Auburn FB games with horrible officiating

doc4aday

I thought that this would be an interesting topic in that I am sure many of you can recollect these games over the years of watching Auburn football games. I have my own, but wanted to see what others can bring to the discussion table.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey mods, please delete one of these posts I made. For whatever reason, it came back and told me that I did not have permission to do this.

Well, if you are like a lot of the people I watch the games with then, [insert list of every game we've ever lost]

True statement. However, I have seen poorly called games that we won. There are those games that stick like a sore thumb where we knew we were facing 2 opponents in that particular game (the opposition and the refs. Last night's game is one of those blatantly obvious games)

Well, if you are like a lot of the people I watch the games with then, [insert list of every game we've ever lost]

I'm going to kick myself for allowing this thread to show up in My Content, but that is freaking hilarious. Hahahahaha

Too many to count but this years Iron Bowl was beyond bad.

Well any Alabama game with Nick Saban at the helm. Think they pay the refs...

They don't pay the refs... but the coordinator for referees in the SEC just happens to be a bama grad. How anyone thought that was a good idea is beyond me.

One of mine would be the 1994 Auburn vs. Georgia. In an even worse called games would be the Iron Bowl in 1994. Patrick Nix had obviously made the first down, and the refs let bammer have the ball being that it was a 4th down play. I will never forget how upset Nix was and rightfully so. Don't forget the 1967 Iron Bowl when the snake went out of bounds and came back in to with the game 7-3. With today's technology, the replay booth would have had no choice but to call the TD back, and allowing Auburn the victory that was rightfully ours and not the turds.

Geez doc not calling you out but the 94 play was a pass to I think Frank Sanders that was ruled short and the 67 Stabler run was a no call hold on Yearout. Shug even talked about it in his Sunday replay show. I've never heard that Stabler was out of bounds.

Geez doc not calling you out but the 94 play was a pass to I think Frank Sanders that was ruled short and the 67 Stabler run was a no call hold on Yearout. Shug even talked about it in his Sunday replay show. I've never heard that Stabler was out of bounds.

Just go with it...

One of mine would be the 1994 Auburn vs. Georgia. In an even worse called games would be the Iron Bowl in 1994. Patrick Nix had obviously made the first down, and the refs let bammer have the ball being that it was a 4th down play. I will never forget how upset Nix was and rightfully so. Don't forget the 1967 Iron Bowl when the snake went out of bounds and came back in to with the game 7-3. With today's technology, the replay booth would have had no choice but to call the TD back, and allowing Auburn the victory that was rightfully ours and not the turds.

I was at the 67 iron bowl. The worst thing on the Stabler run was Gusty Yearout would have easily got him for little or no gain but he was tackled from behind by a Bammer lineman. An official was looking right at it and didn't call it. It remember it was raining so hard you couldn't hardly tell where the sideline was from the stands but one official was right on it and he should have seen him go out if he did. Then in 74 there was the "Gossom Incident " where they called him out of bounds when he wasn't. We were screwed out of both those games by the home cooking of the Bammer officials.

I was at the 67 iron bowl. The worst thing on the Stabler run was Gusty Yearout would have easily got him for little or no gain but he was tackled from behind by a Bammer lineman. An official was looking right at it and didn't call it. It remember it was raining so hard you couldn't hardly tell where the sideline was from the stands but one official was right on it and he should have seen him go out if he did. Then in 74 there was the "Gossom Incident " where they called him out of bounds when he wasn't. We were screwed out of both those games by the home cooking of the Bammer officials.

Was at that game here's the run in the mud

I think it was in 1991, we played Vandy in Nashville and there was a fumble and a huge pile up. While the officials were trying to unpile the players, Frank Sanders comes out of the pile with the football. He walks up and hands it to a zebra, who promptly gives possession to Vandy. Worst call ever. As far as bama games, the worst was the 2009 game when they ran obvious pick plays on third and eight twice in their final drive and neither was called.

Oh, and lets don't forget the Georgia game where we were down on the goal line with 19 seconds to go, snapped the ball, didn't score, and the officials just let them lay on our guys with clock running until it ran out. I cant remember the year.

I thought that this would be an interesting topic in that I am sure many of you can recollect these games over the years of watching Auburn football games. I have my own, but wanted to see what others can bring to the discussion table.

AU football game with horrible officiating = any game AU played that was officiated by SEC refs.

67 Iron Bowl. A book was written by a bama grad, (don't remember the name of the book). In the book it described the play and the OL in question came to the sidelines crying. When asked why he was crying he admitted he had tackled Gusty Yearout. I know this is true because I read it. Although I don't remember the name of the book it was written by Tommy Ford, bama fan but a really nice guy.

This year's Iron Bowl and last year's Fail State game were particular terrible. Still can't get over that OPI on Sammie that cost us the game I believe.

I think it was in 1991, we played Vandy in Nashville and there was a fumble and a huge pile up. While the officials were trying to unpile the players, Frank Sanders comes out of the pile with the football. He walks up and hands it to a zebra, who promptly gives possession to Vandy. Worst call ever. As far as bama games, the worst was the 2009 game when they ran obvious pick plays on third and eight twice in their final drive and neither was called.

What Vandy game was it when they gave Vandy a TD on a pass that hit 5 yards out of the endzone and was never caughtby their receiver?

One of mine would be the 1994 Auburn vs. Georgia. In an even worse called games would be the Iron Bowl in 1994. Patrick Nix had obviously made the first down, and the refs let bammer have the ball being that it was a 4th down play. I will never forget how upset Nix was and rightfully so.

1994 Georgia is my all-time worst memory of an AU game because it ended a 20-game winning streak AND we had them by 14 points AT HOME in the 4th Q, but I don't recall any bad calls. That could be because I can't stomach watching it again.

1994 bammer was indeed a horrible call. Sanders CLEARLY made it to the 39-yard line. Refs marked him at the 39 1/2. Ref initially runs down the 39-yard line to mark it, then changes course.

I SO wish I had a copy of the blown-up photo (about a 3' x 3' shot) of a CRYSTAL CLEAR picture taken directly from the 39-yard line that I saw in Parisian in Parkway City Mall in 1994. Sanders CLEARLY reached the ball to the 39-yard line. The 1st Down marker was across the field, at the 39 1/2.

Archived