2017 4* OG Netori Johnson (UGA commit 4/19/16)

WarDamnEagleWDE

Sorry to hear that. I had thought from other posters that we were in the lead.

We were but he then visited UGA a lot lately & got the win.

Told the AU staff he was in. Was to commit a month ago at the JR camp. He didn't and the rest is history.

Yup! We gor Kirbyed

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there another Cam out there that we can get.

Not until 2018.

Joey is not Cam. He will have his size but he has to improve on his passing in high school as Cam did his last 2 high school years to show signs of being a comparison.

He has the most "Cam" potential of any QB we've seen in a while. He also appears to have a good head on his shoulders and the work ethic to make the improvements needed. Let's not forget, Cam was not Cam when he came out of high school. He was Tebow's back-up as a freshman and slated to either stay there, or be used in a 2 QB system as a sophomore.

Is there another Cam out there that we can get.

Not until 2018.

Joey is not Cam. He will have his size but he has to improve on his passing in high school as Cam did his last 2 high school years to show signs of being a comparison.

He has the most "Cam" potential of any QB we've seen in a while. He also appears to have a good head on his shoulders and the work ethic to make the improvements needed. Let's not forget, Cam was not Cam when he came out of high school. He was Tebow's back-up as a freshman and slated to either stay there, or be used in a 2 QB system as a sophomore.

True but my point Cam started making real progress in his Jr & Sr HS years as a passer. Joey is a very raw passer & will need to mirror Cam's progression as a passer in HS before we even think much less say things like "Not til 2018."

With Kirby and Saban leading our rivals and constantly telling these recruits about Gus being on the hot seat, we're going to struggle landing any early commits until we prove it on the field

With fans like ours(if they truly are), who needs to recruit negatively against us? We have our own supposed fans throwing our coaches under the proverbial "Gus Bus". Some on here are pathetic!

While I understand your point and see that there are cases to prove your point, it is hard to defend coaches who have regressed each year they were in place. And have the gall to prevent outside influences from aiding in the progression and improvement of players when the current coaches know that they are not capable of improving their players. Specifically Gus and Rhett with QBs.

All due respect, this is nonsense. Cam improved from the time he got here until he left. Same with Marshall. A gimpy Todd set all time school records. White hasn't been in college long enough yet. Which leaves you with one person, JJ, that fits your description and he's improved physically, his issue is mental. The percentages are all against your statement.

Hasn't been in college long enough yet??? So you're saying you don't critique players until their junior year?

With Kirby and Saban leading our rivals and constantly telling these recruits about Gus being on the hot seat, we're going to struggle landing any early commits until we prove it on the field

With fans like ours(if they truly are), who needs to recruit negatively against us? We have our own supposed fans throwing our coaches under the proverbial "Gus Bus". Some on here are pathetic!

While I understand your point and see that there are cases to prove your point, it is hard to defend coaches who have regressed each year they were in place. And have the gall to prevent outside influences from aiding in the progression and improvement of players when the current coaches know that they are not capable of improving their players. Specifically Gus and Rhett with QBs.

All due respect, this is nonsense. Cam improved from the time he got here until he left. Same with Marshall. A gimpy Todd set all time school records. White hasn't been in college long enough yet. Which leaves you with one person, JJ, that fits your description and he's improved physically, his issue is mental. The percentages are all against your statement.

Hasn't been in college long enough yet??? So you're saying you don't critique players until their junior year?

Im with you, Cole. Not to mention, Nick's improvement was marginal.

Johnson's problem is mental, thats the point. When we talk about quarterback development, that's 90% of it. I'll give some grace to Gus in that, apparently Johnson had never shown those traits until the Louisville game, but by the same token it's also concerning that it wasn't diagnosed earlier. I don't think Cam or Todd are good case studies on development because they were only with Gus for a year.

That's not at all what I said. But then, you already knew that. Another case of you putting words into someone else's mouth and then arguing about something they never said.

You said white hasn't been in college long enough yet. This is his third year. And if you actually look I asked you a question....But you just keep on saying your biased statements and running off with this little made up thing you say about me. Just know when I see them I'll call you out for it and ask for an explanation

You said white hasn't been in college long enough yet. This is his third year. And if you actually look I asked you a question....But you just keep on saying your biased statements and running off with this little made up thing you say about me. Just know when I see them I'll call you out for it and ask for an explanation

I'm not the only one that has pointed out your gimmick of putting words in other's mouths and then arguing over what they didn't say. I once knew a woman that had been married four times. She told me " I've got to admit the problem might be me." Maybe it's time for you to have that talk with yourself.

Is there a reason he is still on our recruiting thread since he has committed to the dawgs

I'm not the only one that has pointed out your gimmick of putting words in other's mouths and then arguing over what they didn't say. I once knew a woman that had been married four times. She told me " I've got to admit the problem might be me." Maybe it's time for you to have that talk with yourself.

I noticed how you didn't address the statement haven't been in college long enough and what that means if this is his third year.....But ok lol

Is there a reason he is still on our recruiting thread since he has committed to the dawgs

Good question and thought I saw about a week ago that AU and UAT were both off his list....so this does not seem like earth shaking news.

Wishing him well...

Good question and thought I saw about a week ago that AU and UAT were both off his list....so this does not seem like earth shaking news.

Wishing him well...

Could be mistaken, but I believe E moves guys when he knows the coaches have stopped recruiting them. We're pretty early in the process to write off a kid just because he "committed".

Wishing him well...

Could be mistaken, but I believe E moves guys when he knows the coaches have stopped recruiting them. We're pretty early in the process to write off a kid just because he "committed".

Yep. We are still recruiting him hard & will make multiple visits to AU including BCW which is set for June 4th this year.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, corchjay said:

Sounds like AU is about to turn the heat back up on Netori.  Any inside info out there?  Flip watch?

I just read an interview Keith did with him. It sounds like it will be very hard for Auburn to get a flip here.

Archived