AU signed #s 3,6,11 & 13

UA signed #s 1,2,4,5,15 & 19

UF signed #s 7,8 & 16

MSU signed #s 9 & 10

Louisville signed #s 17 & 20

USCw signed 14

USCe 18

# 12 unsigned

Naturally, you would like to get the top talent in the state but if they are big time talents I don't think it matters much where they come from, just make sure they don't have turnip for a head.

I'd really like someone to explain how the o sissys can out recruit Auburn. No way is Oxford which is nestled in about the most rednecked part of Mississippi which is about the most rednecked state in the south, be a better place to go to school than Auburn. Help me please.

I'd really like someone to explain how the o sissys can out recruit Auburn. No way is Oxford which is nestled in about the most rednecked part of Mississippi which is about the most rednecked state in the south, be a better place to go to school than Auburn. Help me please.

From what I've been able to read about it, they tend to score one big name due to things like family relationships, and then leverage that one name to bring in the rest of the class. Sounds like Auburn needs to start a program to help their alumni raise 5* football players.

Spider, you are dead on accurate about Ole Miss. I hate that school. Coach Freeze is a good coach, but there is so little that Ole Miss has going for it. Mississippi State should the dominate school of that state. I do think this Ole Miss upsurge is on its way out in the next few years. Watch Texas fire Strong at the end of 2016 and hire Freeze. I am not the only one who is thinking along these lines. When Freeze leaves, OM will be in the middle of a bunch NCAA rules that were broken and will wind up with scholarship losses and possible bowl game lost.

Those two players that went to MSU, #9 and 10 in the state, are both linebackers. I'm hoping this won't happen next year when we aren't having a big turnover in the defensive staff. As badly as we needed LB's in this class the idea of those two choosing MSU is rather depressing.

Those two players that went to MSU, #9 and 10 in the state, are both linebackers. I'm hoping this won't happen next year when we aren't having a big turnover in the defensive staff. As badly as we needed LB's in this class the idea of those two choosing MSU is rather depressing.

+1

+1

so you are not buying the idea that this is a bad year for talent in the state and we didn't want them? what a cynic.... :-\

Spider, you are dead on accurate about Ole Miss. I hate that school. Coach Freeze is a good coach, but there is so little that Ole Miss has going for it. Mississippi State should the dominate school of that state. I do think this Ole Miss upsurge is on its way out in the next few years. Watch Texas fire Strong at the end of 2016 and hire Freeze. I am not the only one who is thinking along these lines. When Freeze leaves, OM will be in the middle of a bunch NCAA rules that were broken and will wind up with scholarship losses and possible bowl game lost.

I'm as big of an Auburn fan as anyone else, and I agree they shouldn't be getting top-5 classes every year, but it's easy to see how they can out-pitch us when it comes to certain recruits. Ole Miss has got a really nice campus and the gameday atmosphere is top-10 in the country. The last 4 years they've gone 17-15 in the SEC while AU has been 13-19. Malzahn's seat is way hotter than Freeze's is, and from all reports Freeze is a hell of a recruiter. Plus they can pitch being the top program in state and not being overshadowed by Bama. And regardless of all that, they've just got a certain swagger about their entire program right now which is as important as anything else to a lot of these kids. And they've shown they can get players to the league.

Are they paying some guys? Yeah, probably, as are most SEC schools. Are they recruiting better than "Ole Miss" should? Yeah sure. But you've gotta have some seriously orange and blue tinted glasses to say that there's no way they could ever pull any recruits over us without dumping bags of cash at a recruit's door.

#7 was a linebacker from Hoover who signed with Florida. #17 was a linebacker from Montgomery who signed with Louisville. And there are more. I know they were mentioned here but did Auburn even offer any of these guys?

#7 was a linebacker from Hoover who signed with Florida. #17 was a linebacker from Montgomery who signed with Louisville. And there are more. I know they were mentioned here but did Auburn even offer any of these guys?

W/O looking them up I don't think so

LOL shoot from the hip, golf!

LOL shoot from the hip, golf!

Both hips are artificial titanium hips.............bone disease avascular narcros

Anyone seen a legit list of the Alabama top 20 and who they signed with.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=AL

And for those who may be curious, On paper this was the worst or 2nd worst year for in state talent in the last 16 years.

We can hope that CKS will be able to pull some lb's hopefully as soon as next year as he has had a relationship with instate recruits long enough to get them in especially with the depth chart. Although you were not overly happy with Frost or McK if they both get drafted that is gonna further help things. Recruits want to see results at the next level. I do like the guys coming up that were recruited last year. I also wish we would recruit the LB type that are football players. By that I mean they have a high football IQ, great tackling ability and a knack for finding the ball. They may not be the fastest or fit a certain height and weight, but they work harder and make plays. Not all star camp stars but when the pads are on they dominate. We gotta make sure we recruit LB's that live and breath football over the glory of being a football player

We've passed on two or three all sec players as well. I think we just have to do a better job evaluating as well

We've passed on two or three all sec players as well. I think we just have to do a better job evaluating as well

^This. I think we've aimed very high, missed, and not had good backup/second tier guys that we've fully evaluated and pursued hard. Bammer is killing it at LB recruiting and its self-perpetuating at this point. We need to score some guys that are maybe underrated but can ball (our current LB coach comes to mind) if we miss on those upper echelon players (who we still need to be going after).

^This. I think we've aimed very high, missed, and not had good backup/second tier guys that we've fully evaluated and pursued hard. Bammer is killing it at LB recruiting and its self-perpetuating at this point. We need to score some guys that are maybe underrated but can ball (our current LB coach comes to mind) if we miss on those upper echelon players (who we still need to be going after).

Agreed. Our LB recruiting should look more like our safety recruiting did in 2016. In on some big dogs, but also with some excellent fallback options. NNo trying to insult our safeties from this year's class at all. Very happy with them. That's the point.

All 5 of the top recruits in Florida left the state (24/7 is full of it putting B. Johnson @ #3, many had him #6 or lower). We got one of them (Nate) and Stove should be in the sunshine state top 10 IMO.

Archived