Is ISIS Contained?

Proud Tiger

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only the most ideological among us would start a thread like this. One small point. Those gains in Nigeria is from Boko Haram...not Daesh.

Daesh is contained within the context Obama said. No number of idiotic threads will change that. Sorry. It won't.

Only the most ideological among us would start a thread like this. One small point. Those gains in Nigeria is from Boko Haram...not Daesh.

Daesh is contained within the context Obama said. No number of idiotic threads will change that. Sorry. It won't.

So let's broaden the topic to include the general spread of terrorism. Only those among us who think terrorism isn't spreading and getting more dangerous would make a post like this.

So let's broaden the topic to include the general spread of terrorism. Only those among us who think terrorism isn't spreading and getting more dangerous would make a post like this.

Translation...AUUSN was right so let me move the narrative...

AUUSN is right? Classic symptom of a narcissist. No .....correct translation is you can't bring yourself to face the reality of how big the terrorist threat is. You are just in denial.Just another post off topic.

AUUSN is right? Classic symptom of a narcissist. No .....correct translation is you can't bring yourself to face the reality of how big the terrorist threat is. You are just in denial.Just another post off topic.

Every morning I sit in on a TS-SCI brief so I know the terrorist threat skippy. I'm not going to let your idiotic fearmongering go unchecked. Only reason you care is to bash Obama.

Every morning I sit in on a TS-SCI brief so I know the terrorist threat skippy. I'm not going to let your idiotic fearmongering go unchecked. Only reason you care is to bash Obama.

Wow sonny I'm impressed. If you knew half as much as you think you do YOU would be dangerous. Just more narcissism. Where in this thread have I mentioned Obama. He is your boy not mine. Looks to me like you are the only one who has said "Obama: in this thread......twice.

Wow sonny I'm impressed. If you knew half as much as you think you do YOU would be dangerous. Just more narcissism. Where in this thread have I mentioned Obama. He is your boy not mine. Looks to me like you are the only one who has said "Obama: in this thread......twice.

Read. Your. Link.

Read. Your. Link.

The link is an article....NOT written by me. No where in one of my posts have I mentioned your boy. AUUSN.....wrong again.

But desperately trying to get you back on topic......do you think terrorism is more contained today than just a year ago?

If ignoring Islamic terrorism is a commentary against Obama , then so be it. HE called them the JV team, after all .

Read. Your. Link.

The link is an article....NOT written by me. No where in one of my posts have I mentioned your boy. AUUSN.....wrong again.

But desperately trying to get you back on topic......do you think terrorism is more contained today than just a year ago?

That's pretty weak. :no:

Read. Your. Link.

You used the word 'contained' in your thread title; the new canard of the extreme righties. You meant Obama when you started this thread. To admit otherwise makes you a liar.

Read. Your. Link.

You used the word 'contained' in your thread title; the new canard of the extreme righties. You meant Obama when you started this thread. To admit otherwise makes you a liar.

I'm really impressed you have ESP and know what I meant. My thread was a question not a statement. Why won't you answer the question I asked you in post #12 above. You might also consider quitting to sling insults and name calling. Your character is on display for all to see.

That's pretty accurate

Right.

He posts an article from "Conservative Review" in which the first two words are "President Obama", and then claims he's not talking about Obama. :-\

You have a lot in common with PT.

That's pretty accurate

Right.

He posts an article from "Conservative Review" in which the first two words are "President Obama", and then claims he's not talking about Obama. :-\

You have a lot in common with PT.

Is ISIS and terrorism around the world contained or more widespread than a year ago? That is what the thread is about not your yada yada. Your answer is....?

I'm really impressed you have ESP and know what I meant. My thread was a question not a statement. Why won't you answer the question I asked you in post #12 above. You might also consider quitting to sling insults and name calling. Your character is on display for all to see.

The very first sentence in the article you posted was: President Obama has said that ISIS is "contained."

Do you really think it requires ESP to surmise that you were hanging this issue on Obama?

The very first sentence in the article you posted was: President Obama has said that ISIS is "contained."

Do you really think it requires ESP to surmise that you were hanging this issue on Obama?

You should probably just change the name of this sub-forum from Politically Speaking to Speaking of Obama.

That absolutely was not my intent. I think you know me well enough to know that if i want to bash Obama I don't need an article by someone else to do it. It will likely be in the thread title. My intent was to show the map of ISIS spreading. I thought that was interesting. However, as I recall, it was the POTUS who said awhile back ISIS was contained. So think what ever you want but thanks for responding without insults.

That absolutely was not my intent. My intent was to show the map of ISIS spreading. I thought that was interesting. However, as I recall, it was the POTUS who said awhile back ISIS was contained. So think what ever you want but thanks for responding without insults.

Ok, I'll accept that response on its face, giving you the benefit of the doubt. But as AUUSN pointed out:

One small point. Those gains in Nigeria is from Boko Haram...not Daesh.

Daesh is contained within the context Obama said.

So it seems to me that rather than expand the argument to include areas of the world not controlled by Daesh, that it would be preferable to answer whether it is contained within the area that Obama stated. The argument about Boko Haram or whoever is a separate thing, and Obama never made any comments about the state of things with those groups.

That absolutely was not my intent. My intent was to show the map of ISIS spreading. I thought that was interesting. However, as I recall, it was the POTUS who said awhile back ISIS was contained. So think what ever you want but thanks for responding without insults.

Ok, I'll accept that response on its face, giving you the benefit of the doubt. But as AUUSN pointed out:

So it seems to me that rather than expand the argument to include areas of the world not controlled by Daesh, that it would be preferable to answer whether it is contained within the area that Obama stated. The argument about Boko Haram or whoever is a separate thing, and Obama never made any comments about the state of things with those groups.

OK fine. The map in the link was limited to ISIS and I didn't initiate mention of the others. So I will limit my question to you and others.....do you think ISIS is contained more than it was a year ago. I would also note....AUUSN could be civil as you are being without calling me a liar.

OK fine. The map in the link was limited to ISIS and I didn't initiate mention of the others. So I will limit my question to you and others.....do you think ISIS is contained more than it was a year ago. I would also note....AUUSN could be civil as you are being with calling me a liar.

I'm not getting into that. He felt you were being disingenuous by denying this was finger pointing at Obama. And I pointed out why it was perfectly reasonable to connect those dots based on the very first line of the article you posted along with your thread title. But it's neither here or there at this point.

To your Daesh question, there was a link that ICHY posted that seemed to indicate that it is: http://news.yahoo.com/isis-forced-cut-fighters-pay-50-percent-because-114922946.html

I'm not versed enough to say for sure, but it doesn't seem to be expanded beyond what Obama has stated given the context of his remarks.

Archived