CAP is inactive for Super Bowl

around4ever

Cameron Artis-Payne was inactive for the NFC Championship and will be again today. Too bad for him. #WDE

He will still get a ring won't he? Played off and on during the season....that should qualify him.

I thought he was inactive because the "starter" was back and healthy again. either way, he will definitely get a ring, and deservedly so.

I thought he was inactive because the "starter" was back and healthy again. either way, he will definitely get a ring, and deservedly so.

Yep....he covered for Stewart for a few games but Stewart is healthy and I expect they used CAP's roster spot for another defensive player since Davis is questionable with the broken arm.

Cameron Artis-Payne was inactive for the NFC Championship and will be again today. Too bad for him. #WDE

He will still get a ring won't he? Played off and on during the season....that should qualify him.

He'll get a ring.

They need to expand the active roster to 55 for every game in my opinion.

Should have kept CAP and put 2-fumble Tolbert on the inactive list!

The play where the replay both failed to overturn a legitimate catch; I turned to my wife and told her that the game for all intent was over. It became crystal clear at that moment that the Panthers were playing against 2 foes; the refs and the Broncos.

I turned the game off and went and watched the Western channel until the game ended. I hate being cynical, but it was what it was, and the Panthers were playing on one of the worst balanced playing fields I have ever witnessed in any Super Bowl since the mid 60s when I started watching the game. I hope that the league will fine the officiating crew some serious $$$$$$$ and never let them officiate another super bowl.

The playing surface was an embarrassment and the NFL knew it a few weeks ago and was not ablet to get a good sod field in place.

Hard to believe those were the best officials the NFL has to offer....worse than SEC officials and I agree with Doc on that challenged pass....turning point of the game right there in the first quarter. ...or maybe it was the FG that hit the upright. JMO but both Panther's kickers will be gone next season.

The play where the replay both failed to overturn a legitimate catch; I turned to my wife and told her that the game for all intent was over. It became crystal clear at that moment that the Panthers were playing against 2 foes; the refs and the Broncos.

I turned the game off and went and watched the Western channel until the game ended. I hate being cynical, but it was what it was, and the Panthers were playing on one of the worst balanced playing fields I have ever witnessed in any Super Bowl since the mid 60s when I started watching the game. I hope that the league will fine the officiating crew some serious $$$$$$$ and never let them officiate another super bowl.

Don't stress doc, I created a perfect thread for you to chill out in when needed. There are several others here who will fit roght in there as well.

As a lifelong Panthers fan I was devastated (well, as devastated as a sports loss can make one feel). Tolbert hadn't fumbled since 2011. He fumbled twice. The entire night it felt like the bounces were going Denver's way, the refs were giving a Broncos level slant towards the calls, and the mojo was all for Denver it seemed. In spite of this, Carolina's D played great and put the offense in position to win the game. It just wasn't Carolina's night. That Denver D is ferocious and Carolina's OL had no answer coupled with the exposing of the WR unit. I had never seen Cam get hit like that. I didn't have a good feeling when the narrative changed on Carolina from every single week of the season as "they aren't that good" to praised non-stop.

*sigh*

As a lifelong Panthers fan I was devastated (well, as devastated as a sports loss can make one feel). Tolbert hadn't fumbled since 2011. He fumbled twice. The entire night it felt like the bounces were going Denver's way, the refs were giving a Broncos level slant towards the calls, and the mojo was all for Denver it seemed. In spite of this, Carolina's D played great and put the offense in position to win the game. It just wasn't Carolina's night. That Denver D is ferocious and Carolina's OL had no answer coupled with the exposing of the WR unit. I had never seen Cam get hit like that. I didn't have a good feeling when the narrative changed on Carolina from every single week of the season as "they aren't that good" to praised non-stop.

*sigh*

That kick hitting the upright honestly gave me the worst feeling of anything. Like you said, that was when I felt like Carolina wasn't going to catch a single break. Same way it was both times Denver played New England, oddly enough.

The cosmos aligned to get Peyton his ring.

*sigh*

That kick hitting the upright honestly gave me the worst feeling of anything. Like you said, that was when I felt like Carolina wasn't going to catch a single break. Same way it was both times Denver played New England, oddly enough.

The cosmos aligned to get Peyton his ring.

Yup...ugh that kick!!

CAP might have helped cause a banged up Stewart was useless.

It was the OL that was useless. Adrian Peterson would've had a similar stat line

Archived