The Ifs, Ands and Buts of negative recruiting

creed

I want to applaud the AU coaching staff for putting together a solid class in the face of negative recruiting and people questioning his longevity at Auburn. This staff, in my opinion, did the best job of any team in the nation to bring in this class of young men. I personally believe CGM is here for a long time, and once that perception is translated to the naysayers, #1 ranked classes are in the future.

The defensive recruiting went really well. Other than signing a bunch of awesome WR's, the offensive recruiting could have and should gone a lot better

The defensive recruiting went really well. Other than signing a bunch of awesome WR's, the offensive recruiting could have and should gone a lot better

I am shocked and amazed!!!

If Auburn is in the top 10 every year in recruiting that is enough talent to win championships , I look at what needs were filled and who offered the talent that was signed and this class as well as last years is remarkable.

We got a really good DT QB the #1 FB who I think will be a great RB. A very highly ranked TE a couple of high ranked OL and all those WR's. Your right we should have done a lot better. Sorry the yellow font would not work.

And how should it have gone a lot better? OL i guess? where else did they fall short in your opinion?

Everything on O went well. We only wanted two O-Line because of last years class where we had a bumper class of very good O-Linemen we got those two. We needed a dual threay QB we got two dual Threat QB's, we needed a TE we got a a very well thought of TE and we needed an RB and we got a very solid RB. In case you forgot probably best group of receivers in the country. The only place we didn't get what we needed was we needed one more really good LB and that was on the D side of the ball. After team got Threat it seems that they wanted one more LB but only if that LB was a stud like Davis. I am hoping that is because they think some of the current LB's will step up or because they think they can land 2-3 stud LB's next year.

We'll need a good crop of LB's next year, and some RB's. But all in all, this was a great class targeting our areas of most need. Best in a pretty long time in that regard IMO.

There is almost 3 times the talent next recruiting class as this recently signed class.

That being said, I hope we come out and blow people away next season, so it will stop some of the antics UNC tried to use on NCM.

I really think this was the top DL and WR class we have ever signed and those were the greatest needs. I think a bunch of those guys will be on the field when we line up against Clemson.

There is almost 3 times the talent next recruiting class as this recently signed class.

That being said, I hope we come out and blow people away next season, so it will stop some of the antics UNC tried to use on NCM.

^^This^^

Pfffft.

"Other than a bunch of awesome WRs", otherwise known as the best WR class in the country this year. Literally four of the highest rated WRs gathered in one class I've seen. Yeah let's dismiss those as part of the offense. Then proceed to ignore (depending on which ratings you go with):

(2) 4-star QBs

(1) 4-star RB

(1) 4-star OT

(1) 4-star TE

(1) 3-star OL

I swear, for some around here we could have signed the Father, Son and Holy Spirit with Michael the Archangel thrown in for good measure and you'd complain that we let Gabriel get away.

This class will be a very special one and will help us win a lot of games down the road. I loved the 2015 class. They have already made a difference and will play an even bigger role next year. Gus and staff have done a supreme job with recruiting since he arrived.

I think Gus probably learned more this year about coaching that his previous seasons. I say this in that I think he knows now what he needs QB wise to run his offense to its maximum potential. Hiring Coach Hand I think was the best coaching hire he has made with regard to getting our offense back on track and return to the explosive offense we have grown to love. If we get the offense back to an average of 485 plus yards per game and keeping our defense under 340 yards per game average, we will win a lot of games and contend for SEC and National title.

Pfffft.

"Other than a bunch of awesome WRs", otherwise known as the best WR class in the country this year. Literally four of the highest rated WRs gathered in one class I've seen. Yeah let's dismiss those as part of the offense. Then proceed to ignore (depending on which ratings you go with):

(2) 4-star QBs

(1) 4-star RB

(1) 4-star OT

(1) 4-star TE

(1) 3-star OL

I swear, for some around here we could have signed the Father, Son and Holy Spirit with Michael the Archangel thrown in for good measure and you'd complain that we let Gabriel get away.

You forgot the angel in "Its a Wonderful Life" who got his wings!

MRLfi.gif

Being in the top 10 is great however, being #1 every year or every other year is what wins championships. Just ask the bammers. Like him or not, they know how to bring in classes that's either #1 or #2 every year. And it's because of great recruiting, they've won 4 national championships since they hired saban.

Being in the top 10 is great however, being #1 every year or every other year is what wins championships.

You just say whatever pops into your head, and believe it to be true because it popped into your head. What you just posted here isn't well-grounded in fact. You want to look at bammer only since Saban? Great! But you'd be shocked how many teams that win championships aren't teams that had the #1 class. AU in 2010. FSU in 2013. tOSU in 2014. That's three of the last five championships right there, and not a single #1 class amongst them in the year (or two or three years) prior to winning the national championship.

As far as bammer and their string of number one classes, all I can say is that last time there was a juggernaut signing one number one class after another, it was USC under Pete Carroll, and when Carroll left USC, the Trojans were put on probation. bammer's recruiting is an outlier. Make of that what you will. But the fact is that AU recruits well enough to compete for championships...even sharing the state with $aban and bammer.

Yep on the first part.

NCM trolled UNC.

Pfffft.

(2) 4-star QBs

(1) 4-star RB

(1) 4-star OT

(1) 4-star TE

(1) 3-star OL

People on here would of wanted him to walk on..

Pfffft.

(2) 4-star QBs

(1) 4-star RB

(1) 4-star OT

(1) 4-star TE

(1) 3-star OL

People on here would of wanted him to walk on..

I was just thinking how as soon as Michael committed to us he would've dropped from Archangel to Angel...

Yep on the first part.

NCM trolled UNC.

really?!?!

why do kids do this? it is completely unnecessary ... most of these coaches are genuinely trying to build a relationship with the recruit, aren't they? even if he told the unc coaches, it is unnecessary to troll the fan base ...

Yep on the first part.

NCM trolled UNC.

really?!?!

why do kids do this? it is completely unnecessary ... most of these coaches are genuinely trying to build a relationship with the recruit, aren't they? even if he told the unc coaches, it is unnecessary to troll the fan base ...

I think there are 2 major reasons kids troll in recruiting... and one stupid minor one. The major reasons are 1) they are going to the rival school and are getting egged on to do it, either by coaches, players, or fans and 2) they feel that one coach lied to them or did something that they didn't like and it's their form of revenge.

The stupid minor reason is that some kids just need to grow up and think it's funny.

Archived