2017 4* LB Tadarian "TD" Moultry signs with AU (Updated)

WarDamnEagleWDE

I guess it was Atchison who, if I remember correctly, was from the same HS as Jamal Lewis. While not a 5 star he was our LB recruit and thought he was going to be the man. Bama had all those others and he took him from us just for the heck of it. You have to think some would have panned out for us but who knows, pure speculation.

Edited by lala

Every time I come on this site Cole is arguing with somebody!! What's that about?

Every time I come on this site Cole is arguing with somebody!! What's that about?

Just how Cole & I roll sometimes but it's all in fun for us.

Free Read

T.D. Moultry named Auburn his No. 1 school following his Junior Day visit Feb. 20, but Alabama became a co-leader when he stopped by Tuscaloosa the following weekend.

Moultry was back in Auburn Saturday, and the visit prompted yet another adjustment.

"It changes," said the 6-foot-3, 224-pound linebacker at Jackson-Olin. "But Auburn's still at the top."

During his stay on the Plains Moultry watched Auburn's first practice in pads and came away impressed with new linebackers coach Travis Williams. He said he talks to Williams about three times a week and like the family atmosphere at Auburn.

"I'm a family dude," Moultry said. "I love them because they treat me like family, and I want to be like family to them."

As for Alabama?

"They don't tell me much," he said. "But what I see, it's like business."

Moultry has not decided whether he'll attend Auburn's A-Day game next month. He plans to visit Mississippi State next, but doesn't have a date set.

The tug-o-war between Auburn and Alabama could intensify even more, as Moultry has no timetable for a decision.

"I haven't decided yet," he said. "I'm just experiencing right now."

Moultry is ranked as a four-star prospect and the No. 9 inside linebacker in the 247Sports Composite.

I guess it was Atchison who, if I remember correctly, was from the same HS as Jamal Lewis. While not a 5 star he was our LB recruit and thought he was going to be the man. Bama had all those others and he took him from us just for the heck of it. You have to think some would have panned out for us but who knows, pure speculation.

No, they don't take them "just for the heck of it". They, more so than many other schools, realize that the rate of linebackers not performing up to expectations is very high. They sign enough so that when a couple under perform they have others waiting to plug in the gaps.

What we've been doing is signing a very few and if they can't make the plays we're just stuck with just putting 'em on the field anyway.

No, they don't take them "just for the heck of it". They, more so than many other schools, realize that the rate of linebackers not performing up to expectations is very high. They sign enough so that when a couple under perform they have others waiting to plug in the gaps.

Plus they signed more & bigger LBs out of necessity. Most of their D in the Saban era was in the 3-4 which requires more and bigger LBs since they were only using 3 DL on muot plays. Edited by ellitor

Plus they signed more & bigger LBs out of necessity. Most of their D in the Saban era was in the 3-4 which requires more and bigger LBs since they were only using 3 DL on must plays.

So it's a numbers thing and as a result you are saying that they signed only 3/4 as many DL as we did but signed 1&1/3 as many LB? Seems more like they sign at least twice as many LB as we have been signing but I haven't been counting bammer noses. What I do know is that if they are signing fewer DL than we are that's not hurting them as much as our shortcomings at LB are hurting us.

Nice try though

Free Read

T.D. Moultry named Auburn his No. 1 school following his Junior Day visit Feb. 20, but Alabama became a co-leader when he stopped by Tuscaloosa the following weekend.

Moultry was back in Auburn Saturday, and the visit prompted yet another adjustment.

"It changes," said the 6-foot-3, 224-pound linebacker at Jackson-Olin. "But Auburn's still at the top."

During his stay on the Plains Moultry watched Auburn's first practice in pads and came away impressed with new linebackers coach Travis Williams. He said he talks to Williams about three times a week and like the family atmosphere at Auburn.

"I'm a family dude," Moultry said. "I love them because they treat me like family, and I want to be like family to them."

As for Alabama?

"They don't tell me much," he said. "But what I see, it's like business."

Moultry has not decided whether he'll attend Auburn's A-Day game next month. He plans to visit Mississippi State next, but doesn't have a date set.

The tug-o-war between Auburn and Alabama could intensify even more, as Moultry has no timetable for a decision.

"I haven't decided yet," he said. "I'm just experiencing right now."

Moultry is ranked as a four-star prospect and the No. 9 inside linebacker in the 247Sports Composite.

Nice update. Thanks for posting E.

New scout article says TD Moultry no longer has a leader and will not be committing anytime soon. The UGA offer that he received the other day opened his recruitment back up.

New scout article says TD Moultry no longer has a leader and will not be committing anytime soon. The UGA offer that he received the other day opened his recruitment back up.

No. Some of his family wanting him at Bama has "opened things back up."

Hopefully that someone isn't his mother or father?

Don't know the who yet.

Don't know the who yet.

Just look for the one driving a new car or with a cushy new job :)

Don't know the who yet.

Just look for the one driving a new car or with a cushy new job :)/>

Ah,

"'Cruitin!"

Don't know the who yet.

That won't happen here. If uat gets TD it will be legit. I can say this with 100% confidence. His mom loves AU. Most everyone else is uat. This is is a toss up right now.

uga really isn't a threat. Could be in the future. More and more offers are rolling in for TD

Don't know the who yet.

That won't happen here. If uat gets TD it will be legit. I can say this with 100% confidence. His mom loves AU. Most everyone else is uat. This is is a toss up right now.

uga really isn't a threat. Could be in the future. More and more offers are rolling in for TD

You know what they say, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." Come on Mom!

Don't know the who yet.

If it's a toss up, he goes to UAT.

Imo.

Don't know the who yet.

If it's a toss up, he goes to UAT.

Imo.

I would not say this is the case. I still say TD to AU. Just not as confident as I use to be.

Keith just picked TD to Bama. Basically citing most of the family are Bama supporters as WDE mentioned earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

AU still leads after yet another visit to AU

Auburn continues to lead for Jackson-Olin four-star linebacker Tadarian Moultry after the top target returned to the Plains again on Thursday.

AUBURN, Ala. | Tadarian Moultry had an invitation to visit Auburn Thursday, but he didn’t have enough time for a full-day visit.

That didn’t matter to Moultry. His answer to the invitation was simple.

“I’m coming,” Moultry said. “Anytime they invite me, I will be here.”

Moultry, who is ranked the No. 16 outside linebacker in 2017, arrived in Auburn around 11 a.m. CT and stayed for a little more than three hours. The majority of the time was spent with linebackers coach Travis Williams and defensive coordinator Kevin Steele.

“It was another great visit,” Moultry said. “I’ve been to Auburn at least a dozen times and I feel real comfortable here. It feels like family and it did again today.”

Moultry spent time in the film room with Williams during the visit. Oxford linebackerK.J. Britt, who also was in Auburn on a visit, joined them.

“Coach T-Will went over plays and showed us stuff they do like different coverages,” Moultry said. “He made it seem real easy to learn. He also showed us how he would put me at the ‘Money’ position and K.J. at the ‘Mike.’”

Moultry and Britt, although from different parts of the state, have expressed interest in attending the same college. Moultry’s intentions didn’t change after Thursday’s visit, and neither did Britt’s.

“It’s really, really important to us,” Moultry said of playing together in college. “We really want to go to the same school.”

Moultry and Britt have a lot of similar traits and things in common, but being a top linebacker recruit is only one of them. Respect, mutual respect, is another.

“We talk everyday,” Moultry said. “He’s a good man and I’m a good man. He’s a smart kid and I’m a smart kid. K.J. is athletic and I think he’s the best middle linebacker in the country. No dis to whoever is No. 1 right now, but I think K.J. is the best. He’s good people and he’s spiritual and a great player. He’s just a good person to be around.”

Should Moultry and Britt decide to sign with Auburn, Williams, the Tigers’ first-year linebackers coach, would be a big reason. Moultry’s relationship continues to strengthen with Williams. Today’s visit only helped.

“We talk everyday,” Moultry said. “And I like that I have that bond with him. That is very important to me to have that bond with my position coach. The more me and T-Will talk and see each other, the more our bond grows, and the better I feel.”

Moultry continues to feel favorable toward Auburn. He grew up an Alabama fan, but named the Tigers his top school following a visit earlier in the spring.

Nothing has changed. Moultry remains high on Auburn, and it helps that his mother, Lakisha Moultry, and longtime girlfriend, Zaebriere Boykin, feel the same way.

“Auburn is still on top,” Moultry said. “I really like it at Auburn. My mom loves it at Auburn and my girl loves it at Auburn. That’s very important to me because they are big parts of my life. It’s important that they love it because if I feel comfortable with it, but they don’t, I know something is wrong.

Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss, Georgia and Mississippi State make up Moultry’s top five. He plans to announce a commitment around August 11.

“Wherever I feel comfortable is where I’m going to go,” Moultry said.

It doesn’t hurt that Britt also is high on Auburn.

Highlighted stuff I did not know before or thought was interesting.

Edited by ellitor

In case you don't read the whole write up E attached above, KJ Britt was with TD today. TD says he speaks to KJ every single day. They actually sound like terrific kids. Hope we get both.

In case you don't read the whole write up E attached above, KJ Britt was with TD today. TD says he speaks to KJ every single day. They actually sound like terrific kids. Hope we get both.

TD road with the Britt's to AU. Both TD and Britt have become great friend.