Nickel - Tim Irvin, Jr.

CB - Carlton Davis

CB - Jamel Dean

S - Rudy Ford

S - Tray Matthews

K-Daniel Carlson

P-Kevin Phillips

Who you got?

If that's our starting lineup throughout the year, it sets up very well for 2017, with 15 returning starters (assuming two players--Lawson and one of Tre and Daniel--go pro, which is exactly what I think will happen).

Why would JF III be our starter? Gus recruited him and we all KNOW Gus can't recruit a good qb...........

QB - John Franklin III

RB - Jovon Robinson

HB - Chandler Cox

WR - Nate Craig-Myers

WR - Darius Slayton

WR - Ryan Davis

TE - Landon Rice

LT - Braden Smith

LG - Alex Kozan

C - Austin Golson

RG - Mike Horton

RT - Darius James

DE - Carl Lawson

DT - Montravious Adams

DT - Devaroe Lawrence

DE - Byron Cowart

WLB - T.J. Neal

MLB - Tre Williams

SLB - Jeffrey Holland

Nickel - Rudy Ford

CB - Carlton Davis

CB - Jamel Dean

S - Stephen Roberts

S - Tray Matthews

K - Daniel Carlson

P - Kevin Phillips

3 things......have we even offered T.J Neal? I honestly believe PJ3 will put up BIG #s at LB....this will not be a popular opinion but but be surprised to see JJ starting vs Clemson

QB - Sean White

RB - Jovon Robinson

HB - Chandler Cox

WR - Nate Craig-Myers

WR - Jason Smith

WR - Marcus Davis

TE - Landon Rice

LT - Braden Smith

LG - Alex Kozan

C - Austin Golson

RG - Mike Horton

RT - Darius James

DE - Carl Lawson

DT - Montravious Adams

DT - Dontavious Russell

DE - Byron Cowart

WLB - T.J. Neal

MLB - Tre Williams

SLB - Jeffrey Holland

Nickel - Tim Irvin, Jr.

CB - Carlton Davis

CB - Jamel Dean

S - Rudy Ford

S - Tray Matthews

K - Daniel Carlson

P - Kevin Phillips

Who you got?

cant argue much with this. Look forward to DL play. #94 is on the rise. The starter is irrelevant on DL though. I kinda think SW will be the qb. I will have to see jf3 play to be convinced. Just not enough to go on.

QB - JF-III

RB - Jovon Robinson

HB - Chandler Cox

WR - Nate Craig-Myers

WR - Jason Smith

WR - Marcus Davis

TE - Landon Rice

LT - Braden Smith

LG - Alex Kozan

C - Austin Golson

RG - Mike Horton

RT - Darius James

DE - Carl Lawson

DT - Montravious Adams

DT - Dontavious Russell

DE - Byron Cowart

WLB - T.J. Neal

MLB - Tre Williams

SLB - Jeffrey Holland

Nickel - Tim Irvin, Jr.

CB - Carlton Davis

CB - Jamel Dean

S - Rudy Ford

S - Tray Matthews

K - Daniel Carlson

P - Kevin Phillips

My only difference is with the QB position. I think JH-III will win the job this spring. JJ & SW will play a good deal that will make the QB position stronger than a good deal of other SEC teams.

Why would JF III be our starter? Gus recruited him and we all KNOW Gus can't recruit a good qb...........

While true, JF 3 may start because he's had great coaching by Jimbo and a juco coach. (We all know Gus can't develop QBs)

3 things......have we even offered T.J Neal? I honestly believe PJ3 will put up BIG #s at LB....this will not be a popular opinion but but be surprised to see JJ starting vs Clemson

no

I kinda think SW will be the qb. I will have to see jf3 play to be convinced. Just not enough to go on.

Like I said 3 years ago (by predicting Nick Marshall over 1000 yards rushing), when you watch him run off-tackle, you'll be convinced.

QB - JF-III

RB - Jovon Robinson

HB - Chandler Cox

WR - Nate Craig-Myers

WR - Jason Smith

WR - Marcus Davis

TE - Landon Rice

LT - Braden Smith

LG - Alex Kozan

C - Austin Golson

RG - Mike Horton

RT - Darius James

DE - Carl Lawson

DT - Montravious Adams

DT - Dontavious Russell

DE - Byron Cowart

WLB - T.J. Neal (will be offered)

MLB - Tre Williams

SLB - Jeffrey Holland

Nickel - Tim Irvin, Jr.

CB - Carlton Davis

CB - Joshua Holsey

S - Rudy Ford

S - Tray Matthews

K - Daniel Carlson

P - Kevin Phillips

With the Smith-Kozan-Golsen-Horton-James projected OL startup, will we be able to move the ball any better, given the experience of that lineup? If everyone besides Lawson and either Carlson and Williams stays, as I previously mentioned, it will be a veteran group the next season, but I hope we're able to do decently with that unit this year. Again, with the lineup most people are projecting, I predict a team ready to make a run in '17.

If everyone besides Lawson and either Carlson and Williams stays

Kickers don't declare early.

We haven't had a LB declare early since Takeo Spikes. In fact, I think he may be our only LB to declare early. No way Tre Williams can impress enough in one season as a starter to declare early.

We haven't had a LB declare early since Takeo Spikes. In fact, I think he may be our only LB to declare early. No way Tre Williams can impress enough in one season as a starter to declare early.

Tray Blackmon (maybe even Eltoro Freeman) left early but I don't believe they made an NFL roster. They made the Canadian League I believe.

Tray Blackmon (maybe even Eltoro Freeman) left early but I don't believe they made an NFL roster. They made the Canadian League I believe.

Blackmon suffered a broken wrist midway through the 2008 season, and then left the team to support his family.

Eltoro Freeman played as a Senior in 2011.

We generally have about two players declare early per year. Maybe Braden Smith will be the second? Regardless, these projected rosters do make me feel good about 2017, assuming we have a solid team this year. Of course, the 2013 team showed even that might not be a requirement. That does not mean that I want to repeat 2012, of course.

Losing our 2 starting tackles is something I'm really down on. I think we will suffer quite a bit because of it. Losing multi-year starters on the OL is a guarantee for us to have a drop off and we weren't even that great of an OL last season. Not trying to be negative but that's just how I see it. We've never lost a multi-year starter and replaced him the very next year with equal or better production. Maybe the replacement hits that level a couple years down the road but 99.9% of the time it is never immediately following the departure of the guy declaring early or exhausting his eligibility.

Losing our 2 starting tackles is something I'm really down on. I think we will suffer quite a bit because of it. Losing multi-year starters on the OL is a guarantee for us to have a drop off and we weren't even that great of an OL last season. Not trying to be negative but that's just how I see it. We've never lost a multi-year starter and replaced him the very next year with equal or better production. Maybe the replacement hits that level a couple years down the road but 99.9% of the time it is never immediately following the departure of the guy declaring early or exhausting his eligibility.

I agree with what you are saying but at the same time the three that are coming back should be better with an extra year under their belts.

Have to be honest, I thought Roberts and Ruffin were much better at safety last year. Seems that down the stretch, they were on the field most of the time (when Countess wasn't). I know Matthews was banged up, but Ford was usually 5th guy in.

Archived