Reese Dismukes

Stripe

The Carolina Panthers sign guard Reese Dismukes to an early contract.

(No link story on the Panthers app.)

FULL STORY:

The Panthers have signed eight members of their practice squad to future contracts for the 2016 season.

The list of players includes defensive tackle Chas Alecxih, safety Marcus Ball, linebacker Brian Blechen, wide receiver Damiere Byrd, defensive end Rakim Cox, guard Reese Dismukes, defensive back Ras-I Dowling and offensive tackle David Foucault.

The Panthers previously signed eight others to future contracts.

The contracts are referred to as "future" contracts because even though the players have signed, they do not officially become members of the roster until the beginning of the new league year – March 9.

Future contracts essentially allow teams to sign players for the 2016 season even though it has not begun yet. Only players who are not on an NFL team's 53-man active roster at the conclusion of the regular season are eligible for these contracts.

RD now classified as a Guard.....interesting ?

What's Dismukes issue? He went from best C in college football to practice squad player. Are his measurables not translating to the NFL? Is he lacking in quickness? Strength? What's up?

What's Dismukes issue? He went from best C in college football to practice squad player. Are his measurables not translating to the NFL? Is he lacking in quickness? Strength? What's up?

Guess maybe there is usually only one center in a game and a team needs several guards....if he's not gonna be THE center....and he's behind an all-pro, playing guard keeps him on the team and drawing a paycheck. Could do worse.

Wasn't even the best center in college (no, just because you win an award, doesn't mean you're the best) and yes, he lacks obvious athletic/physical measurables.

...and he got a rather nasty reputation for some of his opinions in the locker room.

Pretty sure that's a lot of rumor and conjecture (most of which from Reuben Foster's recruitment)... my understanding was his hand size is the biggest reason for the move from C.

Also - to help the OP: http://www.panthers....e0-98cd93ccd3d7

...and he got a rather nasty reputation for some of his opinions in the locker room.

Pretty sure that's a lot of rumor and conjecture (most of which from Reuben Foster's recruitment)... my understanding was his hand size is the biggest reason for the move from C.

Also - to help the OP: http://www.panthers....e0-98cd93ccd3d7

PTB would know better than anybody...

His size has been an issue. The Steelers liked his qualities but his size was still in play when they let him go.

He will develop into a solid NFL lineman in the next few years at the guard position.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Maybe, maybe, maybe.....what we "know" about his evaluation was a few years ago.

Just thinking that if his "measureables" were still not to NFL standards we would not be seeing an NFL team signing him to a contract, even if it is practice squad...which means he can earn no less than $6600 per WEEK while he is under contract.....which ain't bad....

Why wasn't byrd playing at wr. The wr's were horrible

Everybody was fine except Cotchery who crapped the bed in the super bowl. Byrd has no speed and no size. Dependable hands, but that means nothing if you can't get open.

I'm thinking Cam regrets recruiting Blind Side.

Lol Michael Oher looked like the best OL on earth compared to who he replaced -- Byron Bell -- who graded out to be the bottom 3 offensive lineman the year before this season that just ended. And frankly, I'm surprised there were 2 other guys that actually graded out worse than he did. Oher was very solid this year and was a major part of the reason Cam was able to do what he did this season.

I'm thinking Cam regrets recruiting Blind Side.

Lol Michael Oher looked like the best OL on earth compared to who he replaced -- Byron Bell -- who graded out to be the bottom 3 offensive lineman the year before this season that just ended. And frankly, I'm surprised there were 2 other guys that actually graded out worse than he did. Oher was very solid this year and was a major part of the reason Cam was able to do what he did this season.

Oher had one really bad game out of 19...not too bad but the OL guys picked a bad time to have it and Shula did not seem to have a plan B when it became apparent their OL could not stop the blitz.

Still, ole #82 is the one who could have made everyone look good with a couple pretty routine NFL type catches which would have enabled Cam to have another happy post-game presser. His drops looked like Ginn on his worst days.

i saw some video on facebook with blind side. he claims as do others the field was crap. and it showed him not moving his feet and still getting shoved back kinda like he was skiing backwards. and no it is almost impossible to find a link on facebook when it was read earlier in the day. and i am not saying this is the problem i am just throwing this out there to see what folks say.

Archived