2017 4* QB Bailey Hockman

auburnphan

Checking out Auburn:

Allie Davison@Allie_Davison 2m2 minutes ago

2017 four-star QB @B10aileyhockman says he’ll be checking out Auburn next week: https://auburn.forums.rivals.com/threads/four-star-qb-visiting.164328/

Bailey Hockman

Powder Springs, GA (McEachern)

Pro-Style Quarterback

• Ht 6-2
  • Wt 210

I guess Eason signing pushed Hockman off his UGa commitment.

Lefty. His dad is HC at McEachern High School which is just down the road from North Cobb High School where Tyler Queen played for his HC father.

Would be awesome to get him if for no other reason the talent coming out of McEachern. Probably have 30 kids who could run 4.5 or better right now.

I assume his size makes him a pro-style QB, because he currently plays in a read option spread. His RB from two seasons ago got serious playing time at Oregon this past fall. He isn't anywhere close to 210 pounds, probably much closer to 175.

Interestingly, Butch Thompson has a pitcher committed from the same high school. Alex Speas, throws in the mid-90's

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure Hockman is a great fit for AU. He is not a DT QB. I know Gatewood is another year out, but I think he is a much better for

for us.

I'm not sure Hockman is a great fit for AU. He is not a DT QB. I know Gatewood is another year out, but I think he is a much better for

for us.

We don't need a DT QB. Gus can win with either. ANY coach, ANYWHERE, is better off if his QB can run but their main purpose is passing. That's as true for Auburn and Gus as it is anywhere else. At QB, the better passer wins the job every time. If he can run all the better but the running is secondary.

for us.

We don't need a DT QB. Gus can win with either. ANY coach, ANYWHERE, is better off if his QB can run but their main purpose is passing. That's as true for Auburn and Gus as it is anywhere else. At QB, the better passer wins the job every time. If he can run all the better but the running is secondary.

FWIW it has not been proven yet he can win big in the SEC w/ a pocket QB. Doing it at Tulsa & doing it in the SEC is entirely different. You can out scheme & athlete teams at the skill positions at Tulsa much easier than you can in the SEC. W/ Gus's fairly simple passing attack I don't know if he can win big w/ in the SEC a pocket QB who is not a serious run threat.

for us.

FWIW it has not been proven yet he can win big in the SEC w/ a pocket QB. Doing it at Tulsa & doing it in the SEC is entirely different. You can out scheme & athlete teams at the skill positions at Tulsa much easier than you can in the SEC. W/ Gus's fairly simple passing attack I don't know if he can win big w/ a pocket QB who is not a serious run threat.

Of course, that's all assuming that when Gus has a stable of really great receivers, like he might have this and even more so next year, that his passing attack stays simple.

for us.

FWIW it has not been proven yet he can win big in the SEC w/ a pocket QB. Doing it at Tulsa & doing it in the SEC is entirely different. You can out scheme & athlete teams at the skill positions at Tulsa much easier than you can in the SEC. W/ Gus's fairly simple passing attack I don't know if he can win big w/ a pocket QB who is not a serious run threat.

Of course, that's all assuming that when Gus has a stable of really great receivers, like he might have this and even more so next year, that his passing attack stays simple.

Yup!

Archived