Reason Cam Left the Press Conference

Proud Tiger

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe so but, I believe Cam should have stuck out show the media it didn't bother him what the Denver guy was saying. I'm still proud of Cam and I know he'll be back playing in many super bowls and winning them as time rocks on. Heck, Cam is only 26 years old.

No. Cam is the MVP of the league, wore specially made MVP cleats and got beat by a Denver D that was great. Cam should have been humble enough to admit that when interviewed. The Carolina D played well enough to win. The Carolina O was dominated by the Denver D. The Denver D won the game for the Broncos. No matter if a Denver player ragging on Carolina was being interviewed within earshot (to the victors go the spoils), Cam should have handled it much better.

I am a huge fan of Cam. He just needs to grow up and be just as expressive in defeat (in a good way) as he is when he wins.

wde

Cam should just change into a robot and be like Brady or Peyton. Hell....next time just walk off the field and ignore the world. I wonder if he'd be praised as being very "intense"?

I wish he had used a better tone...but I'm not disappointed in him. Guess I'm getting older and less idealistic.

Cam should just change into a robot and be like Brady or Peyton. Hell....next time just walk off the field and ignore the world. I wonder if he'd be praised as being very "intense"?

I wish he had used a better tone...but I'm not disappointed in him. Guess I'm getting older and less idealistic.

uh oh

Yes, Cam should have handled it better. Cam makes his bed with his emotions. He (and those that apologize for everything he does that can be taken negatively) needs to deal with both the good and bad of his emotions. I am not idealistic, I just hope for professionalism from the NFL MVP even in a loss.

wde

This is a dead horse. Everyone has decided what to think of Cam, nothing will change that. People will still talk, and Cam will do what he does, for better or worse.

Should he have maybe not walked out? Sure. Does this prove he had good reason to walk out and that all the backlash he is receiving is completely overblown? Absolutely.

This.

Look at his eyes. He looks around. Realized that's Crap..and walked.

He didn't have to take that.

I would have done the same thing

What I worry most about are the kids that adore Cam and we're watching to see what he had to say about the game. What kind of impression did he give them? Maybe they were all in bed. But now they're hearing it. About how he was a "sore loser". I just wish he would have been a little more in control of his emotions for that reason. I could tell from the start of the game that something was off with Cam. Nerves? Idk. He just wasn't smiling even from the start. It looked like he was sick or he didn't get any sleep. Even his teeth didn't seem as white to me. He normally lights up the world with his smile. Well, whatever. Learn a lesson from it and move on, Cam.

What would have been great is if he just pulled back the curtain and gave the rude guy next to him the "are you finished?" stare down. That would have made a much bigger and positive story and would have spun all the negative garbage to the idiot next to him. Oh well, hind sight is 50/50.

Cam tried to shoulder the entire load of the offense. He is a winner and doesn't like to lose. I doubt the heckler would want to step into a room alone with Cam. So instead of saying what he felt, he did what was he could, he left the questions and the heckling. If you would sit there and let people needle you and cut you up that have never played near this level of sport and not tell them to suit up or shut up then I would not give a plug nickel for you as a person. It is not like they wanted some dramatic insight into what were the problems he faced. They wanted to trip him up and take what he said out of context so they could print or post some crap for their own benefit. I am proud he kept his manners and walked away from a room full of people that don't make anything happen just sit on the sidelines and criticize the ones in the arena. Perhaps when more doers decide to tell the current brand of media to go jump in the lake and grant interviews with those that actually care about reporting the in depth truth there will be something worth reading about in print.

War Eagle.

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."~~~Auburn assistant coach Gene Lorendo, in a galaxy long, long ago.

Cam is a professional. He sought the attention and performed to get the spotlight squarely on HIM for months. The spotlight was still shining last night in the wake of Super Bowl 50. Why cower away from what you worked so hard to attract all season? I don't understand....you got what he craved, and then hid under a hoodie and walked out?

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."~~~Auburn assistant coach Gene Lorendo, in a galaxy long, long ago.

Prophetic, Mikey. Cam used that exact quote in an interview today.

He's not backing down or apologizing whatsoever, and for that I am very happy.

And no, the kids don't care. Folks really need to quit looking for reasons that his behavior was something they should react to in any meaningful way. Hell, even Peter King- the guy who couldn't wait to share that "entertainer and icon" quote, and who is famous for his embarrassingly gushing praise of boring old white guy quarterbacks- said he doesn't care and that people need to stop getting worked up about it.

Let's just keep it real. He's a young, over-celebrating, black quarterback. About the only thing he's guilty of being at this point. Some of the biggest competitors won't take certain things. He didn't want to and walked off. Who cares. Move on.

Let's just keep it real. He's a young, over-celebrating, black quarterback. About the only thing he's guilty of being at this point. Some of the biggest competitors won't take certain things. He didn't want to and walked off. Who cares. Move on.

I've never seen so many people so interested in a press conference.

I'm standing with Cam on this one. It's his personality and he's been open about his disdain for losing and everyone knows how he takes it. I suspect he will learn a few things along the way that will endear him to post game pressers after a loss but like he said........no one should like losing. I hope he's able to step it up a notch and hopefully the Panthers will supply him with some better personnel along the way.

I would like to personally thank Cam for reminding me that I was in desperate need of trimming my Facebook "friends".

You got that right! Sure helped me out!

And Cam is 26, worked his ass of for that day since he was like 8 years old, and wears his emotion on his sleeve. Who gives a flying fat fart about the post game interview? Lynch was praised for not doing them. It comes back to the same people polarizing Cam, and now wanting to keep doing it over a freaking interview...

Archived