Kevin Greene

Gibson SG

Congrats Kevin Greene on being elected into the NFL Hall of Fame!!

If your name was Cam you would have lasted more than 3 minutes in the football forum for such a great accomplishment, lol

Another Auburn great who also happens to be a Steeler/Panther enters the Hall. Kevin was a great pass rusher and overall leader with my Steelers. He and Greg Lloyd, along with Levon Kirkland, played an important role in helping the Steelers make it to the Super Bowl in 95. Kevin also laid the foundation (along with Sam Mills) for Carolina and their defense.

Great day to be a Tiger. Cam is MVP and KG is headed to the hall. Auburn becomes the first school to have the MVP of both professional baseball and football in the same season.

I'm also a huge Steelers fan, and Kevin was one of the guys I really pulled for.

War Damn Eagle! Well deserved.

War Eagle! Much deserved #itsabouttime!

ETA: Great quote from Kevin here:

“What prepared me for the NFL was the work ethic and hard-nosed, ass-kicking football I learned under Pat Dye,” Greene said. “What we went through in the spring was so violent and intense and physical. It was evident a couple of days into my first NFL training camp that I was rocking people’s worlds because Pat Dye had us moving at another level and hitting at another level.”

Now it's time for him to come home and be a bigger part of the program! I'd love to see him involved in any form or fashion with our football team. His energy on and off the field to excel is unmatched and saw him coach up Willie Whitehead in the 90's. I believe Willie would say his relationship with Kevin allowed him to reach another gear in preparation to play for sure! God Bless Auburn!

“What prepared me for the NFL was the work ethic and hard-nosed, ass-kicking football I learned under Pat Dye,” Greene said. “What we went through in the spring was so violent and intense and physical. It was evident a couple of days into my first NFL training camp that I was rocking people’s worlds because Pat Dye had us moving at another level and hitting at another level.”

Thats a great quote! It's easy for some folks to make Coach Dye a punching bag and the butt of jokes and ridicule. Some forget just how awesome and important CPD was in his prime.

Thats a great quote! It's easy for some folks to make Coach Dye a punching bag and the butt of jokes and ridicule. Some forget just how awesome and important CPD was in his prime.

I know KG was being discussed for an off the field role. His attitude that he brings up here...the ass-kicking in practices, sure would be a welcome sight in our D. Anyone know if he will be one of the off field staff expected to be named soon?

Kudos to whomever moved this back to the football forum. This is only the 2nd former AU player to EVER be inducted in the NFL HOF, pretty big deal.

Kudos to whomever moved this back to the football forum. This is only the 2nd former AU player to EVER be inducted in the NFL HOF, pretty big deal.

Agree, a big War Eagle to the Mod who corrected this.

Congrats to KG!!! Man I sure hope he can join the AU coaching staff and help rebuild the LB core.

Agree, a big War Eagle to the Mod who corrected this.

I bet it was golf. Big Steelers fan, and I think he might also support Auburn. Just guessing. 50/50 chance.

Need spring practices like this to return to the Plains. Coach Dye was not only a football coach but also a teacher of the game. Wish we had a clone of him now at Auburn.

Archived