Carson Griffis 2016 Walk on Athlete

Newbomb

Just watched the clip on Gus running down the class and at the end there were links to various clips one said Carson Griffis commits to Auburn. Looked like a kid that might play baseball. Turns out he was a HS QB and will be a walkon at Athlete. War Eagle to the young gentleman and good luck to him and any other walkon.... These kids get lost in all the hoopla of the big time recruits but they make the team better by being a part of it...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's nice to see.....and don't you just dream of some kid like that guy who was QB at Oklahoma this year....walked in and just took the job.

That's someone we could get excited about.

Maybe this is the guy?

Woooah!!!! In every aspect he appeared to be the most athletic kid on the field. Shifty, heady, dynamic. What a pickup that came in under the radar. I hope it translates because he looks impressive.

Woooah!!!! In every aspect he appeared to be the most athletic kid on the field. Shifty, heady, dynamic. What a pickup that came in under the radar. I hope it translates because he looks impressive.

arm strength not elite but awareness and instinct was awesome.

Dang that kid is quick. And I like the way he always continued to look down the field even when the protection broke down. I'm surprised he wasn't heavily recruited.

Don't hate me for this- he would do very well at Tech

Yep....expect he had offers from smaller schools with scholly....but sounds like he is where he wants to be and we did not even have to trick him with a grey shirt offer. :) Needs some time in the weight room and with a dietitian to get him ready.

Tyler Queen and the others will run circles around this kid... please Gus dont waste our time.

He is a walk on. Chill out.

Hope he stays on the diamond, and not between the hash marks. js

Why? He would be a great addition to our scout team at a minimum. He is an Auburn Tiger too so show him some support.

Hope he stays on the diamond, and not between the hash marks. js

Well....a kid at Clemson made his mark in the Championship game with people like you "behind" him. Hope he kicks ass and proves you wrong.

Yeah. People should never waste time on walk-on, undersized QB. *cough* Baker Mayfield *cough*

Mayfield is listed at 6'1"/6'2", 209/214.

And I welcome the young man and wish him well-- he's tough and a gamer. I do hope he hasn't stopped growing, though.

Archived