Pearl's future

LKEEL75

I have heard many wonder how long Pearl would last at AU. Between the compliance department that is supposedly putting a grip on what they will let him do; the lack of talent at AU; and the overall team attitude this year; many have speculated that his time in AU would be very limited. Last night on 'The Drive' in Hsv area they were talking to guy who does know a lot about local basketball and has some ties into the AU & UAt programs. This guy was saying that he has heard that Pearl has put his name in the ring for the Memphis job. He added that Pearl is a big town kind of guy and AU was just not his kind of town. He also added that the compliance department at AU was just to strict on what they would let him do. Now I know this is just hearsay but has anyone heard anything about this? I would hate to have CBP leave. I think he is a great coach and is just on the verge of getting things really rolling at AU. He has a great recruiting class coming in; has a lot of talent at AU; and just needs to avoid the injury bug. So someone please tell me CBP isn't leaving for Memphis.

I didn't hear the interview but I'm gonna assume you are talking about Mark Komara. I'll just stop right there.

Not sure who it was. I listen all the time, so I should know. I know he is on a lot. I think almost always on Wed where ever they are on location on Wed. I know the guy (along with Wes) is a UAt homer, but seems odd he would throw it out there. Then again he could have just been trying to get a rise out of the AU faithful.

Is this really a thread? Pearl loves AU. He's recruited great. His future here is incredibly bright. Why would you go to a big-named program when you've already been to the top with a big-name? It builds his legacy more to build a program here. I highly doubt Pearl is going anywhere

He's not leaving

If Jay forces him out, I won't support Auburn ATHLETICS again until he's gone.

I think it would be more likely that, if Pearl bails, Jay will be forced out.

I know AU is small, but is Knoxville considered a big town? I'm pretty sure BP would've been content to stay at UT for a long time.

I would be so upset if BP leaves. I would be upset if he's even throwing his name out to other coaching vacancies. I don't want to speak in hyperbole but I seriously might give up on AU bball for a season or 2 if he leaves just based on the sour taste it would leave in my mouth. I think I have been more excited about his hire than I have for any football coaching hire we've ever made in my lifetime. I wouldn't even consider BP to be the bad party here if he wanted to leave. I would blame the environment in place that would cause BP to even think about leaving. He has always said his ideal place is a football school where he has to sell the program.

Is our turnout for games not enough? Student section looks good most times but there are so many empty seats outside of the student section. Comparing it to football, where I guess when the majority of the stadium is coming in from out of town it's not reasonable to expect similar support for basketball just based on numbers alone due to the fact that most games are on weekdays and travel is just not feasible for many people.

IDK I'm just ranting here don't mind me

He's not leaving

I'm of this opinion as well.

If that's the case, I will allow it :lol:

So Bruce has current injured talent to which he will be adding an impressive recruiting class this year BUT our compliance dept is thwarting him to the point of leaving? Yep, definitely Bammerland North Alabama logic & wishful thinking.

He's not leaving

And why would that be?

Has there been anything that AU has not done to make BP successful? ...and when will anyone notice that Avery Johnson looks like he will put his team in the tourney in his first year?

He's not leaving

And why would that be?

Has there been anything that AU has not done to make BP successful? ...and when will anyone notice that Avery Johnson looks like he will put his team in the tourney in his first year?

The core of that team remained intact and are leftovers from Grant. Grant didn't drive their basketball program into the ground unlike Barbee.

He's not leaving

And why would that be?

Has there been anything that AU has not done to make BP successful?

If he leaves, then obviously they weren't doing something that made him want to stay. He certainly wouldn't leave because he had a bad year. That's not his style. The only reason he would leave is if he believes that he's not being given the opportunity to succeed. That would fall squarely on Jacobs shoulders.

Can't compare Avery and Pearl's situations IMO.

Jeff Lebo put this program below ground in his tenure. It was bad. Then Barbee came along and somehow made it 10x worse. Avery Johnson took over a sub par program and is doing a very good job but AU's program seemed like it was in a situation that happens when a program is on probation LOL while Bama's was just sub par.

Looks like everyone has had their say so I'm locking since this is totally based on some weird rumor by some unknown person on a radio interview. If something happens down the road that support such rumors we can reopen.

Archived