feelings but we should be recruiting any LB that spuat shows interest in, even a grayshirt. spuat has proven they know LB recruiting. Their leftovers would likely be an upgrade for us.

wde

E one of the few times I disagree with you. I think we need 3 LB's unless some of the current ones show up. I agree that we have 8 which is enough depth if they were all performing but at this time there are only 2 or 3 that we can count on. Spring and fall practice could change that under new coaches. If a few more of the current ones show out. I will be more then willing to eat crow next year. Actually I will be ecstatic to eat crow next year if we see a dramatic improvement from our Linebackers next year.

We we don't know if they are showing out in practice or not. Your POV is assuming they are not doing well just because you have not seen them. I take a different route. I say since we'll have 8 some will logically progress enough to be quality contributers. One of us will be wrong & that is completely ok.

Collins would be a very nice add to our current WR group. A little different/bigger.

Nico is a Bama lean & did not even list AU in his top group in his most recent interview.

The DE from that school in Florida, that CB from Georgia, the fast receiver from that school with a tiger mascot in Southern Alabama and for extra credit, the rather large OT from Florida.

It is time for the Doc to take one last sip of Coke and focus on the task ahead with predicting the outcomes of any and all things of less importance than how many times a day the dairy cow in Tuscapoopsca poops.

Now I intend to sit down with the list of the top 300 football players and make my pre-predictions. My 61.8% accuracy will stand true with maybe an accuracy rate of 63.8%!!

One more thing folks.....What is a "Royal Rogue Booster"? Whatever it is I think I have a whole lot of it.!

Archived