2017 4* CB Tre Shaw (UNC 7/18/16)

The Plainsman

Wow! Watched his video. This kid has a great highlight tape. He is a solid football player and is not afraid to have contact. I hope we get him.

Wow! Watched his video. This kid has a great highlight tape. He is a solid football player and is not afraid to have contact. I hope we get him.

I agree. This kid is a player for sure. Based on the profile attached by Tivo above, He appears warm to AU and cool with all others. At this early stage we are looking good I assume.

An early Doc prediction.......He will sign with us for 2017. New lottery numbers 43,27,13,31,6 pb# 41

At last report the Rebs were trending. That was before yesterday though.

The Black Bears are in for a bit of a slide. Told there is more to come.

Gotta admit this, I sort of hope so.

An early Doc prediction.......He will sign with us for 2017. New lottery numbers 43,27,13,31,6 pb# 41

Powerball number range is 1-26 so your odds might suffer a bit by playing those numbers.

• 1 month later...

Lot's of chatter about this kid and AU. No inside info just reading other sites.

Keith just posted he's not a top target for AU.

Lot's of chatter about this kid and AU. No inside info just reading other sites.

Why would someone close to the program post that a kid is not a top target? If they post that and a kid reads it, would that not just be a slap in the face? Seems like this is bad for recruiting. Or maybe I'm reading too much in to it.

Not trying to start a argument just a question I had.

Why would someone close to the program post that a kid is not a top target? If they post that and a kid reads it, would that not just be a slap in the face? Seems like this is bad for recruiting. Or maybe I'm reading too much in to it.

You are. Keith covers AU recruiting & it's his job to get the info & post things like top or low targets for AU when he has it. He is not close to the program as in a booster or employee so there is not the tie like you are thinking.

I totally get what you are saying and agree that I'd rather not see that out there even if the info is true. Doesn't do anyone any good IMO.

I totally get what you are saying and agree that I'd rather not see that out there even if the info is true. Doesn't do anyone any good IMO.

It pissed off Mack Wilson last year.

He pissed off our staff as well as a few others. That's what happens when you recruit for bama on your trips to their schools

Good. Mack Wilson is a POS. Reason only UF and uat were his only commitable offers.

Good. Mack Wilson is a POS. Reason only UF and uat were his only commitable offers.

^This^

Conflicting info on Tre. Keith said in a free post the other day that Tre was not a top target. Well Tre said this to al.com a couplw of days ago. Link

When I first got my offer they were the only school that really kept in touch with me, even through the (defensive) coaching change," Shaw said. "Coach (Wesley) McGriff has stayed in contact with me. I talk to him every day... They're the only school that's been hitting me up, really.

I, and probably most on here, have followed recruiting enough to know that when a coach or staff is in touch w/ a recruit every day it means the recruit is a top target most of the time, especially this early in the cycle. If Tre was being straight up, & there is no reason to think he wasn't, my guess is Keith's source is off here & that's ok. I would have liked to see Keith interview Tre & get a vibe & ask questions himself about Tre's communication w/ AU & visit plans though.

Conflicting info on Tre. Keith said in a free post the other day that Tre was not a top target. Well Tre said this to al.com a couplw of days ago. Link

When I first got my offer they were the only school that really kept in touch with me, even through the (defensive) coaching change," Shaw said. "Coach (Wesley) McGriff has stayed in contact with me. I talk to him every day... They're the only school that's been hitting me up, really.

I, and probably most on here, have followed recruiting enough to know that when a coach or staff is in touch w/ a recruit every day it means the recruit is a top target most of the time, especially this early in the cycle. If Tre was being straight up, & there is no reason to think he wasn't, my guess is Keith's source is off here & that's ok. I would have liked to see Keith interview Tre & get a vibe & ask questions himself about Tre's communication w/ AU & visit plans though.

Who knows.

• 3 months later...

Archived